DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

wrestlefan
JV Team

Re: DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by wrestlefan »

I just dont see the depth at burg being a factor- especially on the lines. They do a nice job of putting in a guy for 67 on third downs to run a twist stunt with the starter, but other than a little bit of subbing with other starters, they play about 17 guys

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I like is p! Motivates me! Can't wait for this game!! Is it Friday yet??

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

wrestlefan wrote:I just dont see the depth at burg being a factor- especially on the lines. They do a nice job of putting in a guy for 67 on third downs to run a twist stunt with the starter, but other than a little bit of subbing with other starters, they play about 17 guys
We shall see my friend! No one has been as conditioned as burg all season.

AlbanySpartans01
Waterboy

Post by AlbanySpartans01 »

burg by 27

Pirate Baller
Waterboy

Post by Pirate Baller »

Me and my squad gonna be reppin the Burg Friday night. Hopefully meet up with some Pike County honeys in the process! Pirates by 4+ touchdowns

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

WE ARE! THE BURG!

Pirates 42
Zane Trace 14

Tribal Force
Riding the Bench

Post by Tribal Force »

burgpirater wrote:WE ARE! THE BURG!

Pirates 42
Zane Trace 14
Good Luck Pirates. I think that score looks pretty close. May be a defensive struggle in the 1st half though.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

Lol'ing at this thread.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

P(irate) wrote:And so it came to pass, along the banks of the Mighty Ohio River. Was a town, a town called Wheelersburg. Many blistering summer days kids would make their way to the field, just to give away their blood, sweat and tears to be apart of something. That something is Wheelersburg. Many would doubt and even wondered, could they make something out of what they had. But little do they know the spirit of Wheelersburg. So they start from scratch, many ingredients missing or maybe not in the right place. Yet they fought. Against all doubt and fear. To prove themselves once again to be worthy.

So now the coaches have done all they can to prepare. Peices are in place. Wheelersburg behind them. As the lights come on and the milk jugs start shaking, that's when they turn the key and Big Bad Burg Machine starts cranking.

Out of the darkness of all the poster's hate
Light appears from Irate
Putting it down for all to see
What is happening historically
The power shifting from the "I"
To the top of 52's hillside

This new era begins
As they fight to get the win
A great opportunity it will be
As the burg breaks barrier 3

They've got something special in their sauce
A recipe that brings no loss
The coaches proved all season strong
That "the burg is the word" was a heckuva theme-song

Friday won't be to long
To ring the bell "ding & dong"
So cheers to that & the number thirteen
As that brings on the excitement of fourteen

I couldn't resist throwing in some stuff to add to P"irate"'s kickin'
Overview.

I'm not going to bash ZT!
I'm just going to say; you will not know what's going on once the players & coaches get familiar with each other, the burg will be many offensive & defensive calls & formations ahead of you, and there will be some tension on the visitors side.
If you're "big boys" that are fast, you will find out 2nd qrtr, maybe third qrtr, you are not as fast as you thought.
You will watch in dismay, saying:"but we are 12-0, what's going on"?
It just happens.

Good luck
Stay healthy
Represent

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

Poets looking for Pike County "honeys" lol

I have no doubt Wheelersburg can win this game...they seem to be the best team in the area. I just hope if they do win that they take it all the way!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
P(irate) wrote:And so it came to pass, along the banks of the Mighty Ohio River. Was a town, a town called Wheelersburg. Many blistering summer days kids would make their way to the field, just to give away their blood, sweat and tears to be apart of something. That something is Wheelersburg. Many would doubt and even wondered, could they make something out of what they had. But little do they know the spirit of Wheelersburg. So they start from scratch, many ingredients missing or maybe not in the right place. Yet they fought. Against all doubt and fear. To prove themselves once again to be worthy.

So now the coaches have done all they can to prepare. Peices are in place. Wheelersburg behind them. As the lights come on and the milk jugs start shaking, that's when they turn the key and Big Bad Burg Machine starts cranking.

Out of the darkness of all the poster's hate
Light appears from Irate
Putting it down for all to see
What is happening historically
The power shifting from the "I"
To the top of 52's hillside

This new era begins
As they fight to get the win
A great opportunity it will be
As the burg breaks barrier 3

They've got something special in their sauce
A recipe that brings no loss
The coaches proved all season strong
That "the burg is the word" was a heckuva theme-song

Friday won't be to long
To ring the bell "ding & dong"
So cheers to that & the number thirteen
As that brings on the excitement of fourteen

I couldn't resist throwing in some stuff to add to P"irate"'s kickin'
Overview.

