Week 2: Rock Hill @ Valley

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: Week 2: Rock Hill @ Valley

Post by fuzzhead »

Rock Hill OVC Championships:

1958 (Shared at 4-1 with Oak Hill)

1968 (outright at 6-1)

1974 (shared with Fairland, South Point, and St. Joeseph at 4-2)

1995 (shared with South Point at 4-1)

1996 (shared with Coal Grove, Buffalo, and Chesapeake at 3-2)

2005 (outright at 5-0)

Rock Hill is averaging 1 OVC Title per 10 years.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

RedmanPirate

Is there a history between you and Pure Country? His post seemed pretty harmless for such a passionate reaction. Good Luck to your Redmen tonight.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Good job Indians. We looked sluggish tonight. I thought the defense played good assignment football. But the offense is still a little slow. Some nice plays in the first half.

SittingBull
Waterboy

Post by SittingBull »

Congrats on the win, Indians - especially you all on the Indian D - keep that toughness up.... Remember, if your opponent can't score, then they can't win - and most importantly - you can't ever substitute for 'guts'....

Now, as a credible Indian Football Alum who's 'been there - done that', I feel it neccessary to give the following heart-felt "advice" to The current Indian O-Line (for what it's worth)....
You guys flat out stunk it up tonight. Now don't get me wrong, you all had a GREAT number of plays, but you REALLY need to figure out what's going wrong and when, start locking it down and get, well, MEAN - I mean c'mon guys, let's not forget that it's you all who 'plow the road' for everyone in back - you who are the true leaders to that 'promised land' of the endzone. You guys have got to have the "Iron Will" to beat anyone - anywhere - and at anytime....

Senoirs: step-up and lead, underclassmen, if they lead - follow, if not - then you all step-up. Remember - "LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!!" :122249

I'll give you all that's it's only the second week - and you all did win, but trust me, next thing you know, you'll be head-long into the SOC, going against the W's where there will be NO room for error, and where you'll have to bring it hard, selling out every play. You have the tools and the talent, now it's time to see if you have the "will" and "heart". It is my hope and wish to see you win every game and knock a few heads in the process, and please know that you all have no bigger fan nor ally in the stands than I. I have been and always will be a Valley Indian at heart and an Indian warrior to the bone. Again, congrats whole-heartedly on the win and keep fighting!!!!!!!

"Three Cheers for Valley High Boys..."

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

I think there are several things that are being blamed on the o-line that aren't their faults... yes they can improve and they will i think...

1. QB throw the ball, rock hill had 5 sacks i think and 3-4 of them were him running around for 7-8 seconds in the backfield... QB's throw first, run second... not the other way around. You can't ask people to block for more than 5 seconds and expect good results

2. Hold better, lol i mean don't get caught holding 6 times ( though I believe that these refs where really looking for it tonight)

3. Running Backs... run NORTH and SOUTH, not east and west so much... makes your o-line look horrible when u run 30 yards east or west for a loss of 5 yards when you could have got 3 yards by running forward.

4. Coaches, maybe get under center some more... the left side of our o-line is very powerful and I believe they can move people but being in the shotgun 95% of the time doesn't allow them to be maulers.

5. Lastly, work harder! the talent is there, but until you capitalize on it, you will have people like me pointing out mistakes.

Great job defense, the previous poster is right... if they don't score then you can't lose!

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

lineman7 wrote:I think there are several things that are being blamed on the o-line that aren't their faults... yes they can improve and they will i think...

1. QB throw the ball, rock hill had 5 sacks i think and 3-4 of them were him running around for 7-8 seconds in the backfield... QB's throw first, run second... not the other way around. You can't ask people to block for more than 5 seconds and expect good results

2. Hold better, lol i mean don't get caught holding 6 times ( though I believe that these refs where really looking for it tonight)

3. Running Backs... run NORTH and SOUTH, not east and west so much... makes your o-line look horrible when u run 30 yards east or west for a loss of 5 yards when you could have got 3 yards by running forward.

4. Coaches, maybe get under center some more... the left side of our o-line is very powerful and I believe they can move people but being in the shotgun 95% of the time doesn't allow them to be maulers.

5. Lastly, work harder! the talent is there, but until you capitalize on it, you will have people like me pointing out mistakes.

Great job defense, the previous poster is right... if they don't score then you can't lose!

