WK6 (0-5, 0-2) Belpre @ (5-0, 2-0) Nelsonville-York TVC-Ohio

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Total votes: 0

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: WK6 (0-5, 0-2) Belpre @ (5-0, 2-0) Nelsonville-York TVC-Ohio

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Orange and Brown wrote:This is what I think is going to happen!!!!
I have talked to one or two people from different schools and this is what I think will happen within the next 3 years!

Basicly the TVC as we know/knew it is gone! The Hocking will add until they get 10 teams and split into 2 divisions, (they will add more if they can get them) At that point you would have 2 5 team divisions. you would play your four division games and then play 2 teams from the other division rotating every other year.

There will be a big seperation between the Ohio and the Hocking. I don't see the TVC Ohio and Hocking just splitting away from each other, but there will be more of a feeling that each is it's own league.

I would expect to see the Ohio expand some more to but not as fast as the Hocking.

I think we will see Wellston become the 10th school in this scenerio, and then split the Hocking into two five team divisions. Wellston will be very near Division 6 numbers in a few years, as the 7th grade at Wellston only has 40 boys, and elementary school numbers are also low at Wellston.

If Wellston left, at least one school would need to replace Wellston in the Ohio (ie.......Warren or River Valley). Or, a few schools could be added to the Ohio, depending on what the schools wanted.

Spliting the Hocking into two divisions..............I wonder if this will be done geographically since all schools will be virtually the same size?

North - Miller, Trimble, Federal Hocking, Waterford, Belpre
South - Southern, Eastern, South Gallia, Wahama, (maybe Wellston if they do fall to Division 6 as enrollment numbers in lower grades indicate they are moving in that direction quickly). It will only be a few short years before Wellston's grade 9-11 head count will only be around 120-130 boys.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I wonder how they would do division champions in the Hocking if it did split into two "sub-divisions"???

WTIGER 80
Freshman Team

Post by WTIGER 80 »

Ismell a blowout NY 52-0

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I wonder how they would do division champions in the Hocking if it did split into two "sub-divisions"???

I think it would be like it is now with the Ohio and Hocking divisions.

You would have a north Champion and a south champion (or whatever they would call the divisions)

I can see the same thing happening in the Ohio to, but I think it will take a while longer!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

WTIGER 80 wrote:Ismell a blowout NY 52-0

Coach Boston wouldn't put that many points on the board. He isn't the kind of coach who will kick a team when they are down.

WTIGER 80
Freshman Team

Post by WTIGER 80 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
WTIGER 80 wrote:Ismell a blowout NY 52-0

Coach Boston wouldn't put that many points on the board. He isn't the kind of coach who will kick a team when they are down.

Just a thought.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

jv can score to ya know it could be a blowout

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:I wonder how they would do division champions in the Hocking if it did split into two "sub-divisions"???

You would have a north Champion and a south champion (or whatever they would call the divisions)

I can see the same thing happening in the Ohio to, but I think it will take a while longer!

So if they had two champions, would the cross over games be non-league games as would be the case now with Ohio vs. Hocking teams? I would guess they would have to be non-league if you did in fact have seperate champions.

What if one Hocking school had to play Trimble and another didn't and they were in the same sub-division? That would have to count as a non-league game to be fair when crowning a division champion. If there was only one division champion in the Hocking, this would not be a problem.......but a problem would exist in which you could potentially have two undefeated teams in division play as co-champions.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Maybe they can leave week 10 as a crossover league champions game.Figure in the crossover game before the season starts.SOMEHOW.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:

So if they had two champions, would the cross over games be non-league games as would be the case now with Ohio vs. Hocking teams? I would guess they would have to be non-league if you did in fact have seperate champions.

What if one Hocking school had to play Trimble and another didn't and they were in the same sub-division? That would have to count as a non-league game to be fair when crowning a division champion. If there was only one division champion in the Hocking, this would not be a problem.......but a problem would exist in which you could potentially have two undefeated teams in division play as co-champions.

Yea I thought about that and you are right the cross games would almost have to be no-league. If the Hocking can get 12 teams then things would be much easier.

No matter how you feel about it, I think we are about to see lots of changes in the TVC!!!!!!!!!
Whatever happens weather I like it or not, I hope it works and whatever does happen I hope it makes the TVC stronger and better.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NY BUCKS wrote:Maybe they can leave week 10 as a crossover league champions game.Figure in the crossover game before the season starts.SOMEHOW.

You could infact do that. The state says that you can set aside week 10 for a champoinship game. The problem you run into is that if you have already played that team you will not get any more points for playing them a 2nd time.

The SEOAL did something like that in Basketball. "The Day of champions" It didn't work out the way they had hoped.

There are also a ton of scheduling nightmares waiting to happen, but hey you never know!!
The TVC has kept us in the dark this long!! :lol:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
NY BUCKS wrote:Maybe they can leave week 10 as a crossover league champions game.Figure in the crossover game before the season starts.SOMEHOW.

You could infact do that. The state says that you can set aside week 10 for a champoinship game. The problem you run into is that if you have already played that team you will not get any more points for playing them a 2nd time.

The SEOAL did something like that in Basketball. "The Day of champions" It didn't work out the way they had hoped.

There are also a ton of scheduling nightmares waiting to happen, but hey you never know!!
The TVC has kept us in the dark this long!! :lol:

And what if you have a tie within one of the divisions? That would create a scheduling nightmare for a championship game! I just don't think this option would be possible.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Maybe they can leave week 10 as a crossover league champions game.Figure in the crossover game before the season starts.SOMEHOW.
The way things are in OHIO, this cannot happen. You need to have a schedule set before the season starts!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

We were talking about the hocking spliting into two divisions.How do you crown a champion.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

nybucks70-80 wrote:
The way things are in OHIO, this cannot happen. You need to have a schedule set before the season starts!

The state says that you can leave week 10 open so that you could hold some sort of league championship game, BUTIf you have already played that team, niether team would recieve any more points! In other words it would be like playing a 9 game season!!

I think that this is not a good thing to do because of playoff possability's, and scheduling nightmares!!!

bucksfan08
Freshman Team

Post by bucksfan08 »

Back to the game. GO BUCKS!!!

fat tony
Waterboy

Post by fat tony »

NYF.i have been around conner every year.my son plays sports with him.iv spoken to him thank you.and iv spoken to the teamate involveds father.when ur all jacked up statements get construded.u hear parts not all of them.and as a coach you never have the right to cuss or grab a player in the manner.if a player gets the boot for this then a playrer who drinks at a party where a felony happed should get the boot to.even if there a coaches little brother.I AND MY FRIENDS WANT CONNER BACK ON THE TEAM.this week he should sit,im not saying he shouldnt be disciplend.this week should sit then back to work next week.

nybucks01
Waterboy

Post by nybucks01 »

who do you think will be replacing bunting at that TE spot?

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

If you want to talk about a young mans football skills this is the place for it, to debate the morality or motives behind an already delicate situation please go somewhere else and do it.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

john wine or dexter will take his spot or youngblood or covert their the other TE they got. could be any of them
Last edited by buckeyeguy on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Football”