Week 5: Logan (0-4) @ Nelsonville-York (4-0)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 5: Logan (0-4) @ Nelsonville-York (4-0)

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

lets go chiefs. go down there and play like a big d-2 school should! go get it!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Show em what SMALL SCHOOL FOOTBALL ABOUT...
GO BUCKEYES.....BEAT logan........

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

NY BUCKS wrote:Show em what SMALL SCHOOL FOOTBALL ABOUT...
GO BUCKEYES.....BEAT logan........
Rest assured N-Y will win by 3-5 tds

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Logan_Buckeye wrote::122247 I have watched both teams play so far and to tell you the truth.. I'm not sure I can make an honest pick. Logan has 4 key players that I have seen, QB, Running Back and the two nice wide outs #10 and #33. Problem with logan offense is that although the line is decent size, they are prone to getting beat by small quick defense linement. The Running back I would say is pretty much a mirror image of NY's and is very quick and shifty on his feet and can turn on the jets when on open ground, however, I haven't really seen him power through yet. Now, the QB is decent, but makes very bad mistakes when pressured, instead of throwing the ball away and living to play another down, he forces it and that is trouble (which really showed in the 2nd half of the Jackson Game). The Logan fullback seemed to be pretty good. If the QB and the speedy wideouts get any kind of rythm, they will score quickly and a bunch.

Now, NY has a great QB, Running back and O-line, however, the they haven't seen a defensive line as big as Logans. This will be a serious test for them. NY's defense line is fast and furious, however, the defensive backs are really going to have to be on their toes, quick slants will be thrown atleast once every series in my opinion, then the long ball. If the safeties and corners get caught peaking, Logan QB will make them pay for it if he is not harassed, he does throw a pretty long ball.

If NY jumps on Logan quickly, I see it going south in a hurry. Only because I've seen the will power bleed away when Logan makes a couple of mistakes. But, if Logan hangs and plays without all the penalties and bonehead mistakes, it will be a monster game that will come down to whomever has the ball last. I hope that this game is injury free for all involved.

QB Edge: NY
Running Back: Even
Wide Receivers: Logan
O-Line: Even
D-Line: NY
Linebackers: NY
Defensive Backs: Even
Kicking Game: NY
Special Teams: NY

Good Luck to both teams
In the real world..
QB edge: NY
Running Backs: NY by a long shot
WR: Kline and North better than anyone Logan has. ad in Perkins - Breeze and Carter...Too many weapons for the Chief's.
O-Line- Even
D-Line- even
LB's- NY
DB's- NY
Kicking- NY
Special teams- NY.

Logan's line doesn't look very big to me.
NY should win unless they turn the ball over early and often!
NY 35- LO 12

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Logangrad wrote:Funny your "real world" seems a little swayed a bit..... :mrgreen:

Logan's starting TB has 315 yds on the ground, but the telling stat is that he is avg almost 6 ypc. Thats a nice chunk each time he runs the ball.
Grad, that is the story! Kelly must junk as much of the passing game as possible and return back to bascis, I, Power I, modifed bone and split backfield. We have a major problem snapping in ball lets try to keep it simple. He better work on his defense or teams will run the score up on our chiefs! As much as it pains me I agree with NY 70-80

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

Fans can hear this game on the air on WXTQ Power 105 ...it's the Athens County High School Football Game of the Week for this rivalry renewed.

Our coverage of Logan @ Nelsonville-York begins at 7:15 for a 7:30 kickoff.

Join Rob Schreier and Ben Strunk on Power 105 Friday night.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LOGAN LOCOS: IVE GOT THE NELSONVILLE-YORK STATS UP ON THE TVC WEB SITE ... HERE IS THE LINK: http://trivalleyconference.com/Nelsonville-York.html

NY FANS - I WASN'T ABLE TO FIND A BOX SCORE FROM THE NY VS NEWARK CATHOLIC GAME - I DID HOWEVER FIND AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE GAME, WHICH HAD A LOT OF STATS INCLUDED (BUT NOT EVERYTHING) ... IF THE STATS DON'T LOOK RIGHT, E-MAIL ME THE CORRECT INFO ... trivalleyconference@yahoo.com OR you can PM me using SEOPS.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

does anyone have ny's roster?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Look on the Messenger website its in the 2011 football preview,,kind of a weird format you have move the cursor to get things moving around,can't wait to see them pretty orange endzones Friday night can you trench?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logangrad wrote:Funny your "real world" seems a little swayed a bit..... :mrgreen:

Logan's starting TB has 315 yds on the ground, but the telling stat is that he is avg almost 6 ypc. Thats a nice chunk each time he runs the ball.
Logan's QB has thrown for almost 600 yds in 4 games as well. That seems to be a nice mix of run vs the pass.

