Top Players Returning In The TVC

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Re: Top Players Returning In The TVC

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Girevik wrote:Adam Ward has NOTHING on the "WHOPPER"!

How many kickoff returns and touchdown passes does the whopper have? ;-)
It should be a fun season. I wish all the returning players the best of luck, and wish they all could be all TVC!
GO TVC FOOTBALL

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Dundas, I know one team that don't want him and thats Wellston, I can say that he is not one of the top players in the league because his play when i watch showed it!And wellston only finished 2 games above Vc? Wrong they won 3 and Vc didn't win 1! The year before Vc won 1 game Wellston 4! Overall record stands for theirselves. Enough said Wellston I beleive if used correctly have 2 of the best players in the league and southern ohio in Austin Osborne and Jaylen Prater!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

goldenboy wrote:Dundas, I know one team that don't want him and thats Wellston, I can say that he is not one of the top players in the league because his play when i watch showed it!And wellston only finished 2 games above Vc? Wrong they won 3 and Vc didn't win 1! The year before Vc won 1 game Wellston 4! Overall record stands for theirselves. Enough said Wellston I beleive if used correctly have 2 of the best players in the league and southern ohio in Austin Osborne and Jaylen Prater!

VC went 1-9 last year..Wellston went 3-7. Get your facts straight before you try to talk smack. Thats 2 games better.

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Dundas, sorry my bad but I can talk smack because Wellston has beat Vc 3 out of the last 4 years!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Wellston is 3-3 in the last 6 years against VC...not much for bragging rights.

Year-Winner-Team-Records
2004 VC 14-7 VC (8-3) Wel (7-4)
2005 VC 21-13 VC (3-7) Wel (5-5)
2006 Wel 20-9 VC (5-5) Wel (7-4)
2007 VC 54-20 VC (4-6 Wel (0-10) *on the field..1-9 in the record books
2008 Wel 24-8 VC (1-9) Wel (4-6)
2009 Wel 33-20 VC (1-9) Wel (3-7)

Combined score over these years is VC-126 Wel-117

Total records over 6 seasons is VC 22-39 Wel 26-36.

Total playoff apperances is VC-1 Wel-2

Biggest win.. VC-34 points in 07 ..Wellston-16 points in 08.

Not sure either team has the right to brag about anything..when it comes to each other. They have been pretty evenly matched overall.

Maybe if Wellston had the kind of record against VC (as Jackson does Wellston), you would have a bit more room to talk smack.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Wellston enjoyed the 70's agianst the Vikings . The Vikings didnt beat Wellston until 1982. The series since then has been pretty even. The early 90's the Vikings dominated the Rockets. They pretty much dominated everyone in the league those years ,great team under O'Rourke . I am not sure of the overall series record ,maybe Hawkeye or Keyser can chime in they would know.I would think Wellston has a slight edge though on the over all series .

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Vinton County first beat Wellston in 1972 by the score of 6-0. An interception ran back for a td on Wellston's first offensive series; the games only score. The signed football is in the trophy case at the high school. You can see my signature on the end, if you look real hard! :12224
The year before Wellston won 52-6 I think, the year before that it was 34-0 for a fact.

GO VIKES

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Not sure on the exact record...but I do know that VC beat Wellston for the first time in TVC play in 83. It was Wellstons 2nd year in the TVC. In Wellston's 26 seasons in the TVC, they have finished BEHIND VC 14 times and have tied 3 times. VC has 5 TVC Championships in that same 26 year period compared to 2 for Wellston. Slight edge in TVC play has to go to VC.

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

I don't know to much about the past because I am not very old but from watch ive watched since I was groing through this decade Wellston has beat Vc most of this decade.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Thanks to a few of my friends, i have a lot of history and records to look at. I too am young and dont remember much before the late 90's seasons. If not for a fellow poster, I wouldnt know all that i do about the past.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Wellston vs Vinton County through the years.

The over-all W-L record for the Vikings is 15-28-0.

The TVC W-L record for the Vikings is 14-13-0. The 1991 VC victory (33-6) was not a TVC game because Wellston did not play a TVC schedule that year.

The past decade W-L record for the Vikings is 3-7-0.

The Viked-Man is absolutely correct on his first VC win over Wellston in 1972. It was a 29 yard interception by Kevin Barber which he ran back for a TD.

The first TVC win over Wellston was (as Dundas said) in 1983 by a 15-14 score with the difference being a 48 yard pass from Terry Radekin to Mike Bolender followed by an extra point kick by Steve Crow.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Good stuff RBR!

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

See Dundas my Rockets are better than your boys from the north! Lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GB...conference games are where its at! Who has more playoff appearances?? lol

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Haha, Its all about the wins and losses! The record speaks for itself! LOL

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Maybe so, but he would have to catch him first.
:aaaaa10 GO VIKES

stoleit_2711
Waterboy

Post by stoleit_2711 »

nybucks70-80 wrote:NY- LB-Leitwein, LB-FB Cunningham, T-DE Mello, OL- Taggart, DL Coon, DE-TE Dexter, QB Dean, LB-HB Andrews, T-T Milliron, RB-CB Dustin Young, WR-Kline, C-DT Moore, S- CB Carter, CB- FOX. G- Knippa, WR-Breeze, LB-CB-HB Perkins....Thats all I can remember of the returning Lettermen.( 17 of them )..Who else?

Are you seriously counting those two? Carter only played on the kick off team and Fox only played in what like 2 or 3 games? So narrow it down to about 15 letterman.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Carter also punted in the last 4 games. He should start at S or CB and maybe play some WR-HB. Fox played in more than half the games and started a few. Fox filled in for Mitchell at the start of the year and for Young the last 3-4 games.

Rocket50
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket50 »

Prater, Osborne, and Kerr For the rockets!

Return to “Football”