Frankfort - Adena Warriors.

bigboss
Riding the Bench

Frankfort - Adena Warriors.

Post by bigboss »

Adena has taken the top spot in Division 5 Region 20 as of now. Big wins early in the season have really gave them points that will be much needed late in the season. Frankfort hopefuls are praying to stay in at least the top 4, this town could use a home Playoff game.

What are your thoughts on Coach Thomas's program and the Warriors this season?!?

1 5-0 102 Frankfort Adena 8.6000 23.0 40.0 100
2 5-0 1688 West Liberty W. L. 7.8500 20.0 38.5 100
3 5-0 1260 Marion Pleasant 7.6000 21.0 34.0 100
4 4-1 394 Coldwater Coldwater 7.1500 15.5 40.5 100
5 5-0 460 Miamisburg Dayton Christian 6.6510 20.5 25.0 98
6 5-0 430 Covington Covington 6.2500 18.0 26.5 100
7 4-1 1018 Casstown Miami East 6.0000 14.5 31.0 100
8 4-1 1600 Versailles Versailles 5.9000 18.0 23.0 100

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Frankfort - Adena Warriors.

Post by Ironman92 »

Adena looks to be one of the teams that could actually advance in the playoffs.

svcbaseballfan
Freshman Team

Post by svcbaseballfan »

Adena has a great team this year. The OHSAA site has West Jefferson at #8 in the region and not Versailles. I think this has to be one of the toughest regions in all divisions though. Teams like West Jeff, and Coldwater, and Versailles, and Marion Pleasant are fighting for State titles every year. Good Luck the rest of the year. Represent the SVC well.

bigboss
Riding the Bench

Post by bigboss »

svcbaseballfan wrote:Adena has a great team this year. The OHSAA site has West Jefferson at #8 in the region and not Versailles. I think this has to be one of the toughest regions in all divisions though. Teams like West Jeff, and Coldwater, and Versailles, and Marion Pleasant are fighting for State titles every year. Good Luck the rest of the year. Represent the SVC well.
thanks for pointing that out, joeeitel is usually very accurate, and i find it more convenient than OHSAA site, although it is more reliable.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Coldwater just beat Versailles last week 36-19 handing them their first loss. Pleasant beat a 1-4 down St. Henry team by 8 so don't really know how good they are. West Liberty, Covington and Miami East are pretenders. Who knows what Dayton Christian has (a christian school coming out of nowhere every year it seems) ? The way Adena is playing the only team I see beating them head to head out of this region right now is Coldwater IMO.

bigboss
Riding the Bench

Post by bigboss »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Coldwater just beat Versailles last week 36-19 handing them their first loss. Pleasant beat a 1-4 down St. Henry team by 8 so don't really know how good they are. West Liberty, Covington and Miami East are pretenders. Who knows what Dayton Christian has (a christian school coming out of nowhere every year it seems) ? The way Adena is playing the only team I see beating them head to head out of this region right now is Coldwater IMO.
by those teams being pretenders, what do you mean exactly? that they're not as good as what they may seem by their rank right now?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

bigboss wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:Coldwater just beat Versailles last week 36-19 handing them their first loss. Pleasant beat a 1-4 down St. Henry team by 8 so don't really know how good they are. West Liberty, Covington and Miami East are pretenders. Who knows what Dayton Christian has (a christian school coming out of nowhere every year it seems) ? The way Adena is playing the only team I see beating them head to head out of this region right now is Coldwater IMO.
by those teams being pretenders, what do you mean exactly? that they're not as good as what they may seem by their rank right now?

