SOC2 Wheelersburg (4-2) @ Northwest (2-4)

mattash
Site Admin

SOC2 Wheelersburg (4-2) @ Northwest (2-4)

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Re: SOC2 Wheelersburg (4-2) @ Northwest (2-4)

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

There is no "good time" to play the Pirates, especially after a heart breaking loss like last night at Minford. Nothing comes easy in this life young Mohawks. Play and learn, use this game to get ready for the next game. This is a tough conference. Learn from your adversary. They did not become great programs over night. These next three teams are well coached and will be ready. Do not be discouraged by the outcome, let these next three games prepare you for week ten at Waverly. Week ten will be your chance to get out of last place in the conference. This is your mission for 2009. It is attainable. You can not aspire to win the conference one year until you first find a way to get out of the basement. You were close last year, let's make it happen this year. Good Luck Friday night. GO MOHAWKS!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i agree. i would not want to be northwest next friday night. the only thing the burg can do now is try to win out and then get ready for b-ball because they defiantly won't see week 11 after the loss to minford. even at 8-2 they are not gettin enough 2nd level points to make the playoffs

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

Wheelersburg is down this year could be closer than most people think

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Relax, you got outplayed, you are a good team, Minford was just better. Burg goes 8-2 and will end up on the road in the playoffs. Relax burgites.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fanatic23 wrote:Wheelersburg is down this year could be closer than most people think

What?

They were the best thing since sliced bread this past Friday morning! People talking about their week 12 and 13 matchups!
They were the most athletic and fastest team by far in the Soc II and would beat EVERY TEAM IN THE CONFERENCE BY AT LEAST 3TD'S!

WOW. People must bail off the bandwagon fast....

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

I NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILLBE ON THE BURG BANDWAGON

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fanatic23 wrote:I NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILLBE ON THE BURG BANDWAGON

For some reason I was thinking you were a Burg fan

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Alta,What you're saying could have been said and repeated for the last twenty plus years or so.What makes this any different? And you keep saying "Young Mohawks" you've had more mature Mohawks play the same way...Prediction: Burg by a lot... No need for this sensless slaughter, but a las it must go on...

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg needs to use this game to work out some kinks in their offense. They need to not worry about trying to beat NW 54-0 by running the ball the whole time. Work on the passing game this week.

Would love to see some plays from the past used. A screen maybe or the quick pass to the WR at the line. I lost count on how many college teams used that quick pass to the WR and it went for positive yards everytime. Burg used it quite a bit a few years ago, now it is not even in the playbook???? Makes no sense to me

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Da Burg

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Slim Jim wrote:Alta,What you're saying could have been said and repeated for the last twenty plus years or so.What makes this any different? And you keep saying "Young Mohawks" you've had more mature Mohawks play the same way...Prediction: Burg by a lot... No need for this sensless slaughter, but a las it must go on...

Northwest beat Minford at Minford in 2005 and didn't finish in the basement. Also, should have beaten Waverly that year also. Screen pass with 1 minute to go beat them 12-8.

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

Burg has hangover, Still having a hard time realizing their poop stinks and aren't better than everyone else. I like Northwest in the upset.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

WestFan27 wrote:Burg has hangover, Still having a hard time realizing their poop stinks and aren't better than everyone else. I like Northwest in the upset.

are you serious? this game will not even be close

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

fanatic23 wrote:Wheelersburg is down this year could be closer than most people think

I don't know how you can say The Burg is down this year. Yes, they have younger line this year,but their backs have plenty of experience. And they have one of the fastest teams in The Burg's history. I don't think, for a minute, that you can count them out of the SOC II or the Playoff race. Some people are jumping off their ban-wagon, too early. They are a good team, and you will see it this weekend. They will come out and make an example out of Northwest this weekend.

The Burg 56
Northwest 14

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

hopefully burg works on there passing game this week and wont beat us real bad running it down our throats. still i dont see it being close.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Minford fans watch what you ask for there may be a rematch coming down the road.lol
Sorry Mohawks but the Pirates will not be looking past this game now. It could be real ugly.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Burg gets back to work and irons out a few kinks this week. Northwest is improving, but rome wasn't built in a day and nw won't win the SOC overnight either. Burg by as much as they want.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Don't get me wrong...I think burg will this game...by a lot, and I still think Burg is a very good team...and I still think they are a playoff team, but if I were Northwest's coaching staff I would go all in, put all of those big boys on the line and run wedge...see they can go foot to foot and push burg around and hold on to the ball...Burg wasn't expecting to lose that game, and their is a chance they won't make the playoffs even if they do win out, so if Northwest wants a chance at Burg team that could be hungover, this is their shot. Now I have never seen a hungover burg team, and I doubt they will be...

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Sorry but this Burg team is not down this year. They return almost the entire starting offense and defense. I still think this team is trying to find an identity for themselves. If they find it and it better be soon... Look out.

Return to “Football”