WK6 (0-5, 0-2) Belpre @ (5-0, 2-0) Nelsonville-York TVC-Ohio

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Total votes: 0

Buckeye_Trenches_07
Waterboy

Re: WK6 (0-5, 0-2) Belpre @ (5-0, 2-0) Nelsonville-York TVC-Ohio

Post by Buckeye_Trenches_07 »

I fought in the trenches for the Boston Army to protect Buckeye Country and I give this win to the Bucks. LOL :-D You like that don't ya

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Wasn't there a kid who quit the team last year after the team's biggest win of the season, because he wasn't getting enough touches? Then he came back, right?

When the honor student over sleeps and misses an exam, the teacher will treat that kid differently than the kid who doesn't take school seriously and also sleeps through an exam. Your life is a resume.

So I'm supposed to be convinced that Dave Boston Jr is putting the TVC Ohio title on the line over favoritism? Boston must know that this could be the difference between a 9-1 or 10-0 season vs. a 8-2 or 7-3 season. Yet, I'm supposed to believe that he is just hosing one kid, and favoring another because of some low rung on the ladder coach? I'm not buying. I don't know all the details, but I do know Boston wants to win.
Last edited by Orestes on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

one more day GO BUCKEYES!!!

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

As noted again, your only looking at one situation and one side. Do you really know the whole complete story? Do you know how MANY TIMES this might of possibly happened? Do you know if there were WARNINGS to start with? I'm sure this decision wasn't made on what just happened this past Friday. This isn't a he said she said event. Its pretty much a cut and dry deal from what I have heard. Coach Boston would not make such a harsh choice without reason. Think about it, he was fired, than rehired so I'm pretty sure he would think his actions through before making this decision. Especially considering Conner's mom works in the same dept as him and his grandmother is on the school board. Common sense no other way to put it!
I'm not saying Conner is not a good kid, I'm guessing he is from I have been told. He must if he was voted team captain by his teammates.
Once again your only spreading false rumors about another situation. Yes he got himself into trouble, but not as you are stating. He paid for his mistake. Spreading false information could land yourself into trouble!
Think before you speak!
Good luck to the Buckeyes and Conner.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYF wrote:As noted again, your only looking at one situation and one side. Do you really know the whole complete story? Do you know how MANY TIMES this might of possibly happened? Do you know if there were WARNINGS to start with? I'm sure this decision wasn't made on what just happened this past Friday. This isn't a he said she said event. Its pretty much a cut and dry deal from what I have heard. Coach Boston would not make such a harsh choice without reason. Think about it, he was fired, than rehired so I'm pretty sure he would think his actions through before making this decision. Especially considering Conner's mom works in the same dept as him and his grandmother is on the school board. Common sense no other way to put it!
I'm not saying Conner is not a good kid, I'm guessing he is from I have been told. He must if he was voted team captain by his teammates.
Once again your only spreading false rumors about another situation. Yes he got himself into trouble, but not as you are stating. He paid for his mistake. Spreading false information could land yourself into trouble!
Think before you speak!
Good luck to the Buckeyes and Conner.

Let it go!! It is between The kid his parents and the coaching staff! The only thing that happens when you talk about this kind of stuff on here is rumers get started and nasty things get said!

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

Understand!
Let's go Bucks, don't look past Belpre. One game at a time!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

LETS GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go out and play hard! We need the momentum to help carry us into next week!!!

This game has a little revenge factor in it because the last time Belpre came up here to Boston Field they left with a victory and a league title!!!!

NOT THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!
NOT IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ville is out for the kill!!!! (Thats for you Mr. B!!!) :122245 :122245

Good luck to both teams!!!!!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ive been reading this thread from the beginning and my advice to everyone is to use the personal message feature SEOPS has to offer if you wanna discuss Conner Bunting's situation ... Why use a public board to talk about a 17 or 18 year old kid?

I know Conner, I always enjoy speaking to his dad at games or events - and I also like Dave Boston Jr. and speak with him often ... Although I have not spoke with them about this awfull situation, im pretty sure that, since there all very good people, they don't want their differences splashed across a public chat room. I was their Friday in Pomeroy, I was right outside the NY locker room after the game, and it's really sad that a great football program like Nelsonville-York has to deal with an 'internal' problem during an undefeated season ... But it is 'INTERNAL' and if its to be made a 'water cooler' topic then keep it to 'personal messages' or E-mails for now on ... its over, you guys have Belpre to worry about and then have even bigger obstacles like Athens and Alexander to focus on ... let the insiders to the football program figure out what's best for them and most importantly for you Buckeye fans on SEOPS - don't make enemies with each other - there is nothing worse for a fan base than to be divided.

