Week 5 Nelsonville-York @ Meigs

Orestes
S

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville-York @ Meigs

Post by Orestes »

91Buckeye wrote:NY's passing game is continuing to get better and looks really good at times but I still think we have to make them stop Derek first. If we can throw it when we want, not when we have to, I like our chances against anybody we play.

Definitely. NY has very good RBs, and they have been using three of them primarily, sometimes four. Of course, Arnold still takes the majority of the carries, as he should. The good thing about the passing game has been hitting defenses when they are loading up to stop the run. NY has been throwing it just enough to make teams second guess themselves.

It doesn't hurt that QB Dean is an extremely confident kid, and that the pass-catching TE Bunting is the most underrated player in the TVC (IMHO).

welfarewillie
Waterboy

Post by welfarewillie »

Have not seen Meigs play but everyone tells me that they have no defense and if this is so, Offense can score at will and still loose. I grew up in Middleport and taught at Meigs in 70's but can't see Meigs having any success against NY.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

welfarewillie wrote:Have not seen Meigs play but everyone tells me that they have no defense and if this is so, Offense can score at will and still loose. I grew up in Middleport and taught at Meigs in 70's but can't see Meigs having any success against NY.

Welfare, I think I know who you are and I too, grew up in Middleport /Pomeroy and now live very far away but NO defense equals a loss, no matter how good your QB or offense is.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

After looking at the results of the first four games and the fact that Meigs has only won 3 times since 1989 and the last being in 1999, I have to think the Bucks take this again.

K92 The Frog
Waterboy

Post by K92 The Frog »

This game will be aired on K92 The Frog with Rick Ash. 92.1fm.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

NY should have no problem with Meigs. Can see this game getting ugly for the Meigs
fans. Meigs has a problem with leadership and again that will be there down fall this
week.

NY----42
Me--- 12

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

could you explain that statement?
not mad or anything just courious about what you mean.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Would be glad to fastech. For what ever reason I don't see the upper classman
leadership that it takes to be a winner. Seems like alot of pointing fingers but no action.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

No fasteach what I really want to say is what needs to be said. COACHING is the problem. Look back over the years if you can't see it your looking through rose colored glasses. Before last year it was 8 years since Meigs beat a team with a wining record. Why?

Meigscountyfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by Meigscountyfootballfan »

Despite the record of 1-3 of Meigs, they are still a good football team capable of winning out. Congrats to Athens. They have an outstanding defense and a good offense. Athens will be hard to beat by any of the remaining TVC teams. That was the best O-line and D-line Meigs has seen.

For Meigs to win this week their defensive secondary must play much better. The Meigs secondary must step up with the loss of Bolin and make more plays. Meigs defense is certainly athletic enough play better than they have. They are either playing too uptight or not concentrating enough. They must improve. The Meigs defensive line has played much better. The D-line actually played a good game stopping the inside rush and applying some pressure on the QB.

Having a Meigs QB that has the ability to throw bullets 40 to 60 yards down field does not mean he should do it every other pass play. The pro's have a hard time making that throw and catch. It also does not mean on a short pass route that the QB should rocket it to the receiver as hard as he can. Touch and finesse make for a much more catchable ball and were expertly displayed by the Athens QB last week as he through for around 350 yards and burnt Meigs. The QB must make a good decision of when to run and when to gun. Any of those who watched that game saw the two contrasting styles and which one was more effective. Meigs is talented enough to do the same.

81dendmhs74, there are many like you that always blame the coach when Meigs loses. Isn't it the players that block, tackle, run, throw and catch? If the players execute those correctly it does not matter what defense is ran or what offensive plays the coach calls the team will be successful. Last year there were very few coaching complaints when Meigs went to the playoffs. Coach Chancey prepares hard for every game, has a class program, and a winning record after his 16 or 17 seasons. He is not perfect but we are in fact lucky to have him.

Meigs plays better at home and will come back with confidence. We are due to put together a complete game against the Buckeyes and give them some payback for the last few years heartbreaking losses. Go Marauders!

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

thanks for the explanation 81. wow!that is a pretty serious indictment.

koondogger you and knowit 2 are pretty much in the same boat as far as i am concerned.

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

I take nothing from meigs for there style in game playing but u have to remember that NY has the ground pound and the air attack working and there defence is there when it has to step it up and dont forget that they picked up coach Dean that means alot....but i will say this going into meigs home field will be tough i believe that GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS HOPE NOONE GETS HURT....NY 28 MEIGS 14

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Going to Meigs hasn't been that hard of a trip since the 2000's..... To be blunt about it NY owns Bob Roberts Field since the year 2000..... But Meigs has played a really tough schedule up to this point and played a very good Coal Grove team close.... Bolin for Meigs being out will hurt the Meigs passing attack.... Meigs has talent I feel to win this football game... I feel this will be closer than most think I'm still think the Buckeyes win by a couple td's
Last edited by pbuck on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Good luck Bucs! (As a Michigan fan..I can never spell Bucks correctly and put Good luck in front of that..I hope you understand! :razz: )

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

koondogger haven't you moved a little north from gloster? like i said on the same level with know it 2 pm him and frozen rope none of you make so little sense you should love each other cause you already love yourselves :lol:

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

meigs defence is suspect at best.They rave been riddled all year.Athens showed what the TVC has to do to beat meigs.NY stays in the UNBEATEN RANKS AND GOES 5-0. :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 GO BUCKEYES!!!!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

HowardCosell wrote:Nelsonville is pretending. They have an unbeaten record against a bunch of nobodies. Meigs has played real teams and been close. This week is redemption for losing a game they should have won last year.

MEIGS 32
Nelsonville 13

That's a pretty bold statement considering Meigs has only been NY three times in the last 20 years.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

HowardCosell wrote:Nelsonville is pretending. They have an unbeaten record against a bunch of nobodies. Meigs has played real teams and been close. This week is redemption for losing a game they should have won last year.

MEIGS 32
Nelsonville 13
I almost bet MEIGS DONT KICK TO ARNOLD EITHER. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

NY BUCKS wrote:meigs defence is suspect at best.They rave been riddled all year.Athens showed what the TVC has to do to beat meigs.NY stays in the UNBEATEN RANKS AND GOES 5-0. :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 GO BUCKEYES!!!!

Precisely why Athens will win the TVC Ohio this year and in many more years to come since they've now passed the "getting their feet wet test" and are ready to take out their D-II size on everyone in the TVC. N-Y is a good team year in and year out in the conference but "the times they are a changin" as Bob Dylan said in a song many years ago. It's okay to thump your chest and win the league but with all the league titles in the last few years N-Y has been pulling an Ohio State by winning the conference but not being able to win a big game in the postseason (i.e. - playoff game, enough said). The same can be said for Logan up the road. In the end:"Great teams win out of conference" and that's how you get accolades and respect from other teams around the state. Nobody else around the state will respect SEO football until a few teams other than Ironton can prove them wrong.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Do you Think Ny will backdown from athens.NY will not backdown from athens or anybody across the line.ALL the Buckeyes can do is keep winningLEAGUE TITLES.WEEK 11-15 WILL TAKE CARE OF ITS SELF. :122249 :122249 :122249

Return to “Football”