SOC 2 2010

Who wins in 2010?

Total votes: 0

sider
All Conference

Re: SOC 2 2010

Post by sider »

Indian till death wrote:I thought we would win this past season, but with graduating so many KEY players from last year... things are really going to be up in the air between us, West, and Minford. It's definately going to be interesting to see how things play out.
Can't wait :122245
P.S. Northwest will not win a conference championship within the next 7 years.

You are right, Valley didn't graduate a lot, but these guys they graduated were some of there best players. I do believe that Yates will do a nice job at qb (even though you lose your best wideout in him, you best slot in Buc, and best tight end and the person that made the offense go in Coleman), Holcomb and Crabtree should be a good backfield running behind 4 returning lineman. I think last year Valley might of been more talented, but this year they I have bigger Senior class and an old O-line, that will be the difference.

I can't say I agree with you on it being West, Minford, and Valley in the hunt for title however. No disrespect towards Minford, but there will be a falling off. Every program experiences after a string of good football classes come through, I do agree that they as strong and conditioned as anyone...but I believe West last year was as strong and conditioned as everyone they played as well, they just weren't experienced, and because of that they typically played bad in the first half, and in some crucial moments and let a few games slip away that shouldn't of (even though they probably won a few they should of lost as well). I think Minford will have a solid winning season, just not a great one like the last three years. And another thing, don't sleep on the Burg, as bad as I hate to say it they return 4 olinemen, a few skill players and Shankweiler, couple that with they fact that they are hungry for an Soc, and they will be as hard to beat as anyone around here.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Indian till death wrote:I thought we would win this past season, but with graduating so many KEY players from last year... things are really going to be up in the air between us, West, and Minford. It's definately going to be interesting to see how things play out.

That wasn't a serious prediction.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

sider wrote:

You are right, Valley didn't graduate a lot, but these guys they graduated were some of there best players. I do believe that Yates will do a nice job at qb (even though you lose your best wideout in him, you best slot in Buc, and best tight end and the person that made the offense go in Coleman), Holcomb and Crabtree should be a good backfield running behind 4 returning lineman. I think last year Valley might of been more talented, but this year they I have bigger Senior class and an old O-line, that will be the difference.

I can't say I agree with you on it being West, Minford, and Valley in the hunt for title however. No disrespect towards Minford, but there will be a falling off. Every program experiences after a string of good football classes come through, I do agree that they as strong and conditioned as anyone...but I believe West last year was as strong and conditioned as everyone they played as well, they just weren't experienced, and because of that they typically played bad in the first half, and in some crucial moments and let a few games slip away that shouldn't of (even though they probably won a few they should of lost as well). I think Minford will have a solid winning season, just not a great one like the last three years. And another thing, don't sleep on the Burg, as bad as I hate to say it they return 4 olinemen, a few skill players and Shankweiler, couple that with they fact that they are hungry for an Soc, and they will be as hard to beat as anyone around here.

I agree with you on this, Minford will probably go either 7-3 or 6-4 this season IMO unless the OL steps up.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Let's not count waverly out..

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

Sadly, I don't see Waverly winning that much. Nothing against them, Coach Wright has put together a solid program since taking over for Coach Dewitt, but Waverly this year is down. Depth will be a problems along with trying to find some key lineman to block for Kelly at QB next year. I'll give credit for Kelly when he stepped in for Roback last season, he didn't do a bad job. Waverly will need to find some LB's who will step up and help lead Waverly defensively. With that said, good luck to Waverly next year! Show me wrong.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

ladymohawk wrote:
mikenmike wrote:Valley this year then NW will win it the next!! You heard it here first!!! :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

well geez it's amazing how the NW players don't have tremendous confidence in themselves with all the support and motivation you give them

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

Your too generous with Northwest. If they haven't won in about 50 (is that correct?) years, and the school board the way it is, if there isn't change, they won't win this decade! If a good coach comes in and the school board let's him be, NW could dominate with the talent pool they have. But like I said, NOT likely. :(

Anti-West
Waterboy

Post by Anti-West »

WEST ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! SOC CHAMPS FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS BOOK IT!!!! NO NEED FOR ANYONE ELSE TO EVEN SHOW UP

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Anti-West wrote:WEST ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! SOC CHAMPS FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS BOOK IT!!!! NO NEED FOR ANYONE ELSE TO EVEN SHOW UP

:lol: Not likely..

