Coaches - New Video Camer Recommendations

schenk11
All Conference

Coaches - New Video Camer Recommendations

Post by schenk11 »

We are looking at different cameras to get for our game films. We are looking for something that will offer clear picture, film will "cut up" so when we move it to video editing software the plays are already cut, and some longevity.

What suggestions do you have, what do you use that works for you?

Also we have received some game films that have the teams radio broadcast on the film. When looking at the set up in the press box, they had something attached to the camera to do it (Ironton), any suggestions here as well?

schenk11
All Conference

Re: Coaches - New Video Camer Recommendations

Post by schenk11 »

Come on 37 views no responses...let's hear it.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

I used to film for us (last year). I'll look at what we have so you know NOT to buy it. It's a piece of crap. I cannot recall off the top of my head what it was, but it was cheap.

My advice, spend a few bucks, and do some research. Consumer Reports, etc.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Go Professional Grade and not Consumer Grade, spend the money :mrgreen:

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Check your privates message on that other Ohio site.

I sent you a great contact number for a camera system.

ED

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

A lot of the cameras are now going to HD which is not necessary for your purposes.

Search the web and concentrate on cameras that guys are using for weddings. Prosumer cameras. And before you start shaking your head, think about it. Weddings are in all venues. Usually a dark church but occasionally in a park or someother wedding site that may be bright.

I used a Sony DCR VX-2100 for a couple of years for both football and basketball. For Basketball, I think that Clay's court would be the lowest light and it still did a good job. Last football game I did was So Gallia at Symmes Valley and it rained the entire game but I still got good results. Seven on Seven in full sun also came out fine.

A good 'pod is also helpful as the better camera won't be handheld for very long. And they don't work as shoulder held anymore.

I was getting into filming for the Crash and also some for the Lightning but had to go on a hiatus for personal reasons. Hope to someday get back into filming games, either HS or Semi Pro. Just can not obligate myself at the present time.

And you can get good advice from B&H Photovideo and they have the best rep on the web. Check web vendors on a site like http://www.resellerratings.com/rlist-s1-n2.html

jerry

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

My opinion, you'd be far better off going to some different websites that review digital cameras. Then, how much is your budget? a thousand? two? ten thousand, twenty? and look in that area too.

Cnet Reviews Them Here in three different categories; price, manufacturer and 'other'

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/ is another place

There's other sites you can use too if you Goggle them.

by the way, vids4ckcrash mentioned B & H and I would highly recommend them too. I've bought off them many times and...seeing how they're in New York, you won't have to pay any sales tax when you buy if you buy off them!

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Go to Coachhuey.com

http://coachhuey.proboards.com/index.cg ... technology

They say you have to use miniDV to have true cut up capability.

Return to “Football”