Best Team in the ovc?

patsfan03
Waterboy

Best Team in the ovc?

Post by patsfan03 »

Who do you guys think is the best team ovc is?

riverball
JV Team

Re: Best Team in the ovc?

Post by riverball »

Coal Grove

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Coal grove.
But fairlands close behind

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Coal Grove

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

coal grove, no doubt.

purplecrusader41
Waterboy

Post by purplecrusader41 »

fairland and coal grove in a close race but i think fairland prevails in the end.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I think Coal Grove is the most talented team in the Ovc by a good margin, but for some reason even when Fairland is bad and Coal Grove is the far superior team, Coal Grove always has trouble beating Fairland. For example: Last year both teams were pretty evenly matched, fairland won 41-8 , in 2007 Fairland was a 5-5 team, and Coal Grove was game from winning the Ovc outright, the game was a 34-13 loss to lesser a Fairland team, in 2006, 2005, 2004 Fairland was 2-8, 3-7, and 2-8. Coal Grove was 6-4, 6-4, 7-3, and the Hornets only won by 1,2,and 1 one point respectively. I don't know if it has to do with Fairland playing a tougher schedule or what, but Coal Grove always struggles with Fairland. So, even though Coal Grove is the most talented team, I think Fairland takes the Ovc

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

It is because CG usually has BIG TIME trouble handeling the speed of receivers and getting them covered up. Don't see that being a problem this year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I've never seen a Coal Grove/Fairland game in my life, but I would say Coal Grove will struggle with the spread of Fairland. Lucas is a throw back coach. It will take what West did in the second half to their defense for them to beat Fairland. West went to almost a nickel look to cover the slot receiver. Fairland is a very good offensive team with alot of weapons. They have some size up front against the run also, so they may slow CG down a little. I'll take Fairland, and we need the points. :122245

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Not that it means anything, but CG and Fairland played in the previews and CG completely shut down Fairland's offense. Through a half they had no points and don't know the exact total yardage but I know it wasn't much. They didn't struggle with the spread then and haven't thus far with anyone. Who knows though... this game is a while away now.

purplecrusader41
Waterboy

Post by purplecrusader41 »

you never show everything you got in previews. you would be stupid if you did so coal grove will run into some surprises

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

I think the Grove is much better at covering the spread. I am thinking the Grove will win this time. But who knows..this one could go either way.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

One of the problems CG has when they play passing teams is the fact they often play a 5-3 defense. They gave up big yards to the Meigs passing attack and they gave up 159 yards on 11 completions and 3 passing TDs to Valley. They outgained Valley by 150 yards, but it was the passing game of Valley among other things that kept the Indians around.
Also, the past two years, Fairland has loaded up the box and CG has not tried to take advantage of it. This year, they will be able to force the Dragon defense to spread out and respect their athletic ability. So even if Fairland is able to put up a lot of points on the Hornet defense, CG will be able to score.
Coal Grove's offensive line thus far has been leaps and bounds better than it was last year. We'll find out how good they really are when they play Minford this friday, but from what I heard, they pretty much man-handled Fairland's d-line at the previews. Like buckeyeshots said, that might not mean much at all, but it's a confidence-builder.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Hey Fuzz,

What grade is that Boo kid in? :122245

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

cg by far saw them against valley and was impressed.... they will not lose an ovc game i believe

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

TigerMack wrote:Hey Fuzz,

What grade is that Boo kid in? :122245

He's a junior this year.

tl895 wrote:cg by far saw them against valley and was impressed.... they will not lose an ovc game i believe

Think about this, too: that was the worst game CG has played all year and according to the head coach at Valley, this is the best Indian team he's had.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Fairland will still be able to load the box anytime they want bc Bloomfield and fisher can cover anyone cg throws out there one on one if they try to pass the ball, and it will more than likely be a pick if they throw it that way.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

:lol: :roll:

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

what has happened the last few years coal grove has attempted to throw the ball, its either and int or the qb gets sacked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Coal Grove is head and shoulders above the rest of the OVC this year IMO.

I still think that the Fairland game will be a tough game for CG just because it always is ;-)

Return to “Football”