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

I am real interested to see how Burg does the next few seasons.

tigerfan4life
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerfan4life »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
falconater wrote:If Valley does it will be the 5th team in 5 years to win:

2009 Minford
2008 West
2007 Waverly
2006 Burg

A pretty competetive league as of late.

burg won it in 07.

http://football.burgfan.com/Tradition/Championships.htm

Waverly won in 2006 and Wheelersburg Won in 2007. Wheelersburg was the favorite to win in 2006 and Waverly surprised everyone and ran through the conference and in 2007 most people thought that Waverly would repeat but they had a meltdown at the Burg with injuries and Wheelersburg played a perfect game almost and executed everything to perfection.

Mohawk
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk »

Is there a way to change your User Name

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

falconater wrote:I am real interested to see how Burg does the next few seasons.

The Burg has had a phenominal run for 40 seasons.
Coaching, talent, community support ? Or a rare combination
of all three. I do not see why it will not continue.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I don't know who will win the title, but I'm ready to get things started. This warm weather tells me, it won't be long. Teams are really starting to gear up for this year's season. I think the SOC II will be very strong again this year. I think we should have at least three teams make it to the playoffs, if not four.
I would say West will be the team to beat, and Valley a close second. The Burg is always tough, and they have alot to prove. Minford will have to prove they can replace some very good players. For the last couple of years they have done well, but they had their QB to carry them. I have faith in their coaching staff to field a good team, and maybe even surprise a few people this year. They have a very tuff schedule with Oak Hill, and Coal Grove, two very good teams this year.
One things for sure, it will always be fun, and exciting.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Minford doesnt play coal grove this year

Indian till death
Waterboy

Post by Indian till death »

I'm not sorry to say this, but Wheelersburg is going to blow next year. Blow their season, I mean. They are losing all of the skilled players that I can think of. But to put things in an optimistic point-of-view, at least the kids are still graduating, and most of the SOC II is down this coming season. It will be nice to see us beat "The Burg" for once. I've never had the chance to do so...

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

You are crazy if you think they will "blow" next year. They return almost their entire OL n have their top rusher is back. It wouldnt surprise me if burg upsets someone to win the SOC next year.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Indian till death wrote:I'm not sorry to say this, but Wheelersburg is going to blow next year. Blow their season, I mean. They are losing all of the skilled players that I can think of. But to put things in an optimistic point-of-view, at least the kids are still graduating, and most of the SOC II is down this coming season. It will be nice to see us beat "The Burg" for once. I've never had the chance to do so...

Why? Go to class and get off this board.

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

Indian til death or should I say Idiot til death I can tell you right now you are the only one from Valley who feels that way and just like always Burg will be right in frront at the end of the season. Like Crab says get back in class !

kirker3240
Waterboy

Post by kirker3240 »

Well I can say I graduated from northwest and to be honest we dont have any heart at all. I played football as well, but us on the football team actually thought we had a chance every time our cleats hit the field. We have a dominate Jr. high program but the kids never stick it out long enough to make it to varsity ball. There are tons of athletes that roam the halls there but none of them ever want to do anything with it or use it. Maybe if they would get off their lasy butts and use that talents we'd be okay. Also just like what someone said earlier we will never win an soc game until we keep a coach longer than a year. This year's coach is Brooks Fry, he also helps with the Basketball Program, he is a very talented coach and I'm anxious to see what he brings to the SOC table this year.

1.West
2.Burg
3.Valley
4.Minford
5.Waverly
6.Northwest

Return to “Football”