D4 - R15: (3) Heath vs. (2) Ironton @ Nelsonville York

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D4 - R15: (3) Heath vs. (2) Ironton @ Nelsonville York

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Heath and Ironton talk on the Licking County website.

http://www.lickingcountysports.com/spor ... =13&t=7494
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I JUST READ THIS NCF, THANKS FOR THE LINK. THEY ARE SHOWING RESPECT FOR OUR PROGRAM, BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GETTING READY TO ROLL INTO TOWN INSIDE THOSE 2 SCENIC GREYHOUND IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS BUSES , I'M AFFRAID. i liked they called our fans rabid and knowledgeable. that pretty much sums it up.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:Heath and Ironton talk on the Licking County website.

http://www.lickingcountysports.com/spor ... =13&t=7494
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I JUST READ THIS NCF, THANKS FOR THE LINK. THEY ARE SHOWING RESPECT FOR OUR PROGRAM, BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GETTING READY TO ROLL INTO TOWN INSIDE THOSE 2 SCENIC GREYHOUND IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS BUSES , I'M AFFRAID. i liked they called our fans rabid and knowledgeable. that pretty much sums it up.

Always glad to help my Ironton friends out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it was great meeting you sat. if you shoot me your cell number, i'll give you updates, unless mike is.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:it was great meeting you sat. if you shoot me your cell number, i'll give you updates, unless mike is.

Thanks.
If things go well for Mike he will be going and then I will make the drive if not I will need the updates.

It was good meeting you too.

I will PM you the number now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

got it, i'll keep you updated, nice meeting you as well.

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

Last year when Ironton came to NY to play, there was only about 200 Tiger Faithful that followed them. Because this is the playoffs, we are expecting a full house and we will accomodate the crowd. Actually, the best seat in the house would be to park in the Dawg Pound. You can back your pick-up truck against the fence and watch a football game while enjoying your favorite beverage. Admission to the Pound is only $5.00 which all goes to the NY Athletic Boosters. It's a great tailgate area located on the home side right on the goal line. Get there early...first come first serve.

The Bucks will be rooting for the Tigers..

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Wouldn't mind checking this game out if things fall into place. got a big game to see friday night in Obetz. Might rain Saturday :mad: and I have some health issues with my significant other so don't know whether I can get away. I'm sure the NY field is great but man, get more seating if you're going to host these games.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Oh yea, GO Tigers! SEOAL rules!

mr.dude2010
Freshman Team

Post by mr.dude2010 »

[quote="

some of you need to wake up, quit missing the forest for the trees. and pitch a royal one to the OHSAA, FOR THIS DEBACLE, BAIT.[/quote]

i love that expression

go ironton!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i totally agree dazed , thats the only point i was trying to make. people just take things out of context.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:okay, for everybody thinking i'm ungrateful. hang with me a minute. i don't care if they flippin play in baltimore. i'd be there it at all possible, it's NOT ABOUT TRAVEL.

it is merely the seating. while i'm not using my personal health situation as the standard , just think for a minute. are you doubting my loyalty asa tiger fan, i doubt it. but in the same respect, i have a broken back, a steel knee, fibromyagia, rhuematory, degenerative arthritis, and irritable bowel syndrome. yet, i try to make every game. is it right for me or any other handicapped person, to have to be there shortly after breakfast. to try to get a seat, then when they open the gate, everybody runs by you anyway, and gets the better seats, who werent there as long. is it our fault ohsaa . can't put us in a stadium capable of holding our crowd.

again, i could care less about the travel. another thing, tickets are now 7/9 dollars. the state makes 9/10 of that , why would they cut their own throats by not putting it where everybody can enjoy it. i wonder how many have similiar health issues.

i know sparta would like to be playing this week, but they ain't. but we are, and we pack a huge whollop financially to the areas that we travel. alot, will not come , because of the fear of standing. i'm telling you, now.i know many of you agree with me because of pm's. but won't come out and say it, i'm tired of gettin hosed. no need to put a game in a small d5 stadium that can't accomodate the crowd. absolutely no knock on ny. just not big enough. many of us have parents 70, and older. should they stand in line for 4/5 hours, so they can set. it's not just young healthy people that are tiger fans. and then you have to consider guests that will come with us from adjoining districts, as well as those from local communities that will watch , because their local team plays another night, or their team did not advance. it's like putting a marshmallow in a parking meter, it won't work.

some of you need to wake up, quit missing the forest for the trees. and pitch a royal one to the OHSAA, FOR THIS DEBACLE, BAIT.

