Tribune: River Valley has standing invitation to join TVC

goUK
Varsity

Re: Tribune: River Valley has standing invitation to join TVC

Post by goUK »

option 1......i want ironton in

option 2......i want ironton in all sports except football

we could also consider ironton st joe because we wouldnt have to worry about them competing in football

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

RV would make a good fit in the Ohio. The football history is going to be bad when you start out in a league that you are overmatched in every week (SEOAL). They can compete at least at the bottom of the division at first.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

River Valley was independent the first two years and the schedule was a killer. The Raiders would be a good fit in the TVC Ohio and they would have been from the start but it was not to be. The Raiders are better off in the OVC than they were in the SEOAL!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

2trap_4ever wrote:
Daniel Larusso wrote:If River Valley does leave, the OVC should send an invite to Oak Hill. They are located on rt. 93 not far from Rock Hill so travel shouldn't be a problem. I know they play most sports in the SOC 2, but for football they are a member of the SOC 1. Oak Hill needs a better conference for their football team, and if the SOC 2 isn't going to let them in for all sports why not move to the OVC. That would give the OVC an even 6 teams which means no open dates late in the season.

Not to disrepect River Valley, but on the way to the playoff game against the Oaks this year I told my wife I would rather make this trip every other year than going into Gallia County.

Well 2trap_4ever, being half serious/half joking.....the feeling is mutual for the FIVE trips made ever 2 years to Lawerence County! :lol: :lol:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

While the trip to and from River Valley is a long one (especially the one home at night), I'd really like RV to stay in the conference if they could remain in all of the other sports except football; they've got a nice new school, they're the same size as other OVC schools, and they're competitive in every other sport as far as I know. I don't mind making the trip up there once every two years to watch a football game.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

fuzzhead wrote:
Daniel Larusso wrote:If River Valley does leave, the OVC should send an invite to Oak Hill. They are located on rt. 93 not far from Rock Hill so travel shouldn't be a problem. I know they play most sports in the SOC 2, but for football they are a member of the SOC 1. Oak Hill needs a better conference for their football team, and if the SOC 2 isn't going to let them in for all sports why not move to the OVC. That would give the OVC an even 6 teams which means no open dates late in the season.

I've been saying this on here for a LONG time. Oak Hill is about the same size as the rest of the OVC and they were in the conference for a LONG time.
The Symmes Valley thing has been tried and it failed miserably. Symmes Valley is in a good conference for them with schools that are their size. They can't compete on a regular basis with the OVC in football. I don't get why people can't just let this idea die.

I don't think Oak Hill and Soc wants to get rid of each other...the Soc is one of the most prestigious basketball conferences in Southern Ohio, if not the most, I can't imagine Oak Hill leaving it

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

sider wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:

I've been saying this on here for a LONG time. Oak Hill is about the same size as the rest of the OVC and they were in the conference for a LONG time.
The Symmes Valley thing has been tried and it failed miserably. Symmes Valley is in a good conference for them with schools that are their size. They can't compete on a regular basis with the OVC in football. I don't get why people can't just let this idea die.

I don't think Oak Hill and Soc wants to get rid of each other...the Soc is one of the most prestigious basketball conferences in Southern Ohio, if not the most, I can't imagine Oak Hill leaving it

Basketball is great in the SOC 2, but Oak Hill plays football in the SOC 1.

Return to “Football”