My point is that saying NY has an edge at the RB spot by a long shot may be a bit over stated. And Logan's MLB is avg almost 15 tackles a game. Again, I dont see an edge there for NY. I would say even at that spot.
Look at the teams the 315 yards are against

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Look on the Messenger website its in the 2011 football preview,,kind of a weird format you have move the cursor to get things moving around,can't wait to see them pretty orange endzones Friday night can you trench?
does ny have their own football site? whats the messengers site http? yea that is cool when schools put their solid colors in the endzones. most of them doing it now. wish logan would have gotten all purple endzones with white letters. yea that pretty orange in there looks good. seen pictures of it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

i found it c-bolt. it was a pretty tricky format. i got-ur though. thanks.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

nybucks70-80 wrote:
Logan_Buckeye wrote::122247 I have watched both teams play so far and to tell you the truth.. I'm not sure I can make an honest pick. Logan has 4 key players that I have seen, QB, Running Back and the two nice wide outs #10 and #33. Problem with logan offense is that although the line is decent size, they are prone to getting beat by small quick defense linement. The Running back I would say is pretty much a mirror image of NY's and is very quick and shifty on his feet and can turn on the jets when on open ground, however, I haven't really seen him power through yet. Now, the QB is decent, but makes very bad mistakes when pressured, instead of throwing the ball away and living to play another down, he forces it and that is trouble (which really showed in the 2nd half of the Jackson Game). The Logan fullback seemed to be pretty good. If the QB and the speedy wideouts get any kind of rythm, they will score quickly and a bunch.

Now, NY has a great QB, Running back and O-line, however, the they haven't seen a defensive line as big as Logans. This will be a serious test for them. NY's defense line is fast and furious, however, the defensive backs are really going to have to be on their toes, quick slants will be thrown atleast once every series in my opinion, then the long ball. If the safeties and corners get caught peaking, Logan QB will make them pay for it if he is not harassed, he does throw a pretty long ball.

If NY jumps on Logan quickly, I see it going south in a hurry. Only because I've seen the will power bleed away when Logan makes a couple of mistakes. But, if Logan hangs and plays without all the penalties and bonehead mistakes, it will be a monster game that will come down to whomever has the ball last. I hope that this game is injury free for all involved.

Good Luck to both teams
In the real world..
WR: Kline and North better than anyone Logan has. ad in Perkins - Breeze and Carter...Too many weapons for the Chief's.
O-Line- Even
D-Line- even
LB's- NY
DB's- NY
Kicking- NY
Special teams- NY.

NY 35- LO 12
I guess you haven't seen McCarty run or how well Lindsey and Wotring run routes and catch, not to mention that I'm pretty sure Lindsey might just be the fastest player on the field friday... I'm sorry, but RB's are definately even and Logan has edge on Wide Outs... The only reason the wideouts do not have more yards or td's is because QB is prone to mistakes and unforced errors... PERIOD. Don't get me wrong... I believe that NY has talented receivers, but the QB play is what makes them even better. Anyway... I'm not picking a win or loss by either team, it just depends on what team shows up focused and ready to play..

However, as my name implies... I live in Logan, but I am a Buckeye through and through.. GO BUCKS

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

noreply66 wrote:

Logan's QB has thrown for almost 600 yds in 4 games as well. That seems to be a nice mix of run vs the pass.

My point is that saying NY has an edge at the RB spot by a long shot may be a bit over stated. And Logan's MLB is avg almost 15 tackles a game. Again, I dont see an edge there for NY. I would say even at that spot.
Look at the teams the 315 yards are against
Enough said there moreply66

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan_Buckeye wrote:
nybucks70-80 wrote:

Good Luck to both teams
In the real world..
O-Line- Even
D-Line- even
LB's- NY
DB's- NY
Kicking- NY
Special teams- NY.

NY 35- LO 12
I guess you haven't seen McCarty run or how well Lindsey and Wotring run routes and catch, not to mention that I'm pretty sure Lindsey might just be the fastest player on the field friday... I'm sorry, but RB's are definately even and Logan has edge on Wide Outs... The only reason the wideouts do not have more yards or td's is because QB is prone to mistakes and unforced errors... PERIOD. Don't get me wrong... I believe that NY has talented receivers, but the QB play is what makes them even better. Anyway... I'm not picking a win or loss by either team, it just depends on what team shows up focused and ready to play..

However, as my name implies... I live in Logan, but I am a Buckeye through and through.. GO BUCKS
Wotring is faster than Lindsey

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

GO BUCKEYES GO TVC................

Bengals31
Waterboy

Post by Bengals31 »

Pretty sure lindsey is faster but thats just me,there both good athletes so really dont matter tho..just like to see logan get the W this friday

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

i think u got an 80% chance of seeing the W this friday bengals31 imo. good luck to both teams. go chiefs!!

Return to “Football”