SOC 2 2010

Who wins in 2010?

Total votes: 0

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: SOC 2 2010

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Vladimir wrote:Bendolph: Transfered back to PHS.

No big loss there. I couldn't see where he helped the Burg out that much last year. Whitley though will be missed, just for his kicking abilities if nothing else.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Vladimir wrote:^ According to his parents, he will be playing for PHS this year.

Playing football at one school one year then going to another the next. Seems he just wants to play with the team that has the best chance of winning. Not saying Wheelersburg can't win but the Portsmouth team this year has a great deal of talent returning.

val13
Freshman Team

Post by val13 »

I think that Valley will contend this year. They do have a lot of returning talent. But, they havent beat burg in 40+ years, and thats a huge cloud hanging over Crabtree's head.

I just want to clarify one thing. On Valley's website, http://www.valleyls.org/highschool/inde ... Itemid=112, it says that they play home with West. Only thing is, they played home with West last year. Is that true, or just a mess-up?

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

That game should be at West.

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

BAB2010 wrote:Waverly Tigers Game Schedule 2010

1. @Piketon-Going to be a really good game most likely both teams are probably gonna be working out some kinks. But Tigers come out on top. So (W)

2. Jackson- Havent heard much about them they have been pretty quiet but i do know that a lot of the sophomores that played jv last year for both teams are gonna be starting varsity this year as juniors and from what i saw at the Waverly vs. Jackson JV game is that Waverly simply dominated so make that (W).

3. Western Brown- Havent heard much about them heard somethings that might be rumors but idk so this could end up either (W) or 2-1. (Please Give Some Info)

4. @Vinton County- For the past couple of years its been pretty bad so i dont see why it would change. So Waverly Tigers (W) or 3-1 depending on ^^^^.

5. Ashland KY- We all know what happened last year.........ugh but if Waverly is coming off a 4 game winning streak they are not gonna want to lose that at home so either (W) or 3-2 who knows.

6. Ports West- Now this whole games outcome depends on if the Tigers are undefeated or not or if they have just 1 loss but overall with both teams i think its a toss up. So (W) or 3-3 or whatever else it is.

7. @Valley- From what i hear they are supposed to be pretty good and i know a few star athletes they have that will help them win if they step up, but in saying that i have heard that they arent putting in much effort in the weight room. I know that Waverly has been putting a bunch of time in the weight room and have been working their tails off, also they have a lot of kids on the team that i think are gonna come out as a surprise to a lot of people. So another close game but i have Waverly so (W) or 4-3 depending on the toss up games.

8. Burg- Now dont forget over the past decade there have been some pretty good games played at Waverly's stadium against Burg where Waverly has come out on top. I have heard from multiple sources that Burg is losing a lot of talent but they have always been a good program so if they Tigers are coming off a streak or if the home crowd gets them fired up i have to give it to Waverly. So (W) or whatever it all depends on the streak(Never underestimate the power of the streak and what it can do to a young mans heart)

9. @Minford- Now this is gonna be the game to see this year if the Tigers come in at 8-0 or even 7-1 its gonna be on heck of a game against the 2009 SOC 2 Champs and last year at Waverly's place i heard that Waverly gave Minford a run for their money. Now i personally believe that Waverly is coming back with a little more talent then last year(Yes even with the loss of Roback & Malone)the Tigers still have Underwood and Kretzer who were both BIG parts of the offense last year and for D this year i have heard that the Tigers are gonna have on heck of a LB Crew and Secondary as well. So i have to give it to the Tigers (W)

10. @Northwest- (W) No question.

All in all i think you should never count out the team that comes out of the season early with a winning season if any team thinks they cant be beat and really believe it in their hearts they are always gonna be a tough team to play. So i say that the Waverly Tigers could finish 10-0 or have a 5-5 season all depending on the streak.

your tigers will be 3-7 at best. Remember what happened at West last year. That is going to happen again

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

"your tigers will be 3-7 at best. Remember what happened at West last year. That is going to happen again"

Waverly might escape the first four games with two wins, but I am afraid that they
will be subject to a physical beating at the hands of Paul Blazer, which will cause
another collapse similar to last year as they enter conference play. I hope otherwise,
but the Tiger program seems to be in one of those down cycles depsite having some good skilled players.
Three wins would be reasonable for the season.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Prediction-

SOC 2 CHAMPION- Will be between West and Minford...will come down to line play and big plays....score will be kept under 40 total points and one big play down the stretch will carry one of these teams to triumph

Loser of that game will be runner up....

Valley in the 3 hole- I could be wrong, they may shock the world and win the crown, they have the talent this year, nuff said....I wont go any farther than that. Most people know where I am going with this and I want to keep my Indian neighbors happy with me this football season :)

Burg in the 4 hole- sorry, cant lose that much talent and compete in this league. All that success can sure lead to a major letdown.

