WK4 Minford @ Coal Grove

BULDOG
All Conference

Re: WK4 Minford @ Coal Grove

Post by BULDOG »

Great win for the Falcons. Big statement made last night in a tough atmosphere and being behind most of the game. Showed composure and determination. Also definitely staged themselves for another post season apperance. Big points coming from CG. Must not have a let down next week against a solid Oak Hill squad. Should be a great ball game coming up week #6 against Burg to open conference play.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

yabbadabbadoo,

I was the young man you referred too in the scoreboard side endzone...and I did throw my hands up and leave after listening to those guys refer to Minford as "hilljacks, from a little podunk town". (overheard that guy talking to another guy) and cussing me for rooting for my alma mater. I was there with my wife and nephew and could not believe the disrespect, lack of class, and rudeness out of a group of human beings. I was enjoying a great game and wish I could have seen the last few minutes, unfortunately I didnt feel comforatable with the situation so we left and later heard the outcome of the game through a friend.

To the Minford Fans:

I was at the endzone where the safety call and two point call was made, and we did "NOT" get in on either one. Ray Bryan was hit hard and his knee bounced at about the half yard line, and Dewalder made it out to about the 1 yard line . So the officials did get those calls right.

grovefanfrom94
Riding the Bench

Post by grovefanfrom94 »

As I watched this game early in the fist half I thought Coal Grove was two touchdowns better than Minford. The score was 20-6 and we were on our way to another win. But Minford started passing and got them a quick score before half. My personel opinion on the game is we let the biggest game on our schedule get away from us with conservative play calling, bad special teams, long passes all night long, and not being able to kick a extra point or field goal. I knew that not being able to kick a field goal or extra point would come back to haunt them some day. I think our defensive front played well the second half considering that they were on the field just about the whole second half. Minford was a good football team, but honestly I think Valley might be just a little better I quess we will find out soon. I do not think that the ref's did anything to cost either team to loose the game. Minford shut down the middle running game just like last year, and for some reason we decided not to use a spread offense tonight until it was to late.

Devilhorse
Freshman Team

Post by Devilhorse »

If we can't minford, we got no business in the playoffs. We were totally outcoached.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The inability to stop the big plays is what cost CG the game.

Devilhorse
Freshman Team

Post by Devilhorse »

The inability to move the ball in the 4th also cost CG the game.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I was surprised they didn't give it to Delawder more late in the game.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Devilhorse wrote:If we can't minford, we got no business in the playoffs. We were totally outcoached.

I have to agree with you, the Minford coaching staff really shined. It was really the first time the team, or the coaches, for Minford, had to show what they were made of. And they both came through.

I hope the coaches can come up with a good game plan for Oak Hill, I think the Boys are ready now. It will be a dog fight next Friday. Oak Hill will be licking their lips for this one.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

How many passing yards did Oesch have?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Coal Grove people calling anyone hiljacks???? :lol:

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

fuzzhead wrote:I was surprised they didn't give it to Delawder more late in the game.

I`ll have to agree with you on this ! I would have thought He was their go to man in this situation.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Redman wrote:
I`ll have to agree with you on this ! I would have thought He was their go to man in this situation.

He was in the Meigs game and the Valley game.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Coal Grove is still ahead of Minford in the region.
Coal Grove drops to #5; Minford rises to #6.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/2009region_19.html

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

That's because of CG's second level points... The three teams that Coal Grove has beaten have a combined 6 wins. Minford's four teams that they have now beaten have 3 total wins... all from Coal Grove. lol.

Minford will have their fair share of chances to get some second level points starting this week. Their chance will last all the way until the end of the season! This is where CG will be hurting... Once they start the OVC, all they can really count on will be first level points... that is if they don't deflate and give up.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Coal Grove played a weaker schedule than this in 2007 and came an Eastern/Southern game away from getting in the playoffs.
If CG wins out, they'll be just fine. They might not get as high a seed as Minford, but they'll definitely get in.

RedStormRising
Riding the Bench

Post by RedStormRising »

Devilhorse wrote:If we can't minford, we got no business in the playoffs. We were totally outcoached.

and were out played. Look at the stats. Minford outgained Coal Grove in rushing and passing. Give Minford some credit as they have a good team.

RedStormRising
Riding the Bench

Post by RedStormRising »

MuletownManiac wrote: I was there with my wife and nephew and could not believe the disrespect, lack of class, and rudeness out of a group of human beings.

What do expect from Coal Grove? They are Lawrence County's version of the siders. I don't want to start a big ruckus just leave it at they are just different.

grovefanfrom94 wrote: I think our defensive front played well the second half considering that they were on the field just about the whole second half. Minford was a good football team, but honestly I think Valley might be just a little better I quess we will find out soon.

You gotta be kidding me on. You beat Valley and should have beat them worse and Minford beats you and you think Valley is better? You can always play what if but if Coal Groves first TD on the return doesn't happen Minford wins by 2 scores. Say what you want but there was a huge coverage breakdown on that play so don't make it sound like an all american return. Minford consistently had good returns ALL night not just one lucky time. Coal Grove should go 9-1 and make the playoffs unless they choke against some OVC team.
Last edited by RedStormRising on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

fuzzhead wrote:The inability to stop the big plays is what cost CG the game.

Fuzz I have to stop you there, our inability to kick cost us the game, when an offense only has to go 50 yards or less then they are going to score, we have to have give our defense better field position than that, all in all I will say last night both teams were even, I would have to say if the 2009 versions of these teams met 10 times each would be 5-5

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

It was big plays on special teams that gave Minford their good field position - 25-40 yard kickoff/Punt returns into CG territory. Part of it is because CG has just flat-out not been tackling the past two weeks. The first man to the ball-carrier isn't the one making the tackle.

Return to “Football”