Week 7: Jackson (6-0) @ Ironton (4-2)

camnott
Varsity

Re: Week 7: Jackson (6-0) @ Ironton (4-2)

Post by camnott »

Hey Tiger , you notice this post hasn't blown up with trash talk. LOT OF MUTUAL RESPECT and well earned by both teams!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Wish I didn't have to work :122247 , I'll be at the Bishop Hartley game next week though.

This should be a great game, to all the Jackson fans have a safe trip down 93.

Tiger Alley is really looks nice, everything has been updated and all new pictures have been put up.

GO TIGERS............

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

camnott wrote:Hey Tiger , you notice this post hasn't blown up with trash talk. LOT OF MUTUAL RESPECT and well earned by both teams!
---------------yes i have and i look for this to be a dandy and a barnburner.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Yeah, things have been relatively quiet this week. It's good to have a big game, but not have to pay attention to a bunch of trash talk all week. Can't wait for tomorrow night. I agree with YTB. This has the potential to be a very memorable game.

I think it's pretty simple really. The battle at the line of scrimmage will tell the tale. Both teams have stout defenses, both teams have great athletes, but which team will win the battle at the line of scrimmage? Ironton has always been known for playing physical football and winning games in the trenches, and that hasn't changed. Jackson has also developed a reputation for playing physical football, but they haven't really been tested this season like they will be in this game. The Ironmen, just as they did last year, must go toe-to-toe with Ironton. They absolutely must be physical up front and put their skill players in position to be successful. The outcome of tomorrow night's game is really up to the guys up front. Who will welcome the challenge, step up their level of play, and get it done?

This is essentially a playoff game for Jackson. It's going to be a playoff-like atmosphere, and the ramifications of this game will go a long way in determining the path for the rest of this season. I hope to see thousands of people wearing Red & White and filling up The Tank tomorrow night. Let's be loud and show our team that we're there to see them get win #7!

BEAT IRONTON!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Bring it home Ironmen!

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

Ironton Wins in a Classic Game

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

CAPE Coach was Rod Huber the current coach at Mt. Saint Joseph College in Cincy.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

field conditions will be fast.......temp at kickoff in the low 70s and dropping off quickly as the sun goes down.......and no rain in the forecast......

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

No Rain that is the key good to play on a solid surface for once go Tigers

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

The Coach at CAPE was Steve Sheehan when Ironton played them.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Kick off less than 12 hours away come on Tigers beat the rust off them Ironmen we need a good solid showing to let people know we still have a heartbeat been a tough 3 weeks and it don't get no easier tonight.
I Jackson will show up with confidence and it will be a hard fought game but hoping our Tigers can show up and play like they are capable of doing Ironton 26 Jackson 20

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ironman02 wrote:Yeah, things have been relatively quiet this week. It's good to have a big game, but not have to pay attention to a bunch of trash talk all week. Can't wait for tomorrow night. I agree with YTB. This has the potential to be a very memorable game.

I think it's pretty simple really. The battle at the line of scrimmage will tell the tale. Both teams have stout defenses, both teams have great athletes, but which team will win the battle at the line of scrimmage? Ironton has always been known for playing physical football and winning games in the trenches, and that hasn't changed. Jackson has also developed a reputation for playing physical football, but they haven't really been tested this season like they will be in this game. The Ironmen, just as they did last year, must go toe-to-toe with Ironton. They absolutely must be physical up front and put their skill players in position to be successful. The outcome of tomorrow night's game is really up to the guys up front. Who will welcome the challenge, step up their level of play, and get it done?

This is essentially a playoff game for Jackson. It's going to be a playoff-like atmosphere, and the ramifications of this game will go a long way in determining the path for the rest of this season. I hope to see thousands of people wearing Red & White and filling up The Tank tomorrow night. Let's be loud and show our team that we're there to see them get win #7!

BEAT IRONTON!!!
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AGREE WITH NEARLY EVERYTHING, BUT OLE BAIT IS TAKIN THE TIGERS IN THIS ONE.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:The Coach at CAPE was Steve Sheehan when Ironton played them.
Correct.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Getting closer bait you hear that Roar that's the Tigers getting ready to stalk their prey.
I see some Iron in their diet tonight.

JIronmen1120
Waterboy

Post by JIronmen1120 »

GAMEDAYYY!!! good luck to both teams!! Hope my Ironmen show up and play the hardest theyve ever played in there life and leave all out on the field... Gonna do some pregaming at BDubs be4 the game lol... have a safe trip everybody!

handwash77
Waterboy

Post by handwash77 »

Man this is a tough one to call. no prediction from me.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

maniac66 wrote:Getting closer bait you hear that Roar that's the Tigers getting ready to stalk their prey.
Maybe but remember to much iron can kill you!!!

Let's go big red!!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironmannut07 wrote:
maniac66 wrote:Getting closer bait you hear that Roar that's the Tigers getting ready to stalk their prey.
Maybe but remember to much iron can kill you!!!

Let's go big red!!!
Very true so we will just take small bites lol

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Goodluck Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HEY I GOT SOME FRIENDS FROM JACKSON, HOW BOUT WE MEET AT HALFTIME, AT THE GOAL POSTS BY THE BANDSTAND. YOU CAN'T MISS ME I'LL BE THE REDHEADED , BEARDED
GUY, THAT IS BUILT LIKE A SILVERBACK GORILLA. WHAT SAY YA'LL.

Return to “Football”