NW and Waverly duke it out to stay off the bottom - Waverly's program is gasping for air and NW cant sustain confidence when playing HS FB coach musical chairs....

On serious note, its just a game and I intend on enjoying every single week. Good luck to all local kids, coaches and fans!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:Prediction

Valley in the 3 hole- I could be wrong, they may shock the world and win the crown, they have the talent this year, nuff said....I wont go any farther than that. Most people know where I am going with this and I want to keep my Indian neighbors happy with me this football season :)

I wont disagree with that....we have to prove something first.

blackraider
Riding the Bench

Post by blackraider »

[quote="Bleeding Red"]Prediction-

SOC 2 CHAMPION- Will be between West and Minford...will come down to line play and big plays....score will be kept under 40 total points and one big play down the stretch will carry one of these teams to triumph

Loser of that game will be runner up....

Burg in the 4 hole- sorry, cant lose that much talent and compete in this league. All that success can sure lead to a major letdown.

NW and Waverly duke it out to stay off the bottom - Waverly's program is gasping for air and NW cant sustain confidence when playing HS FB coach musical chairs....

On serious note, its just a game and I intend on enjoying every single week. Good luck to all local kids, coaches and fans!

1.Minford-LOADED
2.Burg-Too good for too long to finish 4th
3.West-Pendleton and gang
4.Valley-Capable of beating top 3 'cept Burg
5.Waverly-Capable of an upset
6.NWest-continue to build

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

blackraider wrote:
1.Minford-LOADED
2.Burg-Too good for too long to finish 4th
3.West-Pendleton and gang
4.Valley-Capable of beating top 3 'cept Burg
5.Waverly-Capable of an upset
6.NWest-continue to build

This is Crazy^^^^^^

1. West
2. Minford
3. Valley
4. Burg
5. NWest
6. Waverly

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

1. West - Could be really good this year. Tons of good athletes. Speed. Lots of experience back and the best player in the area.

2. Burg - I have a feeling that Wheelersburg is gonna be better than what most think. They have 4 out of 5 back on the o-line and a really good running back. They lost a ton of skill and their JV wasn't real good last year but they are always descent.

3. Minford - I don't think Minford will be near as good as last year like some do. They lost some really good skill players like burg and most of their linemen. They have some athletes back and Sloan is a nice player but their JV wasn't really good either. They are well coached and get alot out of their personel, but I just believe their gonna take a step back.

4. Valley - Good athletes. Could be higher. I just don't believe they'll beat any of the top 3.

5. Waverly - Only conference win will be northwest. Will be another long year in waverly.

6. Northwest - Its Northwest.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

Valley will beat Wheelersburg in 2010

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Siderman could be right or could be wrong. Each team has pluses and minuses. I don't think Pendleton is the best player around. I think he is a great high school player and the best college prospect in this area. I think West has to show it can defend the pass, throw effectively and Spread the ball around more than last year. They have the talent to do it.

Could be right about Burg but I think they lost way too much defense and skill.

Valley has the talent.

Minford I am confident will be better at the skill positions. There are some questions I think on the line but from what I hear they have some coachable kids.

Waverly lost there two best players. I don't know much about them.

Northwest I hear has more kids out but it is hard to tell what they have.

I do agree that Minford gets a lot out of the talent they have.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

QB4 wrote:Valley will beat Wheelersburg in 2010
their getting closer, they did score a td last yr

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

4dfalcons wrote: I don't think Pendleton is the best player around. I think he is a great high school player and the best college prospect in this area.

Just curious who you think is better? The only other really good local kid that I have never seen play is Sloan from Oak Hill. I think Myers from Portsmouth is a great offensive player. But Trevin dominates both sides of the ball. IMO he is the best player around and it really isn't close. He'll show more of what he can do this year when he has more help.

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

1. West
2. Valley
3. Minford
4. Burg
5. Waverly
6. Northwest

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

siderman wrote:
4dfalcons wrote: I don't think Pendleton is the best player around. I think he is a great high school player and the best college prospect in this area.

Just curious who you think is better? The only other really good local kid that I have never seen play is Sloan from Oak Hill. I think Myers from Portsmouth is a great offensive player. But Trevin dominates both sides of the ball. IMO he is the best player around and it really isn't close. He'll show more of what he can do this year when he has more help.
I haven't seen the sloan kid, but its hard to argue against pendleton. Myers, sloan and shank should all put up huge #'s this yr.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

We've heard that same crap for 40 years now. When are you people going to wake up and realize it ain't happening. :mrgreen:

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

We've heard that same crap for 40 years now. When are you people going to wake up and realize it ain't happening. :mrgreen:
I agree with you Burg Grad, but this is Valleys best chance. They better make the most of it.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

WestFan27 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

I agree with you Burg Grad, but this is Valleys best chance. They better make the most of it.

I doubt it, as we are not going to see any Burg dominance of the league for several years, if ever again. Sorry, but when your JV gets 60-0 hung on them, the well is getting dry.

Return to “Football”