WK6 Minford 16 Wheelersburg 15 SOC II

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WK6 Minford 16 Wheelersburg 15 SOC II

Post by Bleeding Red »

BUSHY TAIL BUTCHER-

I agree that Tyler Gaines played a whale of a game. I also think that Ethan Butcher stepped up nicely tonight and played exceptional pass coverage on Burg's receivers all night. It looked like Burg was throwing at him thinking he couldnt cover but I dont think they completed one pass on him.

Oesch ran the ball well as did Sloan. Sloan ran really hard the second half and refused to go down just like he did against Coal Grove. The entire team really stepped up when they had to and I cant express how proud I am to see these seniors pick up this win.

I think that even if Burg wins out they will be straddling the fence to make the playoffs by looking at some of the remaining schedules of some of the teams left that are already in the top 8 in computer points.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:I don't unerstand it, why they didn't kick the extra point? Which I'm glad they didn't. But with their weapons, they would have had the advantage in overtime. They would be very hard to stop, from only 25 yards out.

Great Job Falcons!!!!!

A lot of people in Wheelersburg are asking that same question. I guess maybe they figured they had the Falcons back on their heals after just driving the ball 80 yards for a score, but why try to run it straight up the middle when the Falcons had all 11 players right there? Why not try to bounce it outside and utilize that speed?

fbnut
SEOP

Re: WK6 (4-1) Wheelersburg @ (4-1) Minford SOC2

Post by fbnut »

Bleeding Red wrote:First I want to say that I so proud of the Minford kids. These seniors have played Burg tough 4 times but came up short. Tonight they got redemtpion against a very good football team. Very evenly matched teams faced off and the kids from Minford were just tougher, more physical and Burg just couldnt stop Minford's running game and Minford's defense stepped up huge.

Out coached? Probably.

Out played? Definitely.

I know that most Burg fans will be gracious, but for those who put Minford down all week......well all I can say is I feel pretty good right now as does the rest of Minford nation.

Good luck the rest of the way for the Pirates.

Out coached, out played pretty much says it all.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats to the Falcons on the win. You guys deserved and you definetley came out in the 2nd half ready to play.

My 2 cents on the 2 point conversion is that i think it was smart play, just the wrong call. If they fake the ball up the middle to Schank, Lang more than likely walks in untouched around either end. I think Minford had 9 guys in the box and almost knew what was coming. Burg had to go for two because IMO, they were out of gas. That's what happens when you only play 2 qtrs a game for the majority of the season.

Also, once again, the pass, especially the deep pass was there all night. Should have used those blowout games the last 4 weeks to work on the passing game.

Burg has another game next week that they can take advantage of and work on some things and then they get into gut check time. Those last three games will tell alot about this team. With the way West manhandled Waverly tonight, that looks to be a dandy next week when they play minford.

Good luck to the Falcons the rest of the season. Would be nice to see a rematch.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

a rematch would be a dandy game. But this really puts Burg on the ropes as there are alot of top 8 teams with schedules to win out. Minford will have another big game next week. If they play each snap like they did tonight they should be in good shape as will Burg.

Its like dejavu from last year with the shoe on the other foot. West and Valley will be big games for both teams.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Congrats to the Falcons on the win. You guys deserved and you definetley came out in the 2nd half ready to play.

My 2 cents on the 2 point conversion is that i think it was smart play, just the wrong call. If they fake the ball up the middle to Schank, Lang more than likely walks in untouched around either end. I think Minford had 9 guys in the box and almost knew what was coming. Burg had to go for two because IMO, they were out of gas. That's what happens when you only play 2 qtrs a game for the majority of the season.

Also, once again, the pass, especially the deep pass was there all night. Should have used those blowout games the last 4 weeks to work on the passing game.

Burg has another game next week that they can take advantage of and work on some things and then they get into gut check time. Those last three games will tell alot about this team. With the way West manhandled Waverly tonight, that looks to be a dandy next week when they play minford.

Good luck to the Falcons the rest of the season. Would be nice to see a rematch.

If the burg doesn't find some backers pendelton will run all over the burg and they won't have to worry about the playoffs.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Huge win for the Falcons tonight, they finally silenced some doubters I think. Burg just came up short when it counted most. Minford came out in the second half and simply would not accept anything but a victory. The seniors on the team really stepped up after last week and took care of business. Falcons need to enjoy the win this week and come back ready to get back to work again on monday. Officials did look lost at times but at least didn't sway the game one wway or another. It was good to finally see the Minford fans get into a game and make it hard on the visiting team. One of the best games I've ever seen in high school by far.

FieldysDream
Waterboy

Post by FieldysDream »

great job on the win tonight minford!!! comin in as a underdog in this battle, minford showed some heart... as for the some ppl that said it was goin to be a blowout.. well it wasnt, i didnt post anything cause honestly this game would come down who wanted it the most and minford came out on top!!! I dont think there is a power house team anymore in the soc11??? i guess thats my own opinion... i thought burg would go for a p.a.t. to tie the game up!! seems like the burg coaches was juss to greedy it seems like?? good luck to both teams.. they are both playoff bound teams for sure!!!! that juss my opinion everyones got one¿

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

first things firsts.. Congrats Minford on a HUGE WIN. I'm not gonna say anything about domination because a 16-15 game(whoever wins) shows there was no complete domination.