Excellent post, I was thinking the exact same thing watching the game tonight.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

RedmenPirate wrote:Fuzzhead, It seems like you are missing some shared titles in late 90's or early 2000's. In 99 we were 7-3, wasn't that a shared year. And, we went to the playoffs in 03, right? I though we shared then and in 04 before winning it outright in 04. BTW, where are you getting your info because I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

1999 OVC Standings:

Chesapeake (4-0)
Rock Hill (3-1)
South Point (2-2)
Coal Grove (1-3)
Fairland (0-4)

In 2003, Chesapeake went undefeated in OVC play, but Fairland and Rock Hill still made the playoffs.

Rock Hill didn't win anything in 04.

In 2005, Rock Hill went 5-0 in the OVC and won it outright. :122249

Congrats to the Hill on a hard-fought game. That big losing skid is going to end real soon, methinks.

jarhead1967
Waterboy

Post by jarhead1967 »

ha waterboy realy liked your new hat know what you mean about political poop

jarhead1967
Waterboy

Post by jarhead1967 »

bucks fan wrote:Rock Hill by 2 touchdowns

good guess wrong team what else is new same old story rock hill fan

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

I think there are several things that are being blamed on the o-line that aren't their faults... yes they can improve and they will i think...

Or the linemen could just block better.

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

All I would add to that is defensive pressure... Haste makes waste... and we are not forcing their QB to waste anything... they stand in the pocket with no concern about a blindside blitz... they scramble and we do not contain... we must plug those holes... 3rd and 25 has turned into 1st and 10 too many times! We don't push the issue enough for me... we are back on our heels waiting on them to run at us... there is no surge on offense or defense... It's as if we are playing "not to lose" instead of playing "to win." There was defensive improvement in the score, but some of that was due to Valley misques... I believe if we get as wide open on defense as we are on offense I believe will create more waste and misques that in turn will lead to more offense... Offensively I believe we are an inch deep and a mile wide... we have more formations and sets than I can keep up with... we may need to adopt a "greatest Hits" mentality and pick the best screen pass sets (right /left/middle), the best off tackle runs (I agree with some more under center), the best draw, the motion hand offs, etc... and polish them til they shine... BTW, I believe the soph QB is way ahead of the curve... He is standing in there and making some good tosses... he can only run what the coaches call... I know these coaches, they are good men, who care about the boys and are wanting to win more than anyone... so understand these suggestions are easy to make when our paycheck doesn't depend on their outcome... I will give my opinions but just as well, I will give my continued support for coach Knipp and his staff... next week is a new week... and I want to challenge the seniors to LEAD on and off the field as you prepare to go to Oak Hill and turn it all around!
lineman7 wrote:I think there are several things that are being blamed on the o-line that aren't their faults... yes they can improve and they will i think...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

sportsfan_1959 wrote:

Or the linemen could just block better.

Or...Valley could just play the better quaterback.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

KABOOM!!! i was wondering when someone would say that. you have to get rid of the ball and you do have to run north south you cant outrun everybody and when holcomb breaks the punt return dont touch anybody!!! geez we had 2 or 3 hands to the back calls negating good runs or runbacks

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Photos from the Rock Hill vs Lucasville Valley football game are now online at BUCKEYESHOTS.COM. Great photos and a great game by both teams. Good luck for the remainder of the season!

http://WWW.BUCKEYESHOTS.COM

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

I'm trying to figure out why the line always gets the blame? They are having trouble blocking runs between the tackles, but they are doing a very good job in pass protection. There was more than enough time to throw the ball last Friday night. We have to make more consistent reads in the passing game. #5's biggest strength is his arm, and he needs to go through his progressions and make good strong throws because Valley is going to need the ball in the hands of #21, #23, and #14 on Friday night.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Look man, either the line wasn't pass blocking or #5 was taking the matter into his own hands by running for his life. They didn't look like that against Huntington Ross, so maybe it was a bad night for them. But again, from an unbiased source... the line was a course for concern last Friday night.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

I seen a line that gave him time to make a read and throw the ball. I also seen a QB having success running the ball, so instead of going through progressions he was tucking and running. There's nothing wrong with that, especially when he was picking up big yardage. The problem was when he had time he held onto the ball too long and wound up not getting rid of the ball and taking big losses. I'm just saying that the tuck and run is fine, but the playmakers on the outside need the ball for Valley to be successful this Friday.

Return to “Football”