Valley 21 - West 17

black76
JV Team

Re: Valley 21 - West 17

Post by black76 »

buckeye83 wrote:who said nobody wants the head job at West? i dont remember interest in the job being an issue when we were looking for a coach

Missing the point but that doesn't surprise me.

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

so what was your point black76? you said "no wonder nobody wants to stay in the job at West" are we expecting too much from our coach just because we want to him to put the team in the best possible position to win?

educate me black76...what was your point? we should all volunteer to carry an umbrella ? work the chain gang? work the concession? sell split the pot? What?

how can i volunteer to help our coach do his job of playing the best 11 kids on either side of the ball, cause if you think that is the best 11 your BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Very angry post! I said "no one wants to stay long"..goes for more than one sport..that is the reputationthere as I am sure you well know better than myself as I am not from there. Didn't mean to get you all worked up. Maybe you could apply for the job.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

;-) ;-) Funny.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

siderman wrote:I understand some of the stuff you guys are talking about. But I've seen them walk through on thursdays. It seems pretty detailed to me. A 15 year old or older should know when to go onto the field when the coach yells punt or field goal. We saw burnt timeouts friday on both. Players must be held to some sort of responsibility. Those are things you would expect a pee wee kid to be able to do; listen and know when to go in the game. I think that's just another thing that comes with maturity.

No doubt the 2 minute offense needs work.

Ratliff is a smart enough kid to handle about anything they throw at him. I believe the coaches have been trying not to put him in bad spots and bring him around slowly. I would like to see them develop the passing game. Work on the short stuff. Completable balls so the kid gets confidence. But more than anything, we need to develop receivers. Better route running and work on catching the ball with their hands. We need a go to receiver. I think Locher could do this. The freshman Frye, is gonna be a real good one.

Good post.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

[quote="buckeye83"]so what was your point black76? you said "no wonder nobody wants to stay in the job at West" are we expecting too much from our coach just because we want to him to put the team in the best possible position to win?

educate me black76...what was your point? we should all volunteer to carry an umbrella ? work the chain gang? work the concession? sell split the pot? What?

I see that other people see the same as me, it is what it is. Hard to change that aspect of who's playing,
and for what reasons.

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

Everyone keeps saying next year when are you going to realize that if the playcalling doesn't change the results won't either. Just because they are stronger it doesn't make them meaner.I know the j.v. team is good but isn't thier some seniors that get to play and also some sophmore varsity starters.Do you think the j.v. teams you are playing do the same thing.So you can't judge off your j.v. record. One more thing people say the line is young thats why thier having trouble. Think about it having 8,9,10 guys in the box every play knowing that the ball is going towards the west sideline regardless of down and distance.Anyone would have problems blocking thats why are backs have to break tackles every play to gain any yards at all.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

siderman wrote:This is what will happen. West will go out this week and take out some frustration on NW. Next week they will play their behinds off and give the Burg all they want.

Next year their gonna have 7 starters back on offense (loose 2 linemen and 2 backs) and 9 back on defense (loose 1 d-line and 1 secondary) from the team that started friday. Their going to add several really good kids from a great freshman team. They'll all be a year older and be experienced. They'll benefit from another offseason in a great weight and conditioning program. Next year their going to go undefeated and challenge for a regional title. That is what is going to happen. You watch.

rumor is, another back is wanting to finish his senior year out , somewhere else next year?

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

fanatic23 wrote:Everyone keeps saying next year when are you going to realize that if the playcalling doesn't change the results won't either. Just because they are stronger it doesn't make them meaner.I know the j.v. team is good but isn't thier some seniors that get to play and also some sophmore varsity starters.Do you think the j.v. teams you are playing do the same thing.So you can't judge off your j.v. record. One more thing people say the line is young thats why thier having trouble. Think about it having 8,9,10 guys in the box every play knowing that the ball is going towards the west sideline regardless of down and distance.Anyone would have problems blocking thats why are backs have to break tackles every play to gain any yards at all.