I think that both teams matched up pretty well --- player wise

If Burg would have scored that 2pt conversion, you burg posters would be rolling out a red carpet for him. and when that play is averaging at least 5-7 ypc why not go with it? Goin into OT may have changed the momentum enough to carry Burg to a W. I guess thats why we play the games.

I'm going to definately agree with the posters who say Burg got outcoached tonight.

Let's not blow this out of proportion. Minford is 5-1, Burg is 4-2. Two very very good football teams in whats shaping up to be a very good SOCII.. Both teams still have a tough road ahead of them, but let's be glad this one is over and with no major injuries to either side! Great Game to both teams. Proud of the Falcons(from an alumnus). GO MINFORD & SOCII ---->when you're not playing minford :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

So much for that blowout. :122245 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :122245

Mikenmike
JV Team

Re: WK6 (4-1) Wheelersburg @ (4-1) Minford SOC2

Post by Mikenmike »

FrozenFish wrote:Lang may not be the best QB on this team, but you have to use your players to their strength. I think Shank is the best option at RB, and on a running team that's where you want your best player. As far as passing goes I agree they need to start passing more now. No mercy on the SOC teams, the starters need to play full games regardless of the score. There's no rule that says you have to take it easy on an opponent like Burg did with Portsmouth this year. If the team can't compete it's not your fault. Keep the starters in and get them ready for a playoff game. It doesn't matter if Burg runs up the score, they are already hated anyway so it wouldn't change a thing.

Score if Burg has Swine Flu
BURG 28
MINFORD 0

Score if Burg is healthy and plays starters the whole game
BURG 76
MINFORD 1 (Burg kicks an extra point through the wrong goal)

Good thing you dont get paid to predict :122245 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :122245

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Wow sounded like a great game! Congrats falcons

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Congrats Minford!!!! I have heard so much trash talking about how burg would dominate Minford that you could choke on the arrogance or ignorance. I am assuming not everybody watched last years games. Both teams really needed this win. Burg hasn't had as good a year as everybody thinks. The only two teams they have played was Ironton and VASJ, Ironton beat them up and VASJ is a smaller school than burg. Yes everybody wants to talk about Minford playing RV and HR,but aside from burgs 2 big games who have they played....lets see....Rock Hill? Two teams Minford played already I believe were ahead of the mighty burg in the computer points. So burg you may want to start praying that you survive this year and maybe you can still make the playoffs. Go Falcons!!!!

Tremonti1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tremonti1 »

FieldysDream wrote:great job on the win tonight minford!!! comin in as a underdog in this battle, minford showed some heart... as for the some ppl that said it was goin to be a blowout.. well it wasnt, i didnt post anything cause honestly this game would come down who wanted it the most and minford came out on top!!! I dont think there is a power house team anymore in the soc11??? i guess thats my own opinion... i thought burg would go for a p.a.t. to tie the game up!! seems like the burg coaches was juss to greedy it seems like?? good luck to both teams.. they are both playoff bound teams for sure!!!! that juss my opinion everyones got one¿

Couldn't agree more.

Of course, to all burg fans, despite the bad play calls I am glad to see they let #22 run the ball more. I've been to two burg games this year, Portsmouth and VASJ, and it was Shank, Shank, Shank, Lang, Lang and then more Shank. I always thought Craigmiles should get the ball a little bit more than what he does. It just so happened to be last nite when he did. IMO it wasn't the reason burg lost either. And I think some of the burg fans would agree with me.

As for the game, It did come down to who wanted it more and down to the last second. I'd say everybody got their 5 bucks worth.

Falconland when it was time to OVERCOME, we did. "We Rose From The Ashes and Grabbed Glory" 8) :lol:

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Congrats to the Falcons on the win. You guys deserved and you definetley came out in the 2nd half ready to play.

In What Games, Did Burg Starters Only Play 2 qtrs?
:?:

roy
Waterboy

Post by roy »

If the burg get the 2 points and wins the game everyone would be praising the coaching insted of criticizing the coaching.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

roy wrote:If the burg get the 2 points and wins the game everyone would be praising the coaching insted of criticizing the coaching.

I don't agree with you. If I were a Burg fan, I would wonder why you even throw a pass in the game, let alone with two minutes to go in the first half, with the lead. The Burg moved the ball at will, on the ground, in the first half. Thank goodness we stopped them some in the second half. Burg has three great backs, that could break one at anytime.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I remember a few years back, when Clifford went for two at west,and did not get it...he was bashed all over here for it.

bottom line is,they are the coaches,and its their call.

I was on eof them in the stand at west yelling go for 2...so I liked the call, 8) even though we did not make it.

congrats to Minford on a HUGE win,and Burg will be OK, only their second loss, not the end to the season.

seven40
Riding the Bench

Post by seven40 »

Wheelersburg Pirates vs Minford Falcons photos are up @ http://tr.im/AymE

Congratulations to Minford on winning such a hard fought game!

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

Enjoy the weekend, Monday its west week.

Return to “Football”