WK4 Minford @ Coal Grove

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Re: WK4 Minford @ Coal Grove

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

This is going to be the game of the week. Both teams are going to be really pushed for the first time this year. The winner will be the team that can stop the run. I don't think either team can beat you through the air! To stop either teams running game will take a guts, who's got the guts. I think it will be a high scoring game, but Minford will come out on top. I think they have to many weapons, and speed. And the defense will be ready.

Minford 36
Coal Grove 28

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

pbuck wrote:Wow big time game this week I feel Minford is a little better than Da Grove but I think this game could go either way... I'll take Minford by 10

could I get the Grove and 10 for a cold case of Bud Lite............... :roll:

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

I'll give you the Grove even for a 6 pack of Goebal. :mrgreen:

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

This is game is very competitive and close every single year, its usually the biggest game between the Ovc and Soc every year, and one of the best. The past 3 years there has been a lot of playoff points involved, and will be no different this year, as both teams will almost for certain be playoff teams. Coming into this year, I looked at this being Coal Grove's best shot at knocking off Minford in sometime, because of the size and strength of the Hornets, but if they play like they did against Valley, I don't see it happening. After seeing a little of both teams this year, I think if both teams play their best its a dead even ball game, it will come down to who commits the least turnover's and who is in better shape, I think Minford has a slight edge in both. I also think you will see Minford open up the offense, and allow Oesch to pass a good amount, and I think he will be the biggest reason Minford wins, hes probably the best quarterback in Soc outside of Roback, and I think he'll show it this game. However, if Coal Grove can stop the buck sweep, and get the trap game going with Delawder it could be long night for Minford. I do think Coal Grove can push Minford around, similar to last year, but if they want to win they will have to punch it in the end zone on the goal line, which is what lost them the game last year. My final prediction: Minford-21 Coal Grove-14

For reference sake heres the scores of the past few years games:
2008- Minford 13 Coal Grove 0
2007- Minford 21 Coal Grove 14
2006- Minford 35 Coal Grove 27

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

BigOrangeOne wrote:I'll give you the Grove even for a 6 pack of Goebal. :mrgreen:

I will take it...........

If they dont have Goebel out in Minford, swing by the brewery at Lawco Lake and pick it up....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
BigOrangeOne wrote:I'll give you the Grove even for a 6 pack of Goebal. :mrgreen:

If they dont have Goebel out in Minford, swing by the brewery at Lawco Lake and pick it up....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

minford is a dry town, so it looks like someone is going on a road trip

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

SWbaseballFan wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:

minford is a dry town, so it looks like someone is going on a road trip

So, we have a Minfordite betting on Cool Grove???? :122246 :122246 :lol:

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

I know one thing... they've got the boys down in Minford rootin' for the right team!!

WWW.BUCKEYESHOTS.COM

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I like the caption at the top of that photo. . . I think it applies to last night's game and to the way CG has played against Minford. :mrgreen:
Coal Grove needs to beat these guys.

Go Grove!!!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

This is the one game that was a question mark on the schedule this year, with the 0-3 mark against Minford it's hard to say what will be different this year, but this is a different Hornet team, I have been really impressed the first three weeks, although I got really worried with all the mistakes last week, anyway if the Hornets win this game then, at least in my mind there is nothing stoping them from 10-0 and getting a first round home playoff game.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Coal Grove

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Minford way better than Valley so far. Minford BIG if they play the way they have week 1-3. CG didnt impress me none with win over Valley.

ItownFanatic
Waterboy

Post by ItownFanatic »

Just like anyone else in my area, i would like to see the southeastern team win. Hopefully Coal Grove can give Minford a run for their money. But, im takin Minford in a close, hard fought game.

Minford: 35
Coal Grove: 21

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

CG 32 Minford 30

GO BIG GROVE!!!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

The thing that nobody has mentioned so far is that Minford has been up 7 to zip the last two games before fans even found their seats at kick-off. Minford's special teams are on fire right now. Two back to back Kick-off returns for TD in two different games shows Minford has speed and great special team play. This could be the difference in this game. The two players that ran them back are the starting WR's. Minford by 14.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

this could come down to special teams, the kicking game....minfords kicker has been on....i dont think grove kicks any FG's....

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

i have usually been tough on the whorenuts through the years but this team looks to be pretty good grove will win

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

MINFORD 34-19

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

NICKNEVADA wrote:MINFORD 34-19

Feel your Goebals slipping away yet Turk ? :lol: :lol:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

BigOrangeOne wrote:
NICKNEVADA wrote:MINFORD 34-19

Feel your Goebals slipping away yet Turk ? :lol: :lol:

TTT is still going with the "SWEATBEES"..........

My Goebal has been slippping away for years now.................. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”