Belpre Eagles Football 10

eaglefan1
Varsity

Re: Belpre Eagles Football 10

Post by eaglefan1 »

Sorry about the typos didn't know we had typo police on here. ..... obviously you have never seen other football programs and how they are ran...have to have structure...and MOTIVATION...where do you find majority of that...hum ...military is the most stuctured organization on earth where you find motivation to be the best....so in that case I would say a military TYPE of approach would not be bad...not saying strictly a military standard but take the way they structure objectives and motivate and use it..

Don't cry...you are prime example

LOL, otterslide you have to be the dumbest person on the planet. You're comparing the military to high school football? I always look forward to reading your posts..i can't wait until you respond to this one. ATTENTION EVERYONE FROM BELPRE: WE NEED TO HIRE A MILITARY GENERAL TO BE FOOTBALL COACH AT BELPRE TO PUT IN STRUCTURE AND MOTIVATION. lol, unreal

So, you're telling me that if we have structure and motivation, then we will go 10-0, otterslide you are a genius, why didn't anyone else think of that!? I wish i was as smart as you, and if you're going to try to make a point, at least spell things right, i can't take you serious when you don't :(

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

eaglefan1 wrote:
Sorry about the typos didn't know we had typo police on here. ..... obviously you have never seen other football programs and how they are ran...have to have structure...and MOTIVATION...where do you find majority of that...hum ...military is the most stuctured organization on earth where you find motivation to be the best....so in that case I would say a military TYPE of approach would not be bad...not saying strictly a military standard but take the way they structure objectives and motivate and use it..

Don't cry...you are prime example

LOL, otterslide you have to be the dumbest person on the planet. You're comparing the military to high school football? I always look forward to reading your posts..i can't wait until you respond to this one. ATTENTION EVERYONE FROM BELPRE: WE NEED TO HIRE A MILITARY GENERAL TO BE FOOTBALL COACH AT BELPRE TO PUT IN STRUCTURE AND MOTIVATION. lol, unreal

So, you're telling me that if we have structure and motivation, then we will go 10-0, otterslide you are a genius, why didn't anyone else think of that!? I wish i was as smart as you, and if you're going to try to make a point, at least spell things right, i can't take you serious when you don't :(

You must not be able to understand what you read or you just can't read. You are making yourself sound like a idiot. Where did I say we would go 10-0 with structure and motivation? I think it would provide us the greater good, YES! You obviously have no life experiences or have never been very successful at anything you have done.
Once you have ever coached anything and experienced other coaching philosophies you probably shouldn't say anything.
I did misspell words by typos and for someone like you to have no life to want to bash someone on that you must be a real successful person.
1. Either you are a kid
2. You have no job or real life
3. You just like to whine....
anytime you want to confront me about this you know who I am if not plenty of people can tell you...
At this point I am done with this conversation with you.

orange and black
Freshman Team

Post by orange and black »

I think i can understand what otterslide is saying. I think he is leaning torwards a coaching staff that will keep a team disciplined as having players show up, give 110%, and take football serious when it comes to practice/scrimmages/games. If you take a look at winning programs like williamstown, Nelsonville, Logan...i guarantee 95% of their players are in the weightroom/track everyday, and are there to win not just to have something to do. I would like to see this at Belpre, every player coming to conditioning, summer camp, and practice and coming with an attitude to win. I can understand what otterslide was referring to with military disciple...you wouldn't want a company of soldiers who half ass it in training with a soft leader who didn't discipline you would want that company that was pushed beyond their limit to perform 110% in battle. I think the problem in Belpre is that we had one good year in the last 7 or 8 years and we haven't felt what it's like to win. The players need to get an attitude to go out and play to win not to go out and play to keep it close. I hope Belpre finds the right coach and the players get focused on the upcoming season!

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Thank you that was what I was try to imply. Guess I am good at really explaining it on here. That is my fault.
My objective on here is not to fuss with anyone but share opinions back and forth. I don't wanna get into this bashing each other. In the same token I am not going to let someone run me in the dirt.

orange and black
Freshman Team

No problem, i know you care about the program as much as myself or any other person in Belpre who has put work into it. Hope it turns around this year going into the hocking. Would like to see the numbers go up, but we lose a good amount of seniors to graduation.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

You must not be able to understand what you read or you just can't read. You are making yourself sound like a idiot. Where did I say we would go 10-0 with structure and motivation? I think it would provide us the greater good, YES! You obviously have no life experiences or have never been very successful at anything you have done.
Once you have ever coached anything and experienced other coaching philosophies you probably shouldn't say anything.
I did misspell words by typos and for someone like you to have no life to want to bash someone on that you must be a real successful person.
1. Either you are a kid
2. You have no job or real life
3. You just like to whine....
anytime you want to confront me about this you know who I am if not plenty of people can tell you...
At this point I am done with this conversation with you.

