WK4 Oak Hill @ Trimble

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Re: WK4 Oak Hill @ Trimble

Post by Charles Farquar »

No Boilermaker you were mislead, the score of the Alexander Oak Hill Scrimmage was 4 scores to 1 first teams, Alexander scored late in the scrimmage against the first team. If Oak Hill would have repeated some of the wide sweep plays they were using instead of working their other offensive plays during the scrimmage they would have been in scoring position even more .Alexander is a much improved team and will cause some teams including Wellston some trouble in the TVC Ohio this year. I do not think you can judge anything by strength of schedule until the two teams actually meet. You do not have any control over what the other teams on your schedule do. Scheduling is made at least two years ahead of time and two years ago Rock Hill was a play off team and I believe Chesapeake had a winning record last year and will have a winning record this year. Three years ago teams that had the Oaks on their schedules were being accused by the southeasternohiopreps critics of having a weak schedule because the Oaks were on it. The Oaks over the last 5 years have went from 0-10,1-9, 3-7,5-5 to 7-3. They are 3-0 for the first time since 1999. You have to ask yourself no matter what the competition is the team executing their offense, kicking game and defense most of the time without making mistakes? Are the kids playing with intensity, focus and taking care of business no matter who they are playing? I think Oak Hill is doing just that. These are the facts and if it sounds like bragging its not. Oak Hill has a QB two wide receivers and running back that could start for any team in southern Ohio and that is some SEOAL teams. Their defensive line and secondary are as good as any in the area. The offensive line is improved and the defense is getting better. Oaks your really not going to get any credit for anything you do , and you really should not even want the respect of the arm chair critics on here but you can keep winning and in the end you will shut them up.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

cg 22 wrote:I will take Oak Hill. I think they have better players. They can pass and run, which makes them harder to stop. If you shut down Trimble's star running back,then you shut Trimble down.

IF is a awful big word

The _Big_One
Freshman Team

Post by The _Big_One »

oakhill gets rocked!!!!!! go tomcats!!!!!!!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Should be a great game. Oak Hill has been really efficient this year, yet I don't think they've faced a RB like Dyla either.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I think Trimble needs to put number 5 and number 12 in the backfeild and run some sissors and alot of misdirection.I think if they stick with jet sweep right and jet left they will get shut dow.But im no coach not by a long shot.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Oaks roll to 4-0 tomcats to 1-3

physther
Waterboy

Post by physther »

Diligaf,
I think coach Phil et. al. saw the same thing at Belpre as they seemed to change things up a little at the end of the 2nd quarter and in the second half when they started having success up the middle. You could tell Belpre's gameplan was to stop the jet sweep as there ends appeared to be an extra step outside the tackles and the OLBs were at times outside of the D Ends.

Keep it up Tomcats, get another one Friday Night!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Anybody have any info on Trimble at all?Fairland plays them next week,I know nothing about them!What kind offensive sets do they run? And what defense do they run?

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Oak Hill by a touchdown in a high scoring game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Oaks by 14

cheese45692
Waterboy

Post by cheese45692 »

I'll take oak hill in a close one. The oaks have alot of talent this year and if they put four quarters together i think they can win it.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

tomcatdad wrote:
riverball wrote:You'll see!!

you might be suprised by our tomcats!! alot of good teams come to glouster thinking they are unbeatable, but leave with a loss.

Not trying to start anything here just wondering who are all these good teams that come to glouster thinking there are unbeatable teams and get beat?

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

earp wrote:Anybody have any info on Trimble at all?Fairland plays them next week,I know nothing about them!What kind offensive sets do they run? And what defense do they run?

It's kind of hard to put a finger on Trimble. 3 games into the season, and they have ran 3 totally different offenses and defenses each week. I would say by week 8 they will have ran out of different systems to run, and will have to start repeating what they have already ran. That's why the Southern game will be closer than people might think. :shock:

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Like its been said before Trimble and southern will be close right up till kickoff.Then Trimble pulls away.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

DILLIGAF wrote:
tomcatdad wrote:
riverball wrote:You'll see!!

you might be suprised by our tomcats!! alot of good teams come to glouster thinking they are unbeatable, but leave with a loss.

Not trying to start anything here just wondering who are all these good teams that come to glouster thinking there are unbeatable teams and get beat?

last year it was fort loramie.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

you might be suprised by our tomcats!! alot of good teams come to glouster thinking they are unbeatable, but leave with a loss.[/quote]

Not trying to start anything here just wondering who are all these good teams that come to glouster thinking there are unbeatable teams and get beat?[/quote]
last year it was fort loramie.[/quote]

Don't forget about Caldwell. Rumor has it their coach wanted to make sure the week two playoff game was at Marietta a week before they rolled into the Cat Dome.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

TCAT1000+ wrote:you might be suprised by our tomcats!! alot of good teams come to glouster thinking they are unbeatable, but leave with a loss.

Not trying to start anything here just wondering who are all these good teams that come to glouster thinking there are unbeatable teams and get beat?[/quote]
last year it was fort loramie.[/quote]

Don't forget about Caldwell. Rumor has it their coach wanted to make sure the week two playoff game was at Marietta a week before they rolled into the Cat Dome.[/quote]
that was my next team to point out.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Ok,sounds good :) i also forgot about that ny team that came to trimble a couple of years ago that was going to put a beating on the tomcats and left with a loss.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

4 more days!!! Lets go oaks!!!

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

If the cats pull this one off ill be surprised but i see oak hill running control of the clock and all sorry cats ill take oak in this one :roll:

Return to “Football”