Portsmouth Grad Gerald Cadogan SIGNS WITH THE BENGALS

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth Grad Gerald Cadogan SIGNS WITH THE BENGALS

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Congrats!!!!! but its to bad he has to wear ORANGE AND BLACK!!!!!

toadstool
Waterboy

Post by toadstool »

to crabs brother what r u bellyachin about no valley injun make it this far give the kid cadogan some credit or shut the crap up we r proud of his accomplishment if u cant be go crawl back under ur rock

ninjstar
Waterboy

Post by ninjstar »

there is not congrats here at all, practice squad is a fancy word for blocking dummy

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Quit hatin' nunchuck, this is the NFL baby!!!

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

How many of you bashers were good enough to even make a practice squad, let alone make $5200 a week do something you absolutely love? Thats what I thought. At least he has made a roster and still maintains a chance.

Congrats to Gerald, and good luck. A quality young man, and fine role model. You will be a tremendous addition in any aspect to the NFL or any other organization,or company who gives you an opportunity.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Im old,fat and out of shape.....and I would be glad to be anyones practice dummy, for 5 k, a week :mrgreen:

anyone that knows Gerald, knows he will succeed , he used his football skills to get his college education,and is a very smart young man, he didnt go to Penn State, just for football

jayphillips
Waterboy

Post by jayphillips »

Good Luck!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

toadstool wrote:to crabs brother what r u bellyachin about no valley injun make it this far give the kid cadogan some credit or shut the crap up we r proud of his accomplishment if u cant be go crawl back under ur rock

Get it a rest! Learn to speak something other than jiberish and I may respect what you have to say. If you can read, and judging by the crap in your post, that may be a stretch. I never said a negative thing about Gerald. I think it is great that he is living his dream on the Bengals practice squad. I was responding to the genius who wanted to pick him over Andre Smith. If you can't see the homerism in that, then there is no help for you anyway.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

CrabsBrother: I got your post, and I agree

his is a good opportunity for Gerald, it is a long shot, but he has a shot thousands of College players never even get. There are only 256 practice squad positions in the NFL, and the key is he is still a FA and able to sign with anyone. I wish him the best, Southeastern/Southern Ohio needs another NFL player.

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

Congrats 2 Gerald. Both him and Andre Smith can help the O-LINE out a ton.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

biggdowgg wrote:Im old,fat and out of shape.....and I would be glad to be anyones practice dummy, for 5 k, a week :mrgreen:

anyone that knows Gerald, knows he will succeed , he used his football skills to get his college education,and is a very smart young man, he didnt go to Penn State, just for football

i agree dowgg. 5k a week to be a practice dummy. i'd do it to

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Moses Guthrie wrote:Quit hatin' nunchuck, this is the NFL baby!!!

i agree 100%

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Congrats!

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Why the hating on this young man ? Congrats ...keep the dream alive :-D :-D

The_X_Factor
JV Team

Post by The_X_Factor »

So much for that nice ending. Bengals.com reports that Cadogan was released today as Cincy added Freddie Brown to the practice squad.

It's unfortunate for the Bengals and for Gerald. Whoever gives GC a real shot will have a fine lineman and finer young man.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

I am not being mean here, but why does everyone seem to think that they can sport talent and ability more than the thousand plus NFL scouts and team personell who are paid to find players for a living? Gerald is a fine person, known his family for many years, however as another poster stated this is a business and NOT a personality contest. More than likely this dream is over.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Sorry to hear that I hope GC lands a spot somewhere. Maybe he should think about Canada for a year or 2.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Say what you want about me, I have been on the sidelines for more DI NCAA games, NFL games and worked more sidelines and practices than you've ever been to as a spectator. I am just amazed at the comments of some regarding talent.
As I said, I wish Gerald tons of luck, but the road for an UDFA is long and hard, but people are on here talking about how a UDFA is better than an Outland Trophy winner and how because he's a nice guy he'll be a great player.

It is very hard for an Offensive lineman to sit out a year and catch back on and still get a good look.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

anyone that knows Gerald,KNOWS,he will be fine,with or without football.

he got, what he went for at Penn State :!:

ninjstar
Waterboy

Post by ninjstar »

well players come and go

Return to “Football”