Week 9 (8-0) Lucasville Valley @ (7-1) Wheelersburg

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 9 (8-0) Lucasville Valley @ (7-1) Wheelersburg

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Bleeding Red wrote:I would be ashamed if I were from Burg with this officiating, it is pathetic.

Well, you're not from the Burg, thank God, so why do you even care???

By the way, how about that meltdown of your mighty Falcons???

Up 31-7 and give up 28 unanswered points to Waverly to lose 35-31. :mrgreen:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Both communities should be proud. Game delivered, as advertised! Valley ends a very long streak, congratulations. Best of luck to both teams throughout the remainder of their seasons.

buckwheat
Riding the Bench

Post by buckwheat »

So what time is the parade tomorrow???

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:I would be ashamed if I were from Burg with this officiating, it is pathetic.

Well, you're not from the Burg, thank God, so why do you even care???

By the way, how about that meltdown of your mighty Falcons???

Up 31-7 and give up 28 unanswered points to Waverly to lose 35-31. :mrgreen:
Yes, indeed....some people should just shut up. I am indeed a Falcon fan but to get on here and make a stupid post after the meltdown tonight shows just how ignorant some people are. Some ppl are just embarrassing and there is no wonder some ppl have no credibility. Sorry BurgGrad....it seems every school has at least one ignorant poster like bleeding red. Yes indeed.

Sounds like a good game in the burg. Surprised to see the Indians win but they do have a good team and will destroy my Falcons next week. i hate to say that, yes indeed but it is true. after the meltdown I saw tonight we Falcon fans are looking forward to this season being over.

Congrats to Valley for being the 2011 SOC II Champs....yes indeed.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

great win by Valley. Both teams did leave it on the field. Yates and Keller were great. Valley's passing game never got going . Penalities plaqued the flow of the game, it was a flag fest both ways . Was surprised to see how small Burg was up front. Valley dwarfed them. And Burg not scoring with the 1st and goal in the 3rd was the key series in the game.

I guess I shouldn't have encouraged Bleeder to keep posting , please forgive me fellow SEOPer's but at least he did come thru and prove my point. MD

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Very good win for Valley!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Very good win for the Indians! Hats off to the Pirates on what sounded like one heckuva game by both teams. I hate that I didn't get to see it first hand, but proud none the less. It sounded as if the guys expected to have big games before hand did just that, as Shears, Yates and Keller all three turned in big numbers.

Congrats to the Indians, and best of luck the rest of the way to the Pirates.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Good win by a talented Valley team
Congrats on a great game.

PirateFan
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan »

What a game! It was a great game except for the classless so called "man" from Valley that was threatening a couple women from Burg for cheering on their team. Congrats to Valley on the win. Good luck the rest of the season. Keep your heads up Pirates. On to play West next week.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Congrats to the Indians tonight. Good luck next week against Minford. I will be rooting for you guys in week 11.

The better team won tonight on what turned out to be an excellent night for football. I was very impressed with how the field looked and the great turnout.

Sloppy game overall. Came down the classics; big plays, penalties and special teams.

To my Pirates; watch film tomorrow morning and take it out on West next week and help yourselves into a playoff spot!

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Great game to watch ! Valley is going to have alot of success in the playoffs. Alot has been said about the monster goal line stand and I agree it was big but so was the muffed kickoff!

Crabtree did an excellent job of utilizing all his weapons tonight... One of his best called games IMO.

Hats off to the Burg staff they got 150% out of there very young but talented kids tonight.

Lastly congrats to all the kids on the field tonight....hard hitting...exciting...maximum effort...everything a fan could ask for!

Mohawknation33
Riding the Bench

Post by Mohawknation33 »

If wheelersburg can pass the ball effectively against the siders, it will be a very interesting game. Good luck to all SOC teams.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I love the mentality of this Valley team. They get hit in the mouth at times and they just come back more determined.
A very good game on both sides. Both teams came to win and neither stopped playing hard until the clock hit zero..

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote:I think this is Valley's year. I've been outside watching the stars from here in C-bus in the evenings and they've been lining up and bouncing shock waves right off the high school down there and transmitting signals back via satellite for even outsiders to see. Wow, that's pretty deep, huh ?

I told you the other night the stars were lining up and no one believed me !!!!!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Congrats to the Indians for getting that monkey off their back. Valley may well win Region 19 this year.

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

Great game by both teams. Disappointed with the officials!! They tried to determine the outcome but the indians would not give in. Several calls by the officials were obviously called to keep the pirates in the game!

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Bleeding Red You hit the nail on the head Worst refs I ever seen ! They did everything accept put it in the endzone for Burg ! I feel sorry for West going in there next week they are a 14 points down already and yes I would be embarassed if I was from Burg !!!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

i listened to the second half of this one on the radio sounded very exciting game. Congrats to Valley on finally getting the big win.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

I know people were saying that Burg was gonna have a small line, but I didn't realize how small until I saw it for myself. Some of the kids out there didn't look much bigger than myself and I'm 170 soaking wet and after a big meal! The officiating was questionable at several instances in the game, but there really nothing you can do when this kinda thing is going on. I didn't see what the refs saw (if anything!) so I'm just not gonna complain too much about them.

Yates was very elusive when he was running in the open field, hard for any Pirate to get more than a hand on him. And of course Keller had another great game, he's gotten more and more impressive game by game. Shears was productive throughout the game and was able to get good chunks of yards on most plays, but I seems almost like they would run him every play. IMO, it isn't the smartest to run your QB too often because of the injury risk, but he is there best player and they were just trying to get the ball in his hands as much as they could.

Valley did a nice job of answering whenever Wheelersburg scored. After the opening kickoff the Indians drove right down the field and answered with a score of their own. And any time the Burg made it into a one score game, Valley was able to go in and make it a 2 score game again.

We all know this is the first time Valley has beaten Burg in about four-thousand years, and I'm glad I was able to see this with a great kid and great athlete in Keller. IMO, if Valley wasn't able to beat them tonight, then it would've been another few years 'til we could. Great Game by both teams tonight. Big plays killed the Pirates and Valley proved that they could score from anywhere on the field.

Good Luck to both teams next week and after that!! Glad to see an injury free game (at least i think it was)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats to the Indians. Game sounded like it was everything and more that was advertised. Valley had and answer everytime that Burg made it close. That is a sign of a very good team. Could actually have a SEO team make some noise in the playoffs.

Burg will not dwell on this loss. They will watch film, see what they need to improve on and work on it. Burg still has an outside chance at the playoffs and that would be nice for this young Pirate team to get a taste of the playoffs. They will be strong for years to come.

Return to “Football”