Wellston Job

boilermaker
SE

Re: Wellston Job

Post by boilermaker »

Dundas I school him in golf every summer. He is a better basketball player than golfer....LOL

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Haha...we'll have to meet up and play a round at fairgreens this summer!

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

has anyone bought fairgreens yet?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Sound good Dundas I like to golf ,just not very good .

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I played there last year and heard they had a new owner...? It was only 15 bucks for 9 with a cart! Great deal imo!

Im not the greatest either Boiler..i got pretty good back in HS when i played all the time..now its just every once in a while..lol

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

dont really know why wellston just dont go ahead and announce phillips as the coach in stead of acting like there following some kind of process.They wasted alot of some people's time when this has been phillips all along.I know a lot of people in oak hill hopes he gets the job.Then we'll be looking for both football and basketball coach's.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Sounds like sour grapes to me bigmamma42.
Read ironmen02 post I think he said it best why wellston handled it the way they did.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

boilermaker. Where in Wellston are they gonna find enough money to build a new sports complex? Because there is no way in the world a tax levy will pass!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I have heard if a certain group of people stop lining their pockets in Wellston, money for a new field would be no problem.

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Post by FLASH-G »

boilermaker wrote:Dundas I school him in golf every summer. He is a better basketball player than golfer....LOL

We will see thursday who the man is in golf boilermaker I wonder if people know who gave you the name boilermaker and I told you Matt Queen will be the next coach at Wellston.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Flash-G ,,, Queen only if Phillips turns the job down.

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Wellston School Board needs to name a coach fast! I was in the weight room today and there was 8 players in there mainly younger classmen, and for the most part this is because not everyone is sure there going to play for the new coach! So get it him named so you don't keep hurting the boys and the community!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I said it before golden , the boys are hurting themselves by not being in there. Its their choice to lift or not.This not naming a coach is just an excuse to go do other things.You are either going to dedicate yourself to play football or not. This excuse of ,well it depends on who the coach is horse hockey.It is well known by now that it is going to be Phillips or Queen. The kids just would rather be doing other things than lifting thats obvious. This fall when we are getting beat everyone can blame the coaches ...again for the lack of work the kids put in.
Ther is NO excuse for the boys who are going to play football not to be lifting PERIOD. Quit blaming the Board ,the coach its time to look at the real problem lack of want to .

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Boiler, blame the coaches? Last years team how many boys did they have out at lifting everyday working there a**'s off it was around 30! Last years team had a some really good talent and they had a coach that didn't know how to use what he had thats why he won 7 games in 3 seasons and that why he gets blamed for the losing, its a coaches job to get the boys to buy into a system and believe in one another, 16,17, and 18 yr. old boys won't believe or buy into something or someone who hasn't won or done anything, thats why I blame the coaches for the last three yrs. and I blame the board for not naming a coach yet because if its going be either Phillips or Quenn ( which i think we all believe it will be phillips) then why don't they quit wasting time and name the coach, its all a waste of time and it needs to stop so they can have someone getting this team ready for the upcoming season!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

It still doesnt give them a reason to NOT Lift ,to make THEM bigger stronger faster! As for last year im not saying the coaches didnt make mistakes,but it was also at times lack of effort on the kids part. Especially the second half of the season. I was there in the lockerroom and seen it all and trust me it wasnt just the coaches. The attidude of "some of the seniors was terrible. There was plenty of blame to pass around. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.
I do agree this has went long enough ,kinda makes me think that Phillips is having second thoughts . I have been told its up to him. Still NO reason for kids not to be working .

RickyRocket
Waterboy

Post by RickyRocket »

Boilermaker, if you're gonna golf with Dundas...you should know that he's a ringer!

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Good Luck with the new coach whom ever it turns out to be. I am sure he will get started and get the kids involved. I like to see all the teams in our area do well.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Boilermaker if you do golf with Dundas, watch that guy. He has trouble keeping his score card, shall we say legit!!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Hey Dundas , no erasers allowed in the golf cart!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I think that an answer will come soon

Return to “Football”