Why did ND schedule Greenup ?

texas dancer
Riding the Bench

Re: Why did ND schedule Greenup ?

Post by texas dancer »

If ND's enrollment of boys is 36, how many boys are on the football team?Is that grades 9 thru 12? I didnt realize they were such a small school.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

texas dancer wrote:If ND's enrollment of boys is 36, how many boys are on the football team?Is that grades 9 thru 12? I didnt realize they were such a small school.

i think the past 2 years it's around 26-28 --outstanding participation by the young men of ND , don't know this years exact number -- how many is GC dressing ?

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

fuzzhead wrote:Exactly right, TigerMack. . . btw did Ashland kinda get you Tiger fans nervous about the possibility of them breaking the streak this year? They looked pretty darn athletic.

Honestly, I think this game will be a real nail biter. I truly believe this is one of the best Ashland teams I've seen in a long time. Of course, I still believe my Tigers will continue the winning streak. :122245

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I was thinking the same thing. I'm anticipating the match-up. I loved watching Ashland's backfield. Hunter is a dangerous QB - double threat all the way.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

ManitouDan wrote:just curious --on the surface doesn't sound like a good way for ND to start their schedule --Not a little bigger school but a bememoth compared to ND, would be like scheduling West or Burg size wise. Why was this game agreed to ? Is it a home-home or 1 year ? Sorry if this has already been discussed . MD

Do you ask yourself, Why would ND schedule Northwest? They are the largest school in Scioto Co. and not much smaller than Greenup. But the Titans compete and win. Every school around here is a bemouth compared to ND's enrollment. I think it will be a good game and ND has an excellent shot at winning. Sammons, I believe, had a big role in scheduling Greenup. He did coach them last year and he knows what they got. A big points coo for the Titans if they win.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

[quote="frank-n-beans"]Do you ask yourself, Why would ND schedule Northwest? They are the largest school in Scioto Co. and not much smaller than Greenup. But the Titans compete and win. Every school around here is a bemouth compared to ND's enrollment. I think it will be a good game and ND has an excellent shot at winning. Sammons, I believe, had a big role in scheduling Greenup. He did coach them last year and he knows what they got. A big points coo for the Titans if they win.

Northwest is MUCH smaller than Greenup County. I believe Greenup Co. translates to a div II by ohio division standards whereas Northwest is a division IV. That is a huge difference in size. So, yes we have to wonder why a little d6 school would schedule a div II school.

Greenup County 35 ND 7.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Maybe they had a hole to fill and thats who they could find to fill it!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I'm certainly not opposed to ND playing larger schools, thats going to be the case for nearly every school ND plays but if they wanted to venture into KY to find an opponent something along the lines of a Lewis Co , Fairview , East or West Carter would have given the Titans a higher chance at getting a W .
Hopefully I'll look goofy when ND pulls the upset ! But I agree with those that say GC is a huge favorite.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Let me see if I can answer this in a simple manner: $$$$

The gate from the Greenup crowd will be a very good one for the ND athletic fund when they visit Portsmouth.

sterling
Waterboy

Post by sterling »

I heard something about GC giving ND half of their gate this year as well if they would play them. Maybe more $$$ than thought?

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Green County big over ND.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

GreenUP LOL MD

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

It looks like I'll have a chance to watch Greenup County for a 2nd consecutive week this saturday when they take on Russell.
If Marion Catholic is as bad as they've been the past few years, maybe some of you ND fans should miss that game and come do some scouting. :lol:

CleanupMan
Waterboy

Post by CleanupMan »

GC has only 9 freshmen playing foootball this year. I think their senior class of football players have around 8 or 9 players. Two or three of their seniors it is their first year playing football. Typically low numbers in football. It should be a good game. Better hope GC Coaches don't get OL line straighten out and get their new transfer from Ashland eligible or it will be a long night for ND. :12224

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Indeed. . .

Return to “Football”