SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

SPAMONY
Varsity

Re: SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Post by SPAMONY »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Some stats from the radio.

West
Pendleton 62 yards rushing
Murphy 57 yards rushing.

That's all I could catch.

Thats about ALL there was!!!!

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

Congrats to Minford they just flat whipped our butts tonight. Very good team. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

By the way Pendleton didn't have a chance, every time he touched there was 3 guys in the backfield.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

I wonder if the people on here posting idiotic predictions on this game will come eat thier CROW ...or in this case FALCON??????

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

I'm proud of these Minford Falcons! After the week they have had, to go to West and play four quarters of great football is very impressive. Three more steps to the GOLD FOOTBALL! :122249

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Great job Minford. COMPLETE DOMINATION tonight. Nice job spreading the ball around on the ground and through the air. As for the defense, they held West to around 160 yards total. What else can you say?

Congrats Minford.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Falcons come up big, again, I think it's time people stop drinking the haterade and give this team some credit they are a very good team. Sounded like west just didn't want any except for that one drive in the third quarter. Falcons control their own destiny for the SOC II Championship now. I had to listen to the game, unfortunately. I say unfortunately only because of a certain radio announcer I'm sure you all can guess who, everything from his pre game comment that the winner of this game would play valley next week (west plays valley next week) counting Minford out a half hour before kickoff. His most exciting time of the night was when west scored in the third, come on man, did someone from Minford do something to you in the past? Just because you get paid to do something doesn't mean your a professional, you are a better person than that. I know it's hard to follow a legend like snuffy, but a little effort goes a long way.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Great game by the Falcons, they totally dominated the line. The O-line, and the D-line, both, were over powering. They blew West off the ball, all night long. #15 was the best back on the field, with speed, and power. He carried the team tonight. Great Job!!
The defense was awesome, they shut West's backs down. #25, #15, #27, and the line were to much for West tonight.

Great play calling by Minford coaches, they really had West on their heels, all night.

Now that I have seen both backs, The Burgs, and West's, I will say that Shank is for sure the best back. But everyone needs to keep Sloan on that list. And he too, is only a Jr.

I will say, I know that West is young, and I know they will be alot better next year. Good Luck to West the rest of the year.

And to all you doubters, that didn't give my Falcons a chance, we will be serving CROW in Minford, and Muletown, all week!!!!!

Go Falcons!!!

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Physical domination by the Falcons....West will be good as Pendelton grows.....too much weight put on this youngs mans shoulders...as shown by the Falcons, you have to have a passing game to unload the box....Falcons control their own destiny, and need to keep hungry as we want playoff wins and to exact revenge on Oak Hill. Remember the Gold Football can be yours as long as you keep your foot on the throat of the other three SOC contenders....dont let up now your only half way there.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:I will take SLOAN over Wests back any day. Shankwiler is by far the best back in southern OHIO

Don't let the West supporters hear you say that. You know Pendleton is the best Scioto county has ever seen. lol

Now I have seen all 3. Shank is the best, Sloan next and then I like Hale from Oak Hill and then Delawder from the Grove.

Wests line got absolutely dominated. I see Burg totally dominating the LOS when they play West. Wests line just too slow and not strong or in good shape.

Minford played good and Oesch threw bulletts to the wr's tonight and they made the plays.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

IRONFALCON wrote:Falcons come up big, again, I think it's time people stop drinking the haterade and give this team some credit they are a very good team. Sounded like west just didn't want any except for that one drive in the third quarter. Falcons control their own destiny for the SOC II Championship now. I had to listen to the game, unfortunately. I say unfortunately only because of a certain radio announcer I'm sure you all can guess who, everything from his pre game comment that the winner of this game would play valley next week (west plays valley next week) counting Minford out a half hour before kickoff. His most exciting time of the night was when west scored in the third, come on man, did someone from Minford do something to you in the past? Just because you get paid to do something doesn't mean your a professional, you are a better person than that. I know it's hard to follow a legend like snuffy, but a little effort goes a long way.

The same announcer gave #8 the defensive hit of the game. What about Minford's #25, he made all kinds of good hits, and great plays, on defense. They also said that there wasn't many big hits in the game, he must of been watching another game. Because the game I saw was the hardest hitting game I've seen all year. And I mean both sides were hitting.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

SSU Grad wrote:That's just for the 1st half New Era. Minford's soft defense will be lucky to keep him under 250.

Guess Minford was just lucky ! :mrgreen:

sidersports
Waterboy

Post by sidersports »

so much for the great weight lifting program for west as minford look to be the strongest....nice game falcons and good luck the rest of the year....pendleton couldnt run tonight because he was hit by 2 to 4 falcons as soon as he got the handoff

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I think the O line deserves a lot of credit !

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

That's two games in a row, Minford proves they have the BEST coaching staff in the SOC II!!!!!!!!

Go Falcons!!!

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

the trophy case wrote:well let's hear your prognostications:
(all things considered)

any way you wanna cut it,
west by 24 points.
in a turnover heavy contest.

stick it in there,
ttc~

Just 45 points off on your prediction. Way to go Falcons

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

salemcat wrote:
the trophy case wrote:well let's hear your prognostications:
(all things considered)

any way you wanna cut it,
west by 24 points.
in a turnover heavy contest.

stick it in there,
ttc~

Just 45 points off on your prediction

Don't forget to come get your CROW!!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

sidersports wrote:so much for the great weight lifting program for west as minford look to be the strongest....nice game falcons and good luck the rest of the year....pendleton couldnt run tonight because he was hit by 2 to 4 falcons as soon as he got the handoff

That is true. Also it is easy to look good against the South Points and Rock Hills. Wests line is young but they have a long way to go. They really got exposed tonight and I see Burg really taking it to West on both sides of the line.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Minford just took control of both lines of scrimmage. Good game by the Falcons. Didnt think they had it in them. Good luck the rest of the season.

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

WOW Minford dominated my siders tonight in every aspect of the game. I for one didn't see this coming you guys have a great team and had a great gameplan. Good luck the rest of the year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fanatic23 wrote:WOW Minford dominated my siders tonight in every aspect of the game. I for one didn't see this coming you guys have a great team and had a great gameplan. Good luck the rest of the year.

Same to West. Young team over there and definitely the team to look out for the next couple years.

For now Minford is 2-0 at the Rock. I think they love that stadium!

Return to “Football”