Im not a kid, i have a real life and show me where i whined? I agree with orange and black, on another thread i said that Belpre kids aren't in the weight room because they won't come! You're completely right, Nelsonville just built a new nice, new weightroom just a couple years ago if im not mistaken, I also agree that you need discipline on a team to succeed, but you cannot compare military to high school football. Belpre is not military school. You are also right that these kids need structure. They shouldn't need the coaches to motivate them, their motivation should be to win and to do whatever it takes to win. If you aren't a competitor, then don't play.

btw, i can read and write perfectly fine..obviously better than you..LOL

Good luck to all players and to whoever the coach may be during the upcoming season

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

do you know what else programs such as williamstown, logan and nelsonville have that make them successful? parent and community support! williamstown has had a few different coaches over the past several years and they haven't missed a beat. logan's coach recently retired, bet the new guy keeps the chiefs rollin'. nelsonville has been extremely consistent. why? several reasons: good coaching, yes, but as i just stated more than 1 guy can wear the headset and win games. the kids must have the 3 D's - desire, dedication and determination. this could definately be improved on. a good weight program - again, needs improvement. but to me the most vital aspect is support from parents, administration and the community. you can't coach effectively if you are constantly looking over your shoulder. i'll admit, i'm just as guilty as anyone when it comes to questioning tactics, gameplans, etc... i have tried to remain positive and supportive of belpre athletics. we are all human. we all want the best for our kids. what i have realized is that "our kids" includes the everyone on the team, from the pee wee kids all the way up to the seniors in high school. THEY ARE ALL GOLDEN EAGLES! if we can look past petty differences, pull together and everyone do their part, however big or small, we will make an impact in "our kids" lives. we need to encourage all of them to stay the course, on the field and off. things will only get better if we work on them together. remember, success is when preparation meets opportunity. we know opportunity will come around next fall. will the preparation part of this equation be sufficient? only time will tell.....

RESTORE THE SOAR!
GO EAGLES!

orange and black
Freshman Team

Well said eagledad, support is always needed and really does have an impact. Simple stuff like going to a game and cheering for them has an impact, i know i loved playing when it was loud and the stands were full, made me play harder and do better. Nothing like a loud friday night in the fall when you have thousands of fans watching and being loud and being under the lights playing football. Good example was the nelsonville game in 2007, probably the most intense enviroment i've been in. It was an awesome feeling just being there. Hopefully we can have some more games like that this next season.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

do you know what else programs such as williamstown, logan and nelsonville have that make them successful? parent and community support! williamstown has had a few different coaches over the past several years and they haven't missed a beat. logan's coach recently retired, bet the new guy keeps the chiefs rollin'. nelsonville has been extremely consistent. why? several reasons: good coaching, yes, but as i just stated more than 1 guy can wear the headset and win games. the kids must have the 3 D's - desire, dedication and determination. this could definately be improved on. a good weight program - again, needs improvement. but to me the most vital aspect is support from parents, administration and the community. you can't coach effectively if you are constantly looking over your shoulder. i'll admit, i'm just as guilty as anyone when it comes to questioning tactics, gameplans, etc... i have tried to remain positive and supportive of belpre athletics. we are all human. we all want the best for our kids. what i have realized is that "our kids" includes the everyone on the team, from the pee wee kids all the way up to the seniors in high school. THEY ARE ALL GOLDEN EAGLES! if we can look past petty differences, pull together and everyone do their part, however big or small, we will make an impact in "our kids" lives. we need to encourage all of them to stay the course, on the field and off. things will only get better if we work on them together. remember, success is when preparation meets opportunity. we know opportunity will come around next fall. will the preparation part of this equation be sufficient? only time will tell.....

RESTORE THE SOAR!
GO EAGLES!

Very well said.

Well said eagledad, support is always needed and really does have an impact. Simple stuff like going to a game and cheering for them has an impact, i know i loved playing when it was loud and the stands were full, made me play harder and do better. Nothing like a loud friday night in the fall when you have thousands of fans watching and being loud and being under the lights playing football. Good example was the nelsonville game in 2007, probably the most intense enviroment i've been in. It was an awesome feeling just being there. Hopefully we can have some more games like that this next season.

