Waterboy

Re: DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by zone6 »

iheart radio wkkj 94.3 or burgfan.com

BURGerBoy
Waterboy

Post by BURGerBoy »

It's a shame to see this site has turned into complete trash since the conversion to the new website. Not that the other one was perfect, but at least there were respectable posters in a 2:1 ratio of trash talkers. I felt like I got some sort of take on the games and what was going on.

As far as the burg posters go, there are "Fake" burg fans, burg fans that think their immaturity is funny, and a few of the ole burgites that at least post respectable things. Can we all just post respectably.

This will be a very good game between two undefeated teams. There will be no running clock in this game. I would not be surprised if neither team gets to 30 anyways.

I do see Burg winning 21-14. If Qb is out, I do think it could take on a slightly different feel.

Please grow up. Respect the kids, the coaches, the refs, the opponents, the hosting site, etc. And the respect part goes for all threads and sports.

zone6
Waterboy

Post by zone6 »

QB for ZT is gonna play from the people I have talked to, I don't see a lot mobility out of him. I would say quick passes to get the ball out of his hand, the lineman for ZT #58 is out for the game, he was the starting center.

Bad_Ass
Waterboy

Post by Bad_Ass »

Rabeanos0512 wrote:Butttt yall said big time football that you're accustomed to, nah? but you lost in this "Big time football" last year. I don't get the point about bragging about playoff loses. Its like saying "wooo we live for this! We get to this big time football stage....and lose." Wait, what?
First of all, I think you meant "losses" not "loses." I'm not sure Zane Trace has anything to offer. Burg has the Howard in the backfield that could break Richard Sherman's ankles, the O-line that could keep a defensive line full of Joey Bosas off the quaterback's back, Kyle Davis who is smart with the ball and knows how to throw the deep ball when he needs to and can get out of the pocket and scramble for a TD when he needs to, Daylor Lewis who could boot a 50 yard field goal with no sweat, and a solid defense with Jeremy Cooper keeping pressure on the quarterback, while Wyatt Henderson intercepts your poor throw. So when it comes down to it, let's let the ranking speak for itself right now.. Burg = #1 Zane Trace = #2. When it comes down to it though, we'll let the Wheelersburg win do the talking.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

breadandbutter7 wrote:anyone have the link to a Burg highlight video from this year? and btw... Burg by 4 TD's
Skyrocket media on Facebook. They have all games except the Jackson game.

breadandbutter7
Waterboy

Post by breadandbutter7 »

that's a pretty good analysis right there ^^. although you left out about Xander hitting them harder than they hit their girlfriend's

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tomcat fan wrote:This thread has me lmao. Any radio coverage for this one that I may be able to pick up in Athens county?
Burgfan.com

Bad_Ass
Waterboy

Post by Bad_Ass »

breadandbutter7 wrote:that's a pretty good analysis right there ^^. although you left out about Xander hitting them harder than they hit their girlfriend's
That's true. A sophomore that can play a better game of football than the whole Trace team.

breadandbutter7
Waterboy

everyone has to cut loose and have some fun every once in awhile :D

Burg3
Waterboy

Post by Burg3 »

Bad_Ass wrote:
Rabeanos0512 wrote:Butttt yall said big time football that you're accustomed to, nah? but you lost in this "Big time football" last year. I don't get the point about bragging about playoff loses. Its like saying "wooo we live for this! We get to this big time football stage....and lose." Wait, what?
First of all, I think you meant "losses" not "loses." I'm not sure Zane Trace has anything to offer. Burg has the Howard in the backfield that could break Richard Sherman's ankles, the O-line that could keep a defensive line full of Joey Bosas off the quaterback's back, Kyle Davis who is smart with the ball and knows how to throw the deep ball when he needs to and can get out of the pocket and scramble for a TD when he needs to, Daylor Lewis who could boot a 50 yard field goal with no sweat, and a solid defense with Jeremy Cooper keeping pressure on the quarterback, while Wyatt Henderson intercepts your poor throw. So when it comes down to it, let's let the ranking speak for itself right now.. Burg = #1 Zane Trace = #2. When it comes down to it though, we'll let the Wheelersburg win do the talking.
Couldn't agree more, Tanner Bivens also stepping up and making some big time catches in the past couple games.

breadandbutter7
Waterboy

watching those highlights have me scared for ZT

Bird-Of-Prey
Waterboy

Post by Bird-Of-Prey »

wrestlefan wrote:burg is a good se ohio football team
put them in columbus or cincinnati or dayton or another big city and they become an avg football team.
they have a bunch of 5'10 185 pound kids that run 4.9 40's and play real hard
their big olineman prolly run 5.5 40's-at best
that, my friend is not bigtime football
I watched the Region 17 championship game from last year 30 minutes ago. Wheelersburg would hold their own in Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton or any city anywhere. They would give many D1 teams a game. Like any smaller school, you couldn't expect them to go toe-to-toe with bigger schools week in and week out and that's why there are 7 divisions in Ohio. Drew Pasteur has them in at #42 overall and #2 in D5. That is not average by any means. I see ZT ranked #209 overall and #11 D5. That's a big gap and I think it will be validated this weekend.