I agree, the weight room won't make them meaner...but this team will hit you, they arent afraid of contact...they just don't know what the other teams are doing on offense or defense, but they have gotten much better, and give them another year to mature and by the time that next year rolls around they will remember what Portsmouth did against them defensively, or how minford beat them...this team is an intelligent group, they just arent football smart, but they are getting there...As far as play calling, I believe it will open up next year, Triplett has a very limited offense at times this year because I believe he doesn't feel the kids can run more than what they do now....I agree sometime it gets predictible, but everyone in the county knew what we were to do last year, and West proceded to run down everyone's throat...ask Ironton if you have the horses you can do whatever you want on offense...they have ran off tackle and wedge for 35 years, with the blocking backs cheating up on every play, but they still have success, because of personel...and next year West will have the personel

sportsfan43 wrote:
siderman wrote:This is what will happen. West will go out this week and take out some frustration on NW. Next week they will play their behinds off and give the Burg all they want.

Next year their gonna have 7 starters back on offense (loose 2 linemen and 2 backs) and 9 back on defense (loose 1 d-line and 1 secondary) from the team that started friday. Their going to add several really good kids from a great freshman team. They'll all be a year older and be experienced. They'll benefit from another offseason in a great weight and conditioning program. Next year their going to go undefeated and challenge for a regional title. That is what is going to happen. You watch.

rumor is, another back is wanting to finish his senior year out , somewhere else next year?

Key word in this is rumor, every player on West is committed to West's program, and even if they do lose a running back they have about 4 good ones coming back next year they will be fine

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

sportsfan43 wrote:

I would hate not be the running back next year with the line West has coming up.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

OSU 77 wrote:
sportsfan43 wrote:rumor is, another back is wanting to finish his senior year out , somewhere else next year?

I would hate not be the running back next year with the line West has coming up.

they'll be back. OSU is right, West is gonna have some mules up front next year.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Your JV team looked extremely quick at the skilled positions and the line was blowing folks off the line tonight.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I know alot of the Sider fans had a bad taste in their mouth after the game Friday, but as a Valley fan, even I recognize the talent that you guys got next year and the next 3 so don't feel too bad. Like you guys said, you'll be back.. BUT, I hope that this doesn't become the mean spirited rivalry that it appears it did this year. This is a good game to get fired up about.. A little bad blood can be ok I guess. But I hope it doesn't go past that.. I just hope the kids continue to respect each other.. All in all it was a good exciting game and you guys will get your share....

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The word Loaded is over-used alot with football teams. But West will be LOADED next year.

I never got to see tonights game. What was the score?

pmow3, there are going to be alot of paybacks for this year. It's going to be a whole lot different with talented juniors and seniors compared to sophs and juniors.

I can't speak for the coaching staff or the players, but alot of second hand comments lead me to believe that their is alot of bad taste in their mouth from friday. Several people who I respect truly believe we weren't given a fair shot friday. I don't think we were, and I try to be level headed. I don't know for sure whether the refs were intentially calling the game for Valley or just sucked, but they really made it hard on West IMO. All I know is Valley better come to play next year because West will be severly up for that game.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

You guys do realize that Valley had 7 soph's on the field at one time Friday night? I know West is good, and I know they have young talent... but the cupboard isn't bare in Lucasville. I expect nothing but excellent football games the next 2 to 3 seasons.

Cookie
Freshman Team

Post by Cookie »

Doesn't the SOC use a league assigner?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bo_Diaz wrote:You guys do realize that Valley had 7 soph's on the field at one time Friday night? I know West is good, and I know they have young talent... but the cupboard isn't bare in Lucasville. I expect nothing but excellent football games the next 2 to 3 seasons.

Exactly, Valley is just as young as West..

WestSportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by WestSportsFan »

Congrats to the West JV with I believe a 50-0 win over Valley. The freshman got to see alot of playing time!!!

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

I heard Locher looked good at qb and also shupert looked really good in the secondary.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

chicken_coop wrote:
Bo_Diaz wrote:You guys do realize that Valley had 7 soph's on the field at one time Friday night? I know West is good, and I know they have young talent... but the cupboard isn't bare in Lucasville. I expect nothing but excellent football games the next 2 to 3 seasons.

Exactly, Valley is just as young as West..

At the beginning of this season, looking ahead to 2010, I thought that West and Valley would be 1 and 2 in the league in 2010...and I'll predict it right now...but Valley has an Soc championship to try to win now, and they have a tough road to hoe if they want to do it

Return to “Football”