Site Admin

TVC-Ohio (1-7) Vinton County @ (6-2) Alexander

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: TVC-Ohio (1-7) Vinton County @ (6-2) Alexander

Post by Steely Dan »

VC's winning streak comes to an abrupt end. Spartans take out their frustration on the Vikings.

Alexander 48

VC 25

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think the Spartans wake up this week!!!!!!!!!!
They learned a great lesson in there loss to Meigs!!!

Alexander-39
Vinton Countty-18

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Alexander wins big

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Sparty gets W #7

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Alexander by a lot!

Good luck to both teams.

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

vinton county got there first win but i say that alexander is so much for them

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I think VC will make this one closer than some think...Im gonna say if VC can get out early like they have against Jackson, Wellston, and Belpre, they may have a shot at an upset win. One thing they have going for them is confidence!! Good luck Vikings...

5kdude
Varsity

Post by 5kdude »

Dundas wrote:I think VC will make this one closer than some think...Im gonna say if VC can get out early like they have against Jackson, Wellston, and Belpre, they may have a shot at an upset win. One thing they have going for them is confidence!! Good luck Vikings...

if they can get fast they could win but if it look from when they played jackson. they played the first half good but when the 2nd half comes they cant finish it off

thirtytrap
Freshman Team

Post by thirtytrap »

Alex moves to 7-2
Alex 35
VC 14

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

The next two games are at Alex and we are expecting more rain. Both of these teams match up with Alex with size. The field conditions will take any speed advantages away. No easy wins for Alex in the next two. If anything it may be an advantage to the visiting teams. Meigs was down a few starters from sickness and still found a way to get it done. These are going to be two dog fights for alex.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County is coming off a big emotional win over Belpre..one which many said wouldnt happen. Vinton County shut a good Belpre offense down. VC also got their own offense going but still have some of the same problems which have occured all year long..that is turnovers and penalties in the red zone. The Vikings could have really opened up the game in the second half but cad costly penalies/sacks and turnovers when they got deep in Belpre territory. VC got out to a quick start and this time put enough together and finished it out. The Vikings have gotten a jump on a few teams this year (Jackson, Wellston) and the defense has held a few teams scoreless almost the entire first half (Bloom Carrol, Athens). Last years game in McArthur was close at halftime before Alexander pulled away for an easy win. This years game will be much of the same if VC makes any mistakes. I look for a close game in the first half, and Alex to pull way...that is as long as Alex doesnt turn the ball over. If Alex makes mistakes and VC wins the turnover battle, i think it could be a very close game. VC will put up a fight for sure. The one thing Alex will see, what no one else has this entire year, is confidence from a Viking team that has finally tasted victory. If there is one thing the Vikings have done well, if not better than any team in the league, is return kicks/punts. VC has had a few returns for TD's and many across the 50..VC does not however have a kicking game...look for special teams to be a factor if its close. Good luck Vikings!!!

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Post by TroopSports »

This game can be heard on Power 105.5-FM WXTQ across Southeast Ohio.

Pre-game coverage begins at 7:15.

You can listen live online for free by clicking here:

mms://132.235.236.177/WXTQ

Thanks!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

98.7 WYRO will also broadcast the game starting at 7:15.

Bob Grillo and Jeff Thacker have the call.

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

GOOD LUCK SPARTANS FINISH OUT STRONG

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Post by FLASH-G »

Dundas wrote:I think VC will make this one closer than some think...Im gonna say if VC can get out early like they have against Jackson, Wellston, and Belpre, they may have a shot at an upset win. One thing they have going for them is confidence!! Good luck Vikings...

Dundas they have won two games in two years where did they pick up this confidence. Only thing I will say is this the boys have never quit V.C. is very proud of all of you.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

FLASH-G wrote:

Dundas they have won two games in two years where did they pick up this confidence. Only thing I will say is this the boys have never quit V.C. is very proud of all of you.

Coming off a win would give any team confidence flash...you cant honestly say that it wouldnt give them any at all. Coming off a win would make anyone feel better about themselves than coming off a 3 or 4 touchdown loss. Theres really no question about it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The trivalleyconference.com web page is updated .... full statistical break down through 8 weeks of TVC gridiron action!

If any stats appear to be off - don't be shy and send me an e-mail ... trivalleyconference@yahoo.com

thx

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Good luck to both Teams & hope for an injury free game for both squads. I am pulling for my Vikings. It was always fun playing our neighbor's to the east. I am glad Alex is doing so good this year. the Viking's will bounce back. Coach Yates gives his all and cares deeply about his players. He will turn things around, just give the man time...Thanks a Old Viking

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

What the heck is going on in VC? I remember when people did not want to play them. Now teams are penciling in a win on their schedules beside VC. What the ...?

Just my thoughts guys! :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”