Welcome to the Hocking Division

DILLIFAG
Waterboy

Re: Welcome to the Hockling Division....

Post by DILLIFAG »

I bet Miller wishes they werent playing Trimble

DILLIFAG
Waterboy

Post by DILLIFAG »

DILLIGAF wrote:Well i wish trimble didnt play miller.

:lol: BRING BACK DUCK! :mrgreen: :lol: BRING BACK DUCK! :mrgreen:

This message paid for by the Committee to BRING BACK DUCK!

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

DILLIFAG wrote:
DILLIGAF wrote:Well i wish trimble didnt play miller.

This message paid for by the Committee to BRING BACK DUCK!

Once and for all......who is DUCK? By the way, Wahama, welcome to Wahama and remember that the road to the TVC crown runs through Chester!

Buttermaker
Waterboy

Post by Buttermaker »

I thought Trimble played in Glouster!

Screaming Eagle
Freshman Team

Post by Screaming Eagle »

I heard a rumor that Belpre may not be coming to the Hocking now, and that is why Wahama got in.

Don't know if there is anything to it or not.

I definately think 9 teams in the Hocking may be too many. Who know what is in the works.

GO EAGLES! :mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

What gives??

They don't have Kick Ball at Wahama and I thought that was a requirement in the TVC-Hocking!!!!! :122245

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

DILLIGAF wrote:Thats why im not really likeing the 8 teams in the hocking a team could go 10 and 0 and still not make the playoffs.

Maybe I am missing something here, but if you have 9 league teams the league champs should win 8 games, and that's if they lose both non league games. The second place team should win at least 7, third place at least 6, fourth place 5... If those same teams win one or two non league games the records will be even better. So if you are going to play those teams anyway, might as well get them in the league so some of them will win some games. Should be plenty of playoff points to go around IMO.

whs11
Riding the Bench

Post by whs11 »

Wahama has in fact been added to the Hocking division of the TVC........

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Sorry to Tell ya But the hocking title will be a dog fight next year. BELPRE. WILL BE IN THE HUNT.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Probably ought to send Fed to the Ohio and give Jackson an invite to join the tvc. I've got a feeling the seoal is going to implode in the not so distant future and we'll end up with them anyway, so might as well do it sooner rather than later.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

91Buckeye wrote:Probably ought to send Fed to the Ohio and give Jackson an invite to join the tvc. I've got a feeling the seoal is going to implode in the not so distant future and we'll end up with them anyway, so might as well do it sooner rather than later.

That would be silly to invite Jackson seeing that they couldn't get the votes not to long ago!!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Orange and Brown wrote:
91Buckeye wrote:Probably ought to send Fed to the Ohio and give Jackson an invite to join the tvc. I've got a feeling the seoal is going to implode in the not so distant future and we'll end up with them anyway, so might as well do it sooner rather than later.

That would be silly to invite Jackson seeing that they couldn't get the votes not to long ago!!

And silly to send Fed to the Ohio, since the boy enrollment is down to 138 and next OHSAA census, they will most likely be D VI in football and D IV in basketball.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Best bet for the OHIO STAY AT 6 till we see what happens with the SEOAL.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

send miller southern and eastern to the ohio ;-)

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I said it before and Ill say it agian , if Jackson is allowed in the TVC Ohio they will win it outright 9 out of 10 years .
The only SEOAL team that would be a good fit would be Warren . :idea:

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

boilermaker wrote:I said it before and Ill say it agian , if Jackson is allowed in the TVC Ohio they will win it outright 9 out of 10 years .
The only SEOAL team that would be a good fit would be Warren . :idea:

I think if the Seoal was broken up then the TVC Should make a move in grabbing some of thier members and go to 3 div it would give the TVC a Power conf Big mid small.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I don't think the TVC will add another division. Just because the Hocking has added 2 teams and allowed Belpre to move over doesn't mean the TVC-Ohio has to add new teams. The Ohio and Hocking divisions have acted as 2 different leagues in football since they split into 2 divisions. Just because one adds teams doesn't mean the other has to!

I say leave the Ohio at 6 teams and in a few years maybe then add a team or 2 but give it some time. The TVC has seen a lot of expansion and they need to give the new teams time to settle in.

I do not believe the SEOAL is going to disband. It has survived a long time and will continue to do so even if they end up a six team league. If the TVC does expand into 3 divisions I will continue to support it and hope that it works out. I do think that it will not happen in the next 5 years though. :122245 JMO!

Eagle 10
Waterboy

Post by Eagle 10 »

I hate to see Belpre and NY not play. Those two schools have a good rivalry. When I look at the TVC as a whole from the 70's to now it would be a shame not to play one another anymore. I know in wrestling these two schools work together very well together in making their wrestling programs a good program. I think that speak volumes to the two varsity wrestling coachs. I would just hate to see them not compete against one another in football. Way to much history.

I also hate to see a 9 team TVC Hocking. I will be hard for any team that wins the hocking to make it to the playoffs. Hocking teams need to play bigger schools to ge the points.

I think the TVC is going to change in big ways in the next few years. I thing they will grow alot. Belpre in the TVC makes total sense considering the 4th grade only has a population of 60 some kids. Here is something to think about Warren is in the hunt of getting new schools in the next few years. Belpre population is going down and the schools are old as well. I wouldn't doubt that in the next 5 years Belpre and Warren combine into one school.

Oh well. It is what it is but I sure hope the TVC group is making the right decisions for the entire TVC to make us a premire group.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

I disagree about the SEOAL. Look at the current teams. Logan, Gallia, Jackson, Chillicothe, Marietta, Warren, Portsmouth, and Ironton. It is a known fact Jackson, Portsmouth, and Warren have already looked elsewhere. It is widely rumored Marietta will end up in the ECOL and Ironton is already looking for greener pastures. If all those teams bolt you are left with 3 not 6 and the league is gone. If the TVC decides to expand you can count on Jackson and Warren and would not be too surprised if Gallia decided to join the fray as well. I think it's just a matter of time before it happens not if.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Just say it does happen.With jackson warren gallia all are going to need games.With the belpre game gone it makes since to make a game happen with one Jackson or gallia.NY GALLIA would be a great one.or warren.Just my thoughts

Return to “Football”