Belpre Eagles Football 10

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Re: Belpre Eagles Football 10

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

QB returns, 3 RB returns, few linemen returns, lost leading tackler at LB, lost WRs, almost 50/50 lost and returners. . .skilled positions will be back but lose some linemen. . . .JV according to their record wasn't very strong, but you never know. . . . incoming freshmen have a some lineman and skilled players that are capable in challenging upper classman in practice if not on friday nights. . . .this should open up some big time discussion on this post now. . . .

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Anyone have the scores of last years games, and what the schedule is this year?

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

screamineagle54 wrote:
eaglefan1 wrote:
The TVC Ohio div is harder than the Hocking so therefore it is an easier conference....

I have read this over 10 times and i still can't understand it..please elaborate

I believe what he or she is trying say is that the TVC hocking has smaller schools which magically makes it easier since belpre has ton of kids that attend.(like 300 something maybe)lol. Belpre has struggled the last 5 years with hocking teams. So i really don't know how easy it's actually going to be.

belpre also struggled with SEAOL teams.
having small schools does hurt the program,
it DOES NOT give them the excuse, oh we have
a small school so were just going to sucks. thats
not how it works belpre.

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

[I believe what he or she is trying say is that the TVC hocking has smaller schools which magically makes it easier since belpre has ton of kids that attend.(like 300 something maybe)lol. Belpre has struggled the last 5 years with hocking teams. So i really don't know how easy it's actually going to be.[/quote]

belpre also struggled with SEAOL teams.
having small schools does hurt the program,
it DOES NOT give them the excuse, oh we have
a small school so were just going to sucks. thats
not how it works belpre.[/quote]

belpre does not need to make excuses. we have alot of work to do and simply don't have the time to make excuses. we have to get better, period. i'm not sure what you mean by having small schools hurts the program. if you are trying to say a small school can't have a successful football team you are sadly mistaken. there are numerous "small" schools across the state that consistently win on the gridiron. how has belpre struggled with SEOAL teams? correct me if i'm wrong, but to my knowledge warren is the only SEOAL team belpre has played, at least in recent memory. how can you struggle with a conference if you've only played one team in that conference? belpre's enrollment is nowhere near 300 something. not even half that, 140 according to the ohsaa site. as i understand it, the numbers will be falling in the next few years and projections are that belpre will be a D6 school in the not to distant future. moving to the hocking division will help belpre be more competitive because we'll be playing schools more our size. that certainly doesn't guarantee anything except that the team on the other sideline will have just as many guys playing ironman football as we do. it's hard to be competitive when you have the same 22 guys on the field all night and your opponent can bring in a fresh squad every now and then. that's why nfl and college teams have a limit to their roster size, so everyone is equal as far as numbers go. again, i'm not making excuses, just stating some facts. we have a long hard road ahead of us. i believe our guys are up to the task. i'm not saying we're going to go out and win 9 or 10 games and win the league. i'm saying we'll be more competitive with the schools that are more our size.

go eagles!

slystone
Waterboy

Post by slystone »

Could the ever widening gap in size between Warren & Belpre ultimately doom this long standing rivalry ????

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

The main 3 coming back are ullman,waderker, and watkins

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

and thats about it..lol

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

haha. That is it. All 3 were the top scorers for belpre. All 3 will be seniors and will be playing with pride. Ullman has gotten way stronger and faster as well as Watkins. Waderker may be the fastest kid in the Hocking with maybe the exception of Dyla. They may light up the score board but the D with have to step it up BIG TIME

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Well said Eagledad!!!

Belpre will have their issues this year but its about adapting and cover coming the odds. Those seniors are solid senior and WILL be great leaders for the team. All three kids are very smart and savy in everything they do. I don't think you would find a better group of senior leaders eventhough they are little numbers.
Hey lets be honest can't get no worse only up hill from here!!! :-)
You three seniors be the leaders that I know you are we will need alot from you three!
Good Luck Guys.

footballproud12
Waterboy

Post by footballproud12 »

yeah belpre did have a good back feild.. starting against them the first game of the season being a softmore was a good experience for me. i can see belpre being alot better once they get there line a little motivated.