I'm not going to bash ZT!
I'm just going to say; you will not know what's going on once the players & coaches get familiar with each other, the burg will be many offensive & defensive calls & formations ahead of you, and there will be some tension on the visitors side.
If you're "big boys" that are fast, you will find out 2nd qrtr, maybe third qrtr, you are not as fast as you thought.
You will watch in dismay, saying:"but we are 12-0, what's going on"?
It just happens.

Good luck
Stay healthy
Represent
The guy from Florida bringing the heat.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

WhiskeyTwoFive wrote:Poets looking for Pike County "honeys" lol

I have no doubt Wheelersburg can win this game...they seem to be the best team in the area. I just hope if they do win that they take it all the way!
Hmmm. Pike county honeys?
Poets?
Nah, that can't be right.
Atleast one of the nouns is wrong.

Although I love the tri-state, I'm in Florida, but I will be back home in a few years. I've also got my own honey, long & strong @ year 20, so I need not look further than, right beside me.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I like my women with teeth.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Tipton had trouble stopping the Burg when he was at West and Northwest. I don't see him doing it this week either.

If he figures out a way to stop the pass, they will just go full house back field behind that huge line and pound it down the field.

If he loads the line to stop the run, Davis will burn them on the pass all night long.

This is the first Burg team in a long time that I've watched that is very balanced on offense. They are for sure not a one dimensional team which makes them hard to defend.

Cheers to that. I was @ all of the finals last year! (Bucket list checked off & it had to be @ OSU! No way was I going to stark.
Anyway, coldwater just blew me away. I've talked big this year about them in some posts. Ive recently watched some film on them against Marion local (d6) & Minster (D7), . ML only loss is to coldwater. Minster's 2 losses are to CW & ML. They are all 3 playing for regional titles this weekend & should win.
Ok, back to the point. CW & Burg look very similar on both sides of the ball. Both are multi dimensional on each side of the ball. I I truly believe burg eliminates ZT. I truly think burg & CW meet up next. I now say it will be closer than I thought.
What I cannot tell from film is truly whose lines are better/faster.
Whomever owns that, owns the game.
Each team's QB's are very similar & are threats when they have the ball.
The bottom line are the lines!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

km696969 wrote:

The mighty Pioneers are going to trace over what little pride comes from a Wheelersburg team that has played mediocre football against sub-par competition. We are going to wash over you like the waters of the mighty ol’ Kinnikinnick Creek, and you will scurry home like a beleaguered nutria seeking shelter from a bald eagle on feeding day.

Friday will be written by the victors, and the victors will be THE Zane Trace. The only good thing that can come from this dismantling is the prospect that the Wheelersburg cheerleaders might be able to find out what a Pioneer and his musket are capable of in this often brash world. They may finally understand how truly amazing life can be in the arms of a Pioneer, and with all of the hubris and honor that comes with that special moniker.

Everybody get up for the Pioneers, everybody get up.

ZT by 24
:roll: You lose all class when you start talking about teenage girls. SMH.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

that's borderline criminal behavior depending on the age of the poster obviously

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

How did it go up 4 points? :roll:

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Well obviously he added his I.Q. to the score. :geek:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:Well obviously he added his I.Q. to the score. :geek:
Can't believe I missed that. :lol:

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

km696969 wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
km696969 wrote:

The mighty Pioneers are going to trace over what little pride comes from a Wheelersburg team that has played mediocre football against sub-par competition. We are going to wash over you like the waters of the mighty ol’ Kinnikinnick Creek, and you will scurry home like a beleaguered nutria seeking shelter from a bald eagle on feeding day.

Friday will be written by the victors, and the victors will be THE Zane Trace. The only good thing that can come from this dismantling is the prospect that the Wheelersburg cheerleaders might be able to find out what a Pioneer and his musket are capable of in this often brash world. They may finally understand how truly amazing life can be in the arms of a Pioneer, and with all of the hubris and honor that comes with that special moniker.

Everybody get up for the Pioneers, everybody get up.

ZT by 24
:roll: You lose all class when you start talking about teenage girls. SMH.
Classless? Courtship, kinship and high school football are the catalysts of life. Perhaps you have no soul, nor the ability to find love in war, but we teach our Pioneers to embrace the moments that are presented in their lives and to flourish in this world. Remember sir or madam, small minds yield small results. Get your head out of the gutter.

ZT by 28
Catalyst? Teach? Pioneers?
Boy, that's gotten your school real far in Grammar & the OHSAA.
You're just a household name throughout the state when it comes to either topics.
As an Ironton Fan, you carry no weight on this board. Although we are struggling with the loss of our coach of 3+ decades I'm quite certain you'll be 12-1 in about 53 hours & 24 minutes .

It's a burg victory & you'll be history.

Return to “Football”