JV Team

Re: Logan fan down...Prayers needed!

Post by sportfolio »

Thoughts and prayers to the family from Athens and Southeastern Ohio

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

May God rest his soul. I believe almost every town has a fellow such as this who is as dedicated to one thing such as football, basketball, baseball etc.. who everyone young and old alike in town can relate to as far as the passion and enthusiasm, be it on the friday night of a home football game, an away game where they dress up in the school colors and sit right in the front row in the middle on the visitor side, a basketball game where they sit down low and initiate the cheers for their team or just being seen on the downtown streets where everybody knows your name, your face or at least knows you live and die with your hometown team.....only in the good ole USA.....R.I.P.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

May he RIP. as I know he will. God bless his family and the Logan family he loved!!!

SSReaper
Waterboy

Post by SSReaper »

To all the people who have sent prayers out for Earl...I am part of Earl's family and it is very sad and difficult news to cope with right now. When I found out about his passing I was actually at the Logan-Sheridan scrimmage on Friday night with my family, which seems fitting being that he loved Logan Football and Logan sports in general so much. He actually had the Heart attack at about 2am on Friday morning followed by the stroke. He was kept on life support due to the fact that he had no living will. It was determined that he was without oxygen to his brain for about 30 minutes causing brain death. He stayed with us for about 5 more minutes after they unplugged him from the machines keeping him alive. Again, In this very difficult time I appreciate all the out-pouring of kind words and prayers on this site. Thank you all. Logan has lost one of their biggest and best fans. :cry: May he cheer for Logan football from the best seat in the house, Heaven.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Thoughts and prayers from West Portsmouth...GOD rest his soul

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

I'm very sorry to hear of this news. My thoughts and prayers are with Earl's family and many many friends in Logan. God Bless you all. May you find comfort and celebrate his life of wonderful memories in this difficult moment of loss. Rest In Peace. Chieftains forever

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

God bless him and his family. Logan has lost a great fan and he will never be forgotten.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Prayers from JJ and Blaine Hale in Ironmen Country.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SSReaper wrote:To all the people who have sent prayers out for Earl...I am part of Earl's family and it is very sad and difficult news to cope with right now. When I found out about his passing I was actually at the Logan-Sheridan scrimmage on Friday night with my family, which seems fitting being that he loved Logan Football and Logan sports in general so much. He actually had the Heart attack at about 2am on Friday morning followed by the stroke. He was kept on life support due to the fact that he had no living will. It was determined that he was without oxygen to his brain for about 30 minutes causing brain death. He stayed with us for about 5 more minutes after they unplugged him from the machines keeping him alive. Again, In this very difficult time I appreciate all the out-pouring of kind words and prayers on this site. Thank you all. Logan has lost one of their biggest and best fans. :cry: May he cheer for Logan football from the best seat in the house, Heaven.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- friend , just remember, he's got the biggest pressbox seat in the heaven's now. the next time you get together, it will be for eternity. still prayin for ya'll. ytb.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Well said Tiger! Well said!

chieflineman06
Freshman Team

Post by chieflineman06 »

Sad thing to hear. Plus its worse when it hits so close to home.

Just think how rowdy that cheering section in the sky must be.

R.I.P Mr. Mays from a former player and fellow fan.

Condolensces and prayers go out to the family/friends from my neck of the woods.

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

prayers to family and friends from belpre

5nybuckeyes
Riding the Bench

Post by 5nybuckeyes »

Kenneth “Earl” Mays 69 of Logan passed away August 21, 2009 in Hocking Valley Community Hospital. He was born October 25, 1939 in Hocking County, son of the late James Edward and Bertha Alice Hughes Mays.

Earl loved the Logan Chieftains, the OSU Buckeyes and attended Smith Chapel U.M. Church.

He is survived by sisters Bessie Mays of Logan with whom he made his home, and Irene Lehman of Logan. A brother Lester Mays of Logan, a special nephew Terry Bungard of Logan, several other nieces, nephews, great nieces and great nephews.

Earl was preceded in death by 6 brothers and 1 sister.

Funeral Services will be held at 10:00AM Friday August 28 2009 in the Smith Chapel U.M. Church with Rev. Ricci Arthur officiating. Interment will be in Fairview Cemetery Rockbridge. Friends may call at the Cardaras Funeral Home 183 E. Second St. Logan on Thursday from 5-8PM.

Please sign his online guestbook at www.cardaras.com

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

PRAYERS FROM BUCKEYE COUNTRY

Return to “Football”