WEEK 6. West vs Minford.

big-train
Freshman Team

Re: WEEK 6. West vs Minford.

Post by big-train »

i told you i would give you your props,west is a good football team..like to be there next week

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

^^finally getting their props from a no name on a chat board, I'm sure the coaches will be thrilled.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

We looked pretty good tonight getting better every week hats off to the Minford boys played hard never quit they were just out matched was shocked with the out come thought it would have been a closer game, as for some of the quotes on this thread about coach Shaffer you and I know that he thinks very highly of the Minford community the kids the players coaches the families to sit here and post that he is a gutless pig and a fool is ridiculous he is a top notch human being we all know who the fool is, as for the plays the jv kids were running gimme a break them kids take the same butt whoopin everyday that Minford took last night they deserve a chance to show what they can do good luck to the Falcons the rest of the season.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

high plains drifter....what the he$$ does that mean and further more kiss my...

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

To sit there and call Coach Shaffer a gutless pig is just stupid. We were out coached and out played and West executed everything to their fullest. Shaffer is one of the most respected guys around Minford and he would of done anything he possibly could to help someone out. You should think of what you're saying and who you're saying those things about next time before you go and burn someone down like that. IMHO if anything on the play calling last night i'd say all he was doing was making a statement that the senators are real this year. Good game by both teams and for the Falcons keep your heads up and go out with a punch!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

OST wrote:To sit there and call Coach Shaffer a gutless pig is just stupid. We were out coached and out played and West executed everything to their fullest. Shaffer is one of the most respected guys around Minford and he would of done anything he possibly could to help someone out. You should think of what you're saying and who you're saying those things about next time before you go and burn someone down like that. IMHO if anything on the play calling last night i'd say all he was doing was making a statement that the senators are real this year. Good game by both teams and for the Falcons keep your heads up and go out with a punch!

good post. Shaffer is a fine man. I knew him a little years ago when he was at Minford. He treated me the same then as he does now. I think he's done a fine job continuing what Trip started. They play hard nosed football with discipline.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Before the season started, posted that Minford would struggle this year and go 5-5 due to the lack of speed in the backfield. Minford will lose 3 out of their last 4 games and end the season with a 4-6 record.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Great game by the Senators. Totally dominant and I look for them to handle Valley as well. Very big line,great backs, versatile QB and stout D. West fans defiantly weren't blowing smoke this year that is for sure. Minford was just outmatched last night no excuses for us. West had the better team for sure. Ironfalcon I know what your saying but its not West's job to stop West. Shaffer is a great man who gave me advice more times than I can count and was always there if I needed to talk. I can guarantee if I needed a favor he would do everything in his power to help.

Blackjack wrote:Before the season started, posted that Minford would struggle this year and go 5-5 due to the lack of speed in the backfield. Minford will lose 3 out of their last 4 games and end the season with a 4-6 record.
I think anyone with football sense would know its not lack of speed in the backfield but lack of blocking upfront and this would be a down year compared to the past 5 years. It wont last long though there is plenty of talent coming up through the ranks.

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

Last edited by Jim Mora on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

You mean the one with the late hit penalty that gave us our first down?

If you can do better then apply

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Well after seeing the score to this game I would say that West still has not been tested yet like I said before Minford is weak and West should have had no trouble with them it is not even worth talking about anymore West better start worrying what is coming next Valley will not be so easily pushed around like Minford was they have too many threats to be taken lighty. So anybody from west feels otherwise they wil find out Friday night I dont know who will win but who does will earn it nothing will be given.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Here4Fun wrote:Well after seeing the score to this game I would say that West still has not been tested yet like I said before Minford is weak and West should have had no trouble with them it is not even worth talking about anymore West better start worrying what is coming next Valley will not be so easily pushed around like Minford was they have too many threats to be taken lighty. So anybody from west feels otherwise they wil find out Friday night I dont know who will win but who does will earn it nothing will be given.
People can talk about it all they want. There is a thread called "West and Valley" where you can type until your heart is content about the Valley and West matchup :roll:

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

28Buck wrote:You mean the one with the late hit penalty that gave us our first down?

If you can do better then apply

Surely you could dial up something to get a yard.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

You can dial all you want but the players need to execute.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

UPNYA4 wrote:
IRONFALCON wrote:I don't have a problem with a butt kicking from a superior team, that's what happened tonight. But I don't care if its the dang 7th grade team, when you're up 34-0 in the 4th you run between the tackles. If you still score a TD good for you no harm no foul. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. I don't expect Shaffer to bow down to Minford, He is their coach and should do everything he can to win a game, but I do expect him to treat people that stood by him for 20 years with some respect. He made a fool of himself tonight.
Did you not just see the post that said the JV was in....Is Shaffer the JV coach....? NO!! IF you can’t stop them from scoring with your JV then put your darn Varsity back in so they can do it to them!
He is a good coach and knows what he’s doing.....ur the only one making a fool of himself tonight buddy!!
Yes indeed I have to agree with you UPNYA4. Shaffer showed class or it would have been 60-0. Anyone that knows football knows the throttle is on until the first series of the 2nd half. Me falcons are down and way down and gonna be for awhile. Dont be trashing the coaches either. the talent pool is pretty low right now but it will come back. We all got spoiled the past 4 years and especially from 07-09. you gotta work with what you have.

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

I see both teams losing to Piketon next year. Yup im back!!! :lol: :lol: :122246

Return to “Football”