I am with you Bait...I think something needs to be forwarded to the state....this is not a good thing for the state to stick a Division 4 second round game in a Div 5 Stadium...that Seats 2500 When Ironton normally brings over 2000 with them alone...I myself have back problems and couldn't stand the whole game..I am going to be bringing my mom and aunt that are nearly seventy each...and my cousin who also has back trouble...I think it is a sad thing when there are plenty of stadiums available and the state does something like this...I would rather travel further...and have plenty of seating..even Logan, it's only about fifteen minutes from Nelsonville....than to have to miss the game because I won't be able to stand the whole game...
Last edited by TIGERS90 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i totally agree dazed , thats the only point i was trying to make. people just take things out of context.

Not taking anything away from NY. Those people are crazy for football and though I've never been there, I'd think from accomodation standpoint that Logan would be the better venue for this. Plenty of seating including HC seating. That's why the good folks in Hocking Co. passed the levy. Between us and Jackson, no better facilities in SE Ohio. Again, nothing against the other folks.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'm trying to contact , ohsaa . but what it's pulling up. i don't know how to get in.

Devilhorse
Freshman Team

Post by Devilhorse »

Good Luck Tigers!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I'd still like to see higher seed host the playoff games through the region finals. 8)

tony181stewart
Riding the Bench

Post by tony181stewart »

Good luck Tiggers :122245

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i'm trying to contact , ohsaa . but what it's pulling up. i don't know how to get in.

good luck, they dont take e mails, or phone cals this time of year.

Im surely not driving that far to fight for a seat....1500 on the home side?...everyone told us ours was to small, and we seat 5,000 on the home side :122246

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

i think its messed up that ironton should drive that far.
the way they should do the playoffs is this.

the top 4 teams get home field for the first two rounds.if one of the top 4 teams looses in the first round then the team that beat them gets home field for round two...oh,you didnt get that? let me show you.

say logan has home field and their playing winchester.wichester beats them so winchester has a home game against lets say brook heaven hmmmm?

talk about stiring it up huh?

although now that i think of it i would give it to the number one seeds.if a number one seed gets beat first round then that 8 seed gets to have a home game for round 2

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I don't think seating will be a problem!!! I think you all are making to much out of it! :122245

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: D4 - R15: (3) Heath vs. (2) Ironton

Post by kantuckyII »

ironman02 wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:We were told last night that Jackson did not want to host two games. Whether that's true or not, it seems likely though because..we'll we're not going to be better location which Jackson would be. Now, Boston Field is very nice though, going be cozy though...Jackson would have been abundant seating as well. I'd say you'll have a lot of NY fans at this game that will take a bunch of the seats as well.

Wished Jackson would have reconsidered.

I don't understand why Jackson would do this. I guess they could have their reasons, but I have no idea what those reasons may be. The only way they get a regional final is if Ironton and Amanda both win this week, or if Burg and Oak Hill both win. That could happen, but it's not a guarantee. Even then, the OHSAA may still choose another venue. Jackson should host as many games as they can, in my opinion. They don't want two games? They might not even get ONE game!

Well, I'd been the first one to testify that Jackson has done a great job for us everytime they've had us there. It's an awesome stadium, seating is abundant, parking people have done a great job, restrooms are nice and the people have been too. I think that Heath would have been tickled as well had it been at Jackson, once they got there. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that NY can do a good job too.

A lot of times, visitors don't really show up from the community like you'd think they might. They have the same things in mind when deciding whether to go or not..high ticket prices, large crowds, limited parking and seating to see two teams you really aren't into all that much.

I, for one (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) thinks Ironton has it's hands full with Heath this coming Saturday night.

Return to “Football”