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

That is where belpre will be weak at.... the line and certain spots on defense

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

slystone wrote:Could the ever widening gap in size between Warren & Belpre ultimately doom this long standing rivalry ????

I don't think it will doom the rivalry until they merge, and that's still probably a ways down the line.
It's a great gate for Belpre, and a good gate for Warren.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

footballproud 12, a spell checker is a good thing ask swamisez

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

bigred31 wrote:That is where belpre will be weak at.... the line and certain spots on defense

If they get that Kirkpatrick guy back on staff the line issues will go away and if they hire a few of those peewee coaches they will develop a dominating defense. One of those guys won the peewee league and gave up no points to any other pee wee team. They need that guy....

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Farmer Yoder wrote:
bigred31 wrote:That is where belpre will be weak at.... the line and certain spots on defense

If they get that Kirkpatrick guy back on staff the line issues will go away and if they hire a few of those peewee coaches they will develop a dominating defense. One of those guys won the peewee league and gave up no points to any other pee wee team. They need that guy....

Those Pee Wee coaches are the way to go. Fort Frye hired an undefeated pee wee coach several years ago and he took them a long way. I say any team looking for a new HC should look to the lower ranks. Many a school has moved up a Pee Wee coach and enjoyed great success by doing so. Pee wee coaches make much more sense than hiring some guy that is a teacher, and experienced high school coach. :roll:

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Has anyone heard on the status of Belpre's head football coaching position???? Thought that we would have heard something by now,...warren has found theirs....

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Binary wrote:
Farmer Yoder wrote:

Those Pee Wee coaches are the way to go. Fort Frye hired an undefeated pee wee coach several years ago and he took them a long way. I say any team looking for a new HC should look to the lower ranks. Many a school has moved up a Pee Wee coach and enjoyed great success by doing so. Pee wee coaches make much more sense than hiring some guy that is a teacher, and experienced high school coach. :roll:

NY moves one of our Pee-Wee coaches up to O-Coordinater and it has worked out well. The simple fact that you can get a guy who understands the program and knows where it's going because he has been one of the first coaches to work with the kids makes since. I'm not saying all Pee-Wee coaches will make good coaches at the upper levels but it not that far of a stretch to say this could work out nicely for any school.

tommygnosis
Riding the Bench

Post by tommygnosis »

In my experience most peewee coaches are guys who either are looking to ride their superstar sons to the top or guys who didn't have the disciple to play by the rules to become real football coaches. They typically work wonders when they see moved into positions on high school staffs.

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

tommygnosis wrote:In my experience most peewee coaches are guys who either are looking to ride their superstar sons to the top or guys who didn't have the disciple(discipline) to play by the rules to become real football coaches. They typically work wonders when [b](they see) ? [/b]moved into positions on high school staffs.

don't totally understand ur comments, but most middle school and high school coaches r not typically hired from community but from teachers, admin, and school staff employees, all of which have first considerations if they apply, then letters of interest r submitted from community members. . .ultimately school board/commitee interview and select their best choice for the job. . . .most community members don't have a contact or certificate, cpr training, background check done to comply with OHSAA rules to be around our student athletes. . . .but i agree most/not all peewee coaches do start by coaching their own sons with hopes of making it to the big leagues someday. . . .yet again most never make it for the above stated reasons. . . .but i also believe that just because ur a teacher, admin, staff member that doesn't automatically make u a good selection to instruct young athletes in any sport! ! ! but with that being said would also be the first to agree that their has been some great coaches amoung our teaching staff. . .again just don't understand ur comments? ? ?

Bobcat Coach
Waterboy

Post by Bobcat Coach »

I would love to hear the definition of a "real football coach".

Return to “Football”