IRONTON 24 VS Wheelersburg 8 - FINAL

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: IRONTON 24 VS Wheelersburg 8 - FINAL

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats Tigers on a great win against a very good Wheelersburg team.

Good luck to Wheelersburg the reast of the season.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hmmm, is Ironton back ?
1979 - State Champs
1989 - State Champs
1999 - State Runners-Up (coulda, shoulda, woulda, "PUNT")
2009 - ?????

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

we kicked butt....

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

Post game article is up on the IFC blog.

www.irontonfootball.com/wp

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Just curious, did Ironton go for two on their PAT's or miss the kicks?

Praetorian
Waterboy

Post by Praetorian »

FANOSPORTS wrote: 1999 - State Runners-Up (coulda, shoulda, woulda, "PUNT")

Pretty easy to make that call from the stands. I was on that 99 team, I still believe Coach Lutz made the right decision. However that is the past, all the best to this year's team!!!!

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I thought Ironton looked very sharp,nearly mistake free.
The penalties were at a minimum.We held onto the ball.
The only spot I feel we still need work on is our kicking game.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

sportsfan_1959 wrote:Just curious, did Ironton go for two on their PAT's or miss the kicks?

The 1st PAT was blocked, then they went for 2 on the next two tries and failed each time. Then they missed the final PAT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that and handling spread offenses a ll better. they looked very intent on changing things early, where ironton typically comes out of the gate slowly. and both teams were conditioned well, i did not see any cramps.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

There was one player with cramps, Monning I think for Ironton. Like someone said on another thread, Ironton was a littled tired toward the end and like he said, Burg had 10 in the box trying to stop the run and that would wear anyone out.

It was obvious Burg needed to throw more as that is what moved them down the field on their only TD. The pass was there all night long. Would like to have seen that little screen they threw to Craigmiles on the TD drive on the other side of the field. They threw it 2-3 times and all on the short side of the field. He only had one way to go as that side of the field gives an extra defender in the sideline. The other side oif the field gives him more room to get out and turn on his speed.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:There was one player with cramps, Monning I think for Ironton. Like someone said on another thread, Ironton was a littled tired toward the end and like he said, Burg had 10 in the box trying to stop the run and that would wear anyone out.

It was obvious Burg needed to throw more as that is what moved them down the field on their only TD. The pass was there all night long. Would like to have seen that little screen they threw to Craigmiles on the TD drive on the other side of the field. They threw it 2-3 times and all on the short side of the field. He only had one way to go as that side of the field gives an extra defender in the sideline. The other side oif the field gives him more room to get out and turn on his speed.

I'm not sure why Wheelersburg doesn't pass to Stegman more, he usually has about 5"s or so on most Defenders.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

Congrats to Ironton on the victory. They looked like the old, smashmouth tigers of the past. Offensive and defensive lines dominated Wheelersburg from the opening kickoff. No's 44,37, and 33 were impressive running up and down the field. The special teams coverage was excellent. The pat's were the only negative on the night against Ironton but all in all an impressive win for the fighting tigers. I look for the tigers to make a run for the SEOAL title and go deep in the playoffs. Best of luck this season to both teams.

Return to “Football”