fat tony
Waterboy

Post by fat tony »

let what go?this site is to talk football.i am.conner never blew up before this.punishment needed yes what he got no no no.NYF U GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME MESSAGE ME.OR STOP AT THE TAIL GATE ON SCHOOL GROUNDS.I WILL BE WHEREING THE WE WANT CONNER BACK SHIRT.I WONT BE HARD TO FIND

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

fat tony wrote:let what go?this site is to talk football.i am.conner never blew up before this.punishment needed yes what he got no no no.NYF U GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME MESSAGE ME.OR STOP AT THE TAIL GATE ON SCHOOL GROUNDS.I WILL BE WHEREING THE WE WANT CONNER BACK SHIRT.I WONT BE HARD TO FIND

You shouldn't be airing someone elses laundry on SEOPS. This had nothing to do with you. We are fans. Let him his parents the coaching staff and if need be the school admin. take care of it!

fat tony
Waterboy

Post by fat tony »

obgyn u can come find me to.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Some people need to grow up!!!!!!!!!!

fat tony
Waterboy

Post by fat tony »

as far as conner replacement.you have to go with a stud.if not that side will be picked on alot.arnold-cunningham.todd dennis.u want to fill that spot with the same talent

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fat toney ... Got it man, you don't like the decision ... that's cool ... Im sure Mr. Brunting appreciates the support.

Back-to-football

In terms of Conners replacement - I'm not really sure about defense, it seems NY always has good depth on the roster with kids who can tackle.

It's the offense im worried about. Nelsonville-York is 6th in the TVC-Ohio in team passing. Their next to last in the league throwing the ball but Conner Bunting was 5th overall in recieving. That really spells out only one thing, you have a team near last place in passing but one individual at the top of the leaderboard in recieving ... That person must be the only player who has really caught any balls, right? He had 15 catches for 210 yards ... Nelsonville-York has only thrown for 353 yards and Dean has only completed 27 passes on 56 attempts. Bunting caught over half the balls and gained almost 60% of the Bucks recieving yards ... that is the big loss IMO ... If Nelsonville-York is to beat Ironton or even Athens, they are going ot have to throw at least a little bit ... You can't expect Derek to run through 8-man fronts, he's awesome and I love his game but that's just asking too much of the kid.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

TRUE VERY TRUE { THATS WHY NY FANS ARE UPSET.}I seen alot of what happened and know for a FACT that its been BLOWN OUT OF CONTROL.

bucksfan08
Freshman Team

Post by bucksfan08 »

Fat Tony, it is time to grow up, or are you still in HS? If not, you're glory days are over and its time to let these kids play on fridays. With or without Conner this team will be fine. As well as you saying you have spoke to and know the kid, once again you want to call others out on being one sided with the story, well so are you. This is a topic for the football game, not Conner. PM's are just as effective.

As for the game, I can see the buckeyes getting a nice lead and working on their pass game, they're gonna need it in the weeks to come.

GO BUCKS!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

You know It been A struggle to be a BUCKEYE and keep a cool head.AS ADULTS WE NEED TO STAND STRONG TOGHTERSomethings in life is worth fighting over this one NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT A LITTLE HARDER.Before NY fans pass judgement.

Mo Rohn
Waterboy

Post by Mo Rohn »

fat tony wrote:NYF.i have been around conner every year.my son plays sports with him.iv spoken to him thank you.and iv spoken to the teamate involveds father.when ur all jacked up statements get construded.u hear parts not all of them.and as a coach you never have the right to cuss or grab a player in the manner.if a player gets the boot for this then a playrer who drinks at a party where a felony happed should get the boot to.even if there a coaches little brother.I AND MY FRIENDS WANT CONNER BACK ON THE TEAM.this week he should sit,im not saying he shouldnt be disciplend.this week should sit then back to work next week.

iv got agree with you.us just smart each other

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I heard a rumor in nelsonville that ny was haveing a dump truck load of black powder shipped in for friday night for the cannon :lol:

Buckeye_Trenches_07
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye_Trenches_07 »

Ok I understand all the hype about conner... Sure the Buckeyes lost a good ball player but this is a team. All this talk isn't goin over too well with the other players. Seems like yall are losing faith in the team because of loosing Conner. He wasnt the only good hands on the team. Infact I believe in yards per catch he is 2nd. Jay Stump averages 16 on three catches conner averaged 14 on 15 catches. Also dont count out Kline and Young who are both steppin up as underclassmen. Cunningham out of the backfield has soft hands too.... Just my thoughts

Return to “Football”