WK6 Minford 16 Wheelersburg 15 SOC II

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Re: WK6 (4-1) Wheelersburg @ (4-1) Minford SOC2

Post by Bobby Love »

go pirates!
Last edited by Bobby Love on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

sider wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
6x10 wrote:Neutron-What did you say in 2007? We could pass the ball and still lost in the second round of playoffs.We had a QB throw for over 1700 yards.I bet you said we need to run the ball more.Maybe you need tosupport a team at what they do best.We have a old school coach that is run first.and it might just work.If Ironton can do it so can we. So get off the kids backs.

So were even on here in 07 to know? The answer is I think a balnced attack is the way to go, so no you're wrong!
Burg needs to pass! And yes you do work on preparing for the playoffs during regular season!
)
You people kill me! You can't stand it when someone gives a little criticism about your team. Burg is REAL good this year but if a passing game isn't brought in I promise u we'll be seeing another round 2 exit. That's all I'm saying about it now. Cause we could debate this forever. Only time will tell, and it soon will

Burg wouldn't be the first very good team to leave team to leave after the second because of no passing game...I witnessed it last year with my siders...we were like 4-15 with 4 ints last year against ready,too many times we had to pass on 3 and long, we didn't use an effective passing game on first and second down to loosen up the defense, and we had the athletes to do it. Now a lot of it had do with the fact that West's oline came out flat, but its hard to block 11 guys in a box.

Even though that 4 of the 6 state winners last year were option oriented-run teams, they could still pass, you won't win a state title these days by getting in double tight and running just Iso, Power, Off-tackle...you need to mix pass, and possibly a little option in (I know burg does run the midline)...anyway I think this Burg team is really good, good enough to get the regional title game, maybe win it...but I do see them getting out of the second round, with a one-dimensional offense.

And as far as Ironton goes, they haven't had the success that they did earlier in the decade and before in 70's,80's,90's...because of a limited offense (even though they were balanced last year), I understand enrollment has been down, athletes have not been there in an abundance, and they are one of the most storied programs in the state, I like Ironton and usually always root for them, but the Robust T doesn't work the same as it used to as a base offense, and Burg runs that unbalanced Wishbone that doesn't differ too much so you can't use the logic that if Ironton can do it Burg can...

Nice observation sider! I wont say anything more to possibly give away a Burg game plan!! HAHA!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Are there any sights to see Minford on film? Nextv and WTZ dont have a Minford game. West, Burg, and Minford were well played last year. Cant find them now. Have been going by buddy reports on Minford and some others.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

demaniac1 wrote:Are there any sights to see Minford on film? Nextv and WTZ dont have a Minford game. West, Burg, and Minford were well played last year. Cant find them now. Have been going by buddy reports on Minford and some others.

I thought Zone Sports was suppose to have the Minford/Oak Hill game but they haven't posted it yet. NextTV looks like it has really tanked so far this season. I can't get any of the games to play from the 2009 season. The only ones that will play are last years games.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I was just looking on weather.com and it looks like the rain tomorrow will be ending before game time. Although the field may still be quite wet, it doesn't look like it will rain after 6:00. Good for us sitting in the stands!

samiam
Waterboy

Post by samiam »

The MOST important thing for the 'Burg is they cannot take this minford team lightly. If the 'Burg keeps their head in the game they should do okay. We will see.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I reported the post so I hope they will do something about it!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Col. Jessup, "I'm being charged with a crime?" :122246 :122246

Falconmom
Waterboy

Post by Falconmom »

Orange and Brown wrote:
I reported the post so I hope they will do something about it!

I just think it rediculous that people have to be so ignorant with thier comments when most on here are supposed to be adults....all I can say is GROW UP!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

"You can't handle the truth!"
:lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i gotta go with the burg here, they been on a tear since the defeat to ironton.

burggrad_00
Waterboy

Post by burggrad_00 »

bottom line this is going to be a good high school ball game, just like the past 3 have been between BURG/Minford. NO ONE from BURG is saying that BURG is going to "blow out" Minford. They are a great ball team.

I do believe that BURG is to strong for Minford, but we will tell Friday. I have not seen Minford play this year so i cant really say a lot about them.

Good luck to BOTH teams for a injury free game!

We are...The BURG!!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

We Will soon find out!
Tomorrow is the big game!

I'm hearing rain during the daytime and ending afternoonish.
Hopefully its dry enough come game time!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I tried to edit out the material that was offensive. I might have missed something, but hopefully it's all gone. Let's try to stick to talking about the game. Thanks.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

ironman02 wrote:I tried to edit out the material that was offensive. I might have missed something, but hopefully it's all gone. Let's try to stick to talking about the game. Thanks.

Thank you!!!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Yea no kidding it was even keeping me out and you guys know how I like to create or stir up crap! That crap was just not right in here!

Good Game tomorrow hope both team stay healthy!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

if it pours the rain durring the game i will take burg by 3 touchdowns.....without as much rain, burg by 2 touchdowns

Go Bucks!
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks! »

Minford wins this one since most of Burg's players are out with the swine flu. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

SWbaseballFan wrote:if it pours the rain durring the game i will take burg by 3 touchdowns.....without as much rain, burg by 2 touchdowns

I would think minford would prefer the rain.

Return to “Football”