I, also was at that game and that was an intense atmosphere..loudest i have heard a Belpre crowd in a long time, especially on the road. The Williamstown game in 2007 was also a great atmosphere for high school football.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

eagledad wrote:do you know what else programs such as williamstown, logan and nelsonville have that make them successful? parent and community support! williamstown has had a few different coaches over the past several years and they haven't missed a beat. logan's coach recently retired, bet the new guy keeps the chiefs rollin'. nelsonville has been extremely consistent. why? several reasons: good coaching, yes, but as i just stated more than 1 guy can wear the headset and win games. the kids must have the 3 D's - desire, dedication and determination. this could definately be improved on. a good weight program - again, needs improvement. but to me the most vital aspect is support from parents, administration and the community. you can't coach effectively if you are constantly looking over your shoulder. i'll admit, i'm just as guilty as anyone when it comes to questioning tactics, gameplans, etc... i have tried to remain positive and supportive of belpre athletics. we are all human. we all want the best for our kids. what i have realized is that "our kids" includes the everyone on the team, from the pee wee kids all the way up to the seniors in high school. THEY ARE ALL GOLDEN EAGLES! if we can look past petty differences, pull together and everyone do their part, however big or small, we will make an impact in "our kids" lives. we need to encourage all of them to stay the course, on the field and off. things will only get better if we work on them together. remember, success is when preparation meets opportunity. we know opportunity will come around next fall. will the preparation part of this equation be sufficient? only time will tell.....

RESTORE THE SOAR!
GO EAGLES!

Do you also know what these schools have in common?? They are traditionally so called football schools that have lots of students that want to play the sport and be successful. These school are average when it comes to the other sports they participate in. As for Belpre they are just average in football right now because the student body is low and the kids are focusing on other sports instead. Now a days its all about that one specific sport that the kids excel in, and right now in Belpre that isn't football it is basketball or baseball. Let me tell you i wish kids would just play other sports like we did in the '80s and '90s.

orange and black
Freshman Team

Yes they are football schools, but they had to start somewhere, they didn't just dominate football from their first year and every year after that. It started with winning, and winning comes from work in the offseason. I thought Belpre would have picked up the momentum from the 2007 success, unfortunately we didn't. Hopefully this year in the hocking is different from the last two seasons. And you consider Belpre an average football school...in my opinion 0-10 is not average.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

You base how a school is off a couple seasons, I base it over a extended period of time. Yes Belpre is a average football school get use to it. Belpre was a football school not that long ago if you remember, when they were one of the bigger schools in the TVC. I will agree with you that the move to the Hocking will benefit them and they will win some games now that they will play more games against schools of their size.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Does the GPA requirement have a negative effect on the numbers at Belpre?

orange and black
Freshman Team

Yeah, but it's not the gpa rule it's that some kids aren't making atleast 2.0 gpa and i believe you cannot fail a class. But that shouldn't be a problem i believe every one of these kids on every athletic team can do that. There should be no problems at all with grades yet we still have them. I have heard that some of the wrestlers have been on the watch for grades...hope they get it taken care of school comes first!

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

orange and black wrote:Yes they are football schools, but they had to start somewhere, they didn't just dominate football from their first year and every year after that. It started with winning, and winning comes from work in the offseason. I thought Belpre would have picked up the momentum from the 2007 success, unfortunately we didn't. Hopefully this year in the hocking is different from the last two seasons. And you consider Belpre an average football school...in my opinion 0-10 is not average.

I think you made a great point in saying 0-10 is not average. I cant see Belpre being 0-10 very often now that they have switched conferences but I also think Belpre fans need to see this switch for waht it is: an opportunity to BEGIN to improve. If you remember, last year Eastern ran all over Belpre in a scrimmage and then they went out and only finished in the upper half of the Hocking. Belpre should compete better in the Hocking but I wouldnt expect them to run all over the competition next year especially with Wahama coming in. Wahama absolutley destroyed Eastern last year and they are usually very good. I would say that if Belpre can put together a 4 or 5 win season next year that would a strong step in the right direction.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Cant put it much better than that HC.

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

i agree. this next year is the beginning of improvement. improvement of attitudes, in the weightroom, in the classroom, on the practice field and under the lights on friday nights as well. the eagles will still be pretty young, so learning how to win instead of playing not to lose will be a big step. be competitive in every game, win a few here and there (maybe one you're not supposed to) and try to finish .500 or better. i spoke alot about support in my last post. we must also have patience. it will not happen overnight. do things the right way, work harder than the next guy and never give up. lift, lift, lift!

go eagles!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think you guys should stop fighting with each other. I am sure this goes beond what is posted on SEOP's and the kids read this stuff and hear what is being said around town. It is time to come together know matter who the coach is and support your boys!

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

agreed orange and brown, lets talk about the team

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

What positions were lost to graduation and what players return that should be able to contribute this fall?

Return to “Football”