TROJANS IN 2010 ON OFFENSE

Westfan
SEOP

Re: TROJANS IN 2010 ON OFFENSE

Post by Westfan »

It's true, alot of kids have gotten scholarships under Clifford, but that has more to do with talent than anything. And he's had more than his fair share of great players over the years with little to show for it in playoff success.

As far as next year, Portsmouth returns alot on offense. Meyers is a great player. But before they have any asperations of going anywhere in the playoffs, their defense has to get alot better. Giving up 50 plus to Ironton and Wheelersburg says alot, and you graduated several off your defense.

As far as transfers, the new rules make it alot more difficult to transfer after your freshman year starts. If you don't live there, you have to sit out a year if you go open enrollment. This really limits transfers to anything other than a private schools. The only way around it is to move or do something shady like rent a place, and as we saw with the Williams boys last year, surrounding coaches, etc really take notice and make sure it's legit, especially when really good players are involved. Really all I care about is West anyway, and a player would be nuts to leave now with the talent we have back. Basically all starters this year were sophs and juniors, and Pendelton ran for around 1500 yards behind a bunch of sophomore linemen with a sophomore quarterback to take the heat off him while sharing carries with Murphy. With what we have back, 2000 yards is easily achievable. Not to mention a very long run in the playoffs.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

I agree siderman about a good West team coming back, but it will not compare to this Trojans offense which is what this topic is about. And It doesn't matter to me about anyone that's not a Trojan right now. The young man we are talking about is talented enough to get a schooly. I was just saying that as good of a coach as West has he does not, and will not have the ability to get a kid his fullest chances on a D1 level like Clifford could. That being said good luck to West, but this topic is really for discussion on the Trojans Offense not some rumor. GO TROJANS.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

ttt

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

biggdowgg wrote:
sider wrote:Can't wait until week 2 next year...a loaded Portsmouth team versus a loaded West team...

The one thing that this Portsmouth team doesn't have that many trojan teams of the past had is that one factor back...not taking away from Jackson, but this team doesn't have a Parker or a Bolden to be the go to, but they do have Josh Myers who can run like a back, and a solid group of playmakers (including Jackson)...it should be interesting to watch

not many teams at all, have a Parker or Bolden.......

I can tell you one thing, in the last 3 to 4 games, Jonathon Royster has proved that he can run the ball very well, when you put him and Jackson back there together, big things can happen,,,both of them can rip off a big run any time the ball is put in their hands...they will have a big year next year,and it wil open up the passing game even more.

Very true, they were both one a kind football players...but, those were state caliber teams, and they had those impact players...now both teams had a great supporting cast (especally that 2002 team, it was one of the best high school team I have ever seen), but players like Parker and Bolden put them over the edge...this team reminds me of the 2004 and 2007 teams in a lot of ways...both teams were borderline great had great qb's and a very good players all around, but both underachieved in the playoffs, hopefully this team will fair better...but I think they will at least 8-2 or 7-3 at worst, with a home playoff game

Incognito wrote:I hear there could possibly be a huge transfer coming to P-Town.......OchoPW.

I don't see this happening...they have a huge line coming back, and experience at every position virtually...They will have it together this year...I think week two next will have the two best teams in the county playing, and possibly two of the best in the region

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

(quote; sider) I don't see this happening...they have a huge line coming back, and experience at every position virtually...They will have it together this year...I think week two next will have the two best teams in the county playing, and possibly two of the best in the region

I would agree with you sider on week 2 next year it should be a great game. Both teams are going to be very good, I just think the Trojans Offense will be to much for the West defense. Still a long way till that game, Portsmouth will have a tough test with D1 Wilmington in game 1 first. Can't believe the season is already over with, it flew by this year.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Should be a fun team to watch. Save my seat on the hill Ozzie and BigDawg

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

has the 2010 schedule been finalized and if so could someone post it. Love opening up with Wilmington, Curts going home if this is a road game

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

LetsGoPSU wrote:has the 2010 schedule been finalized and if so could someone post it. Love opening up with Wilmington, Curts going home if this is a road game

the first game with Wilmington is a home game for the Trojans...and on Saturday 8)

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

ttt

crslpn44
Waterboy

Post by crslpn44 »

what do you guys think about portsmouth running the wildcat with royster?? im no football coach by any means but it sounds like a good idea to me. It would reduce the hits on myers and royster has some explosive speed to cut through the middle or round the corner. i noticed last year if royster got the ball it was usually a big gain but getting him the ball seemed to be a problem.

Return to “Football”