Personally, I'm glad Hartley gets what looks to be an average D4 this weekend instead of a dangerous Wheelersburg. The last time I saw ZT play (2013) Hartley put up 43 points in the 1st quarter. That's not easy to do in 12 minutes. Wheelersburg is a very good team anywhere in Ohio

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bird-Of-Prey wrote:
wrestlefan wrote:burg is a good se ohio football team
put them in columbus or cincinnati or dayton or another big city and they become an avg football team.
they have a bunch of 5'10 185 pound kids that run 4.9 40's and play real hard
their big olineman prolly run 5.5 40's-at best
that, my friend is not bigtime football
I watched the Region 17 championship game from last year 30 minutes ago. Wheelersburg would hold their own in Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton or any city anywhere. They would give many D1 teams a game. Like any smaller school, you couldn't expect them to go toe-to-toe with bigger schools week in and week out and that's why there are 7 divisions in Ohio. Drew Pasteur has them in at #42 overall and #2 in D5. That is not average by any means. I see ZT ranked #209 overall and #11 D5. That's a big gap and I think it will be validated this weekend.

Personally, I'm glad Hartley gets what looks to be an average D4 this weekend instead of a dangerous Wheelersburg. The last time I saw ZT play (2013) Hartley put up 43 points in the 1st quarter. That's not easy to do in 12 minutes. Wheelersburg is a very good team anywhere in Ohio
:o Great post BOP. Thank you.

Pirate Baller
Waterboy

Post by Pirate Baller »

Any Burg fans on here willing to give me and the squad (4 of us) a ride Friday night? Transmission went out of my van and grandma won't let us borrow her car again after the last time. Will pay 1/4 of gas cause if things go good (ladies?!?) the squad won't need a ride home! Pirates by 5 touchdowns

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

P(irate) wrote:
seasick80 wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Burk can play. He could have played against ridge wood too.
Sweet!! Burk run right, Howard run left, Davis run right, Carmichael run middle, Burk catch left, Howard run right, Howard catch left, Reyes run right, Davis up the middle, Carmichael catch right, Davis run right, Bivens catch a deep ball, Newsome run up the middle, Davis pass deep to Burk or Bivens, Darnell hit you, Davis hit you, it goes on and on!! What a TEAM!! Stop us if you can!!
Don't forget, Carmichael nailed you. Lol
LMAO!! Id run right over him in my time!! But I get your point!! Good luck to THE BURG in this game!!!! DEFENSE: Reads, keys and speed!!! OFFENSE: Execute, smash mouth, Finesse!!! Get that regional title you guys have been working for so long!! Don't let a one timer like an SVC team to trip you up!! Play like a team!!! Move as ONE!! GO BURG!!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Chicanes wrote:A match up of 2 12-0 teams, certainly both communities proud of their teams accomplishments as they should be. I think burg is on a whole different level, unfortunately for ZT, you'll spend 7 days looking forward to this game and 48 minutes regretting the outcome
Burg needs to play a clean game. ZT will be a good test if we win to get a state Semi!! But Burg must quit the stupid crap of sending different guys to receive punts vs what we have done all year. And we need to rely on our offensive base plays in first half to allow coaching staff to make adjustments at halftime! We don't need to be running Reyes in first half, he is a cleanup guy!! We don't need to take Howard from punt returns for Newsome, Stick with what got you there and then make adjustments!!! Don't get cute! Get a win!!

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

I would hate to see the Wheelersburg Walmart.

Burg3
Waterboy

Post by Burg3 »

Rabeanos0512 wrote:I would hate to see the Wheelersburg Walmart.
I would hate to see you at about 10:00 Friday night when you realize that ZT just played their last game...Go Burg

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

^^^^^ Proves point.

BURGFAN2010
Waterboy

Post by BURGFAN2010 »

km696969 wrote:the Wheelersburg faithful must be drinking some stagnant, which is reminiscent of their offense, pond water instead of that river water these days. I watched the game film and I have one word for you: soft.

THE Pioneers on the other hand carry HARD, battle tested muskets and are not afraid to use them on the likes of a washed up team that Wheelersburg is offering up as a sacrifice. This is going to be like Sherman’s march to the sea.

But do not fret Pirate fans, our PTO went out and procured wooden peg legs and eye patches for your boys, because they are going to need them after we get done getting done what it is we are about to do.

THE Pioneers are leaving Waverly with three things: our mighty muskets, any booty we wish to plunder, and the District Championship.

To the victors belongs the spoils.

ZT by 27
You are nuts if you think ZT is gonna win by 27... Let alone score 27. Just ain't goin to happen sorry to burst ur bubble...

Return to “Football”