Trimble @ Federal Hocking

physther
Waterboy

Re: Trimble @ Federal Hocking

Post by physther »

steely,
i think those incendiaries are just going to turn out as smoke bombs for Mr. Tornado but that will have to wait for an extra week... I like my Cats by 18 this week. Keep it rolling guys!

thirtytrap
Freshman Team

Post by thirtytrap »

Trimble by 3 touchdowns

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Post by TroopSports »

This game can be heard on Power 105.5-FM WXTQ all across Southeast Ohio. Caleb Troop and Tom Hodson have the call, with pre-game coverage beginning at 7:15.

To listen live online for free, click the link below.

mms://132.235.236.177/WXTQ

Thanks!

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

Federal Hocking is a different team with 3 year, 2 way starter (FB/LB) Lamar Wilder finally back in the line up. One player can make a huge difference at this level. Had Lamar been eligible, I believe the Lancers are 4-3 right now with wins over Fort Frye, Shenandoah and Southern.

The key to a Lancer win will be decided in the trenches. If the D can meet Dyla at the line of scrimage or in the backfield, they have a chance. If the DB's are tackling him, it going be a long night. 

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

It will be a long night for the lancer D. The lancers will have to score 30 to win this game. When was the last time F.H. scored 30 on trimble?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Maybe having 9 teams is going to be good for the Hocking Division. The Hocking always seems to be down overall as a division in football. Trimble has dominated their first two league games and could very well dominate the last three, yet Trimble only went 1-4 in non-league play. I know the NY and Alex games were very close contests, but still, this raises all sorts of red flags that Trimble can very convincingly dominate the other Hocking schools, yet struggle (or at least not dominate) teams outside of the Hocking. Ironically, the one non-league win for Trimble was Belpre, who will be a Hocking school next year.

Belpre in most years will be a solid contender for a Hocking title, as will Wahama. It's yet to be seen what sort of impact South Gallia will have. At any rate, if any Hocking schools can go undefeated in the Hocking starting next year, it should pretty much guarantee a playoff spot in the Division 6 playoffs or maybe even the Division 5 playoffs for Federal Hocking and Belpre, although next year will probably be the last year those two schools are Division 5 teams.

In most years, Waterford is a solid team and Federal Hocking has shown recent success in the Hocking. Eastern has had a few good teams here and there. Southern and Miller have been down in most years, but I think Miller did win the Hocking one year.

At any rate, I hope having 9 schools in the Hocking will somehow improve the overall quality of football at all schools in the Hocking and create for some exciting league championship games in the future and opportunities for one or more schools to make the playoffs each season.

Purple Tornado
Riding the Bench

Post by Purple Tornado »

The Hocking usually puts as many teams in the playoffs as the Ohio does. This year, even with only Southern having a chance to get in, will be no different in the end just wait and see.

As for this game, what 3 things will Trimble and Fed Hocker have in common at the end of the season? 1. they will both have losing records (when's the last time that happened?) 2. they will both have lost to Southern (when's the last time that happened) 3. they will both be able to go watch Soutern in the playoffs. :lol:

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

southern beating trimble after losing to miller
what are you smoking?
put down the crack pipe.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Purple Tornado wrote: 3. they will both be able to go watch Soutern in the playoffs. :lol:

If that happens, congratulations! You will become the first team to have ever lost to Miller and still made the playoffs!

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

i can see southern beating waterford and eastern but trimble will be likely impossible...game might be closer than normal but no W for the does

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

I do believe that FH has the ability to defeat Trimble. Have no doubt, this will be a tough one. But having Wilder back is a huge game changer. Good luck lancers.

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

I think this is the only team that can beat the Tomcats in the Hocking. If Federal can hold on to the ball & run block like they did last week this game is going to be closer than most think.

I'm going with the upset.
Fed-27
Trimble-18

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

whompascat wrote:southern beating trimble after losing to miller
what are you smoking?
put down the crack pipe.

A crack pipe in Meigs county is like Soccer in Trimble. What are you thinking Whomp? That would be like going to the store to get eggs when you have a coop full of chickens.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

The only chance f.h. has is if the field is horrible. Trimble is to fast for the lancers

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Watched both teams play and not a lot of difference.F.H. probably throws the ball a little better.

caremel
Waterboy

Post by caremel »

i think trimble can win this game!!!! they have a good back field the kieth boy is good and the dyla kid is good and they have a young talented quarterback i cna really see the lancers out running or as in good as shape as the tomcats! good luck cats

JumboT
Waterboy

Post by JumboT »

Coach Phil will have the cats ready to destroy the lancers. They will fall big again this week. The cats win this one by 3 touchdowns and only because the Fed scores two late TD's against the frosh. The only chance FH has in the future TVC Hocking is to bring back the Duck.

JumboT
Waterboy

Post by JumboT »

Is it true that the Duck is coaching girls basketball at Trimble?

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

If Duck is so good why isn't he coaching at Trimble?? You all sing his praises but don't believe your own preaching...

Good Luck LANCERS!!

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

Lancer_Fan wrote:If Duck is so good why isn't he coaching at Trimble?? You all sing his praises but don't believe your own preaching...

Good Luck LANCERS!!

Ahh..............another so called fan...................... who doesn't have.......a clue. :roll:

Return to “Football”