Yes, Covington (5-0) and Miami East (4-1) play this weekend. They are from the same county (Miami) so it's one of those county rivalry things. The schedule both of these teams play leave a little to be desired every year and it's not the toughest row to hoe, let's put it that way. West Liberty has some decent teams over the years but the teams they play other than one or two are less than mediocre at best. Usually between weeks 5-8 is where the separation begins in these divisions with league rivals or big games dotting the landscape and those that started out playing nobodies and getting to 5-0, 4-1 are now at 6-2 or 5-3 all of a sudden and it finally hits them and their fans that reality sets in when you play decent league teams and at that point struggle to get to 6-4, 7-3 or 8-2 at best. Adena shouldn't have that problem this year IMO.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

1-4 St. Henry has lost to Div 3 Eaton (undefeated and state ranked, I believe), Pleasant (undefeated and state ranked in Div. 5,) Coldwater (last season's state runner-up in Div.5), and Delphos St. John's (last season's state champs in Div. 6.) I can guarantee NO team in this area would would do well against that slate of teams. A bottom tier team in the MAC would be league champs in most of the leagues in this area.

svcbaseballfan
Freshman Team

Post by svcbaseballfan »

As an SVC fan, I don't think we can downplay the schedules of any teams. Luckily Adena plays a very competitive non-league schedule. If they played the same schedule SE plays, they could be 10-0 and miss the playoffs I have a feeling. Those other teams may not have great records, but their leagues are a bit better than ours. Is that Adena's fault? No, but thats just how it is. I have seen West Jeff play this year and they are the real deal. They are big, fast, and can play. Replace Adena in the SVC and West Jeff is 10-0 also. Any of the teams from the MCL are tough. Just a year or two ago a 4-6 Marion Local team made the playoffs and won the state. Adena just needs to take care of business for the next 5 games, and let everything fall into place for them. Many times, the winner to come out of Region 20 wins the state.

Catspaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Catspaw »

svcbaseballfan wrote:Adena has a great team this year. The OHSAA site has West Jefferson at #8 in the region and not Versailles. I think this has to be one of the toughest regions in all divisions though. Teams like West Jeff, and Coldwater, and Versailles, and Marion Pleasant are fighting for State titles every year. Good Luck the rest of the year. Represent the SVC well.
They're actually tied, and both sites have it correct.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

On another site they've already handed the title in D5 to Coldwater , no reason to play the playoff games . Should be a little motivation for Adena .

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Enjoy it Warriors, until you meet up with coldwater. I know I will be there cheering you on in playoffs

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

mikepike wrote:1-4 St. Henry has lost to Div 3 Eaton (undefeated and state ranked, I believe), Pleasant (undefeated and state ranked in Div. 5,) Coldwater (last season's state runner-up in Div.5), and Delphos St. John's (last season's state champs in Div. 6.) I can guarantee NO team in this area would would do well against that slate of teams. A bottom tier team in the MAC would be league champs in most of the leagues in this area.
I agree with this but my point on the original post for starters is that West Liberty, Covington and Miami East aren't in the MAC and are pretenders. Yes St. Henry has lost to the MAC schools, Eaton (who plays down a lot) and Pleasant (who's beat one other good team, North Union). The MAC is the real deal but you only have a couple of those teams in this region. That's why I say at this point in the season, Coldwater to me is the only team that would IMO decidedly beat Frankfort Adena.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

Post by pantherclawdefense »

I think last seasons Warrior team, may have been as good or better,,than this years.

I will see em in action on friday.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

they are pretty good especially up front.
but they will have to expand their offense if they are going to do anything in the playoffs.
that is my opinion. :-D

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

mstangmom wrote:Enjoy it Warriors, until you meet up with coldwater. I know I will be there cheering you on in playoffs

Maybe this Adena team matches up better than the Westfall team that was destroyed by Coldwater in the playoffs a couple of years ago . We will take care of u in a couple of weeks also . ;-) There is a reason they actually take the field and play the games . Coldwater could get beat in the first round , no one knows .

bigboss
Riding the Bench

Post by bigboss »

Fantastic 50 has Adena already clinched.!!!

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

bigboss wrote:Fantastic 50 has Adena already clinched.!!!

Better add some visitor bleachers , they will be hosting a game . Whoever we play will bring a crowd .

Return to “Football”