Week 7 Northwest @ Minford

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 7 Northwest @ Minford

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Neither Northwest or Brown impressed me against the Burg. Either the Pirates are a lot better than people are giving them credit or Northwest just isn't as good as people thought. The Burgs defense contained Brown all night long except late in the 4th quarter. I believe they only crossed midfield once the entire first half and that was on a busted play with the QB running for his life and throwing a long pass after the LB's sucked up to stop him and Shears still tackled the player from behind. NW fumbled the very next play I believe turning it right back over.

If Minford can play any kind of solid run defense on Brown they can win this game.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I've stated before that I really believe coach Fry has the program going in the right direction at Northwest. However, I am not ready to proclaim this club ready to make noise in league play yet. I am glad they garnered three wins in non-league play, but I really don't view those wins as being any more impressive than the three wins Minford picked up in non-league play. I really believe that the gap between the SOC I and the SOC II is much more significant now than it was about 15 years ago. I don't mean any of this as a knock on the Mohawks players or coaching staff, and I'm not saying they can't win, just that I believe they won't win this particular game this year. Again, I think they are headed in the right direction and I hope with all I've got that they get there.

Coach Fry, keep up the good work. I'll be pulling for you and the Mohawks to become contenders soon. I believe that your youth and background are the perfect combination for the Northwest program. I was just saying to someone last night that I thought you had the potential to accomplish something that two legendary coaches in Dick Tipton and Larry Hall weren't able to pull off out there. Good luck!!

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

High Plains Drifter wrote:Northwest beat the falcons in 2005, and a good shot of doing it this year also.
Not with Bob Ashley not on the sidelines.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Jesco White wrote:I've stated before that I really believe coach Fry has the program going in the right direction at Northwest. However, I am not ready to proclaim this club ready to make noise in league play yet. I am glad they garnered three wins in non-league play, but I really don't view those wins as being any more impressive than the three wins Minford picked up in non-league play. I really believe that the gap between the SOC I and the SOC II is much more significant now than it was about 15 years ago. I don't mean any of this as a knock on the Mohawks players or coaching staff, and I'm not saying they can't win, just that I believe they won't win this particular game this year. Again, I think they are headed in the right direction and I hope with all I've got that they get there.

Coach Fry, keep up the good work. I'll be pulling for you and the Mohawks to become contenders soon. I believe that your youth and background are the perfect combination for the Northwest program. I was just saying to someone last night that I thought you had the potential to accomplish something that two legendary coaches in Dick Tipton and Larry Hall weren't able to pull off out there. Good luck!!

@ Jesco White - Great post! Agree 100% with you! I hope they give Coach Fry another two or three years to continue what he has started. There is a good group of kids coming up and I think, like you said, this program is headed in a positive direction. I do believe these kids can win at Minford if they put it all together for four quarters. I think what can be said about this team, at this point in the season, is that they are still growing and have not "shut down" like some teams in past years! The best is yet to come! This team will get it together before the end of the season and some folks will be surprised! Stay focused Mohawks, one week at a time! You ARE better than 3-3! Show everybody Friday night!!

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

Post by photo_electric_guy »

luvbigcats wrote:I think I will have to go with the Falcons on this one I think Minford wins by 2 or 3 tds it being homecoming and nobody in the soc wants to be the team that loses to the Mohawks.
Ouch that hurt...:(

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Jim Mora wrote:
High Plains Drifter wrote:Northwest beat the falcons in 2005, and a good shot of doing it this year also.
Not with Bob Ashley not on the sidelines.
Really your going to take a shot at a coach who turned Notre Dame into a playoff team once and is well on his way to doing it again. Minford's school board, community and fans never gave Coach Ashley a chance.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

I played for Coach Ashley and believe me he had his chances. Running the same play the times in a row for a total of 3 yards isnt gonna cut it. Maybe at ND but not in the SOCII.

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

The four straight playoff apperances after he left are NOT a coincidence. We know in Minford now that we will try to compete no matter what, not just run up the middle for loss 40 times because someone believes they cannot win.

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

Northwest wins big. Minford is done

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

M46 wrote:Northwest wins big. Minford is done
Minford wins this week, they beat Piketon again next year. Same old song and dance, but it seems to never get old to you :roll: :lol: :lol:

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

I know Minford isnt as good as they have been in the last few years, but they won't just role over to NW. Northwest is getting better year by year, but Im not sure they are ready for teams like Minford, Burg, Valley, and West.
Minford- 35
NW- 21

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

28Buck wrote:I played for Coach Ashley and believe me he had his chances. Running the same play the times in a row for a total of 3 yards isnt gonna cut it. Maybe at ND but not in the SOCII.
Maybe you should've run it right the first time and he wouldn't have to keep calling it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

noles_fan wrote:
28Buck wrote:I played for Coach Ashley and believe me he had his chances. Running the same play the times in a row for a total of 3 yards isnt gonna cut it. Maybe at ND but not in the SOCII.
Maybe you should've run it right the first time and he wouldn't have to keep calling it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that is funny.

I think Ashley is a really good guy. But him and Minford didnt mesh with him on the sidelines. I remember several games when Minford was losing, and he was standing 20 yards away from the rest of the team and didnt act involved at all.

Long story short, I believe every school is better off with a good coach that is from that school. There is a sense of urgency, pride and respect.

NW 21
Minford 35

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Bleeding Red,

As I consider Bob Ashley a friend, I've always tried to stay out of the distaste that some folks in Minford have for him. I think the line you wrote about him and Minford not meshing well while he was on the sidelines hit the nail on the head. No matter what is right, wrong or indifferent, I believe it's safe to say that both sides are happier the way things are these days. As a friend of Bob's, thanks for the way you put that. I know that's probably not the most popular choice of words amongst some of your brethren, but I believe it was well said.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Jesco White wrote:Bleeding Red,

As I consider Bob Ashley a friend, I've always tried to stay out of the distaste that some folks in Minford have for him. I think the line you wrote about him and Minford not meshing well while he was on the sidelines hit the nail on the head. No matter what is right, wrong or indifferent, I believe it's safe to say that both sides are happier the way things are these days. As a friend of Bob's, thanks for the way you put that. I know that's probably not the most popular choice of words amongst some of your brethren, but I believe it was well said.
You two are right. I like Bob and would call him a friend. But for a number of reasons things just did not work out. That's not a swipe at him, I have no doubt he knows more football than most, but when things aren't working it doesn't matter why you just have to find something that does work. I'm happy for him and ND, I hope he has success there as long as he wants to coach.

Back to Minford and Northwest though. I think Minford gets the win this week. I hope they show up with some passion and take over this game early. The worst thing they could do is let NW hang around a long time, if you let a team hang around long enough it will come back to bite you.

If Minford has done one thing consistent this year, it's been alternate winning and losing every week. They lost last week so their due to win this one.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ManitouDan wrote:the bleeding continues...... NW 26 Minford 18

Great call. Your knowledge of high school football again is overflowing. LOL. "Toughie"? LOL.

Minford dominated every aspect of this game. Northwest couldnt get anything going, even with #33. He was getting hit in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage all night. Minford really looked motivated tonight. I hope that trend continues next week.

Very classy of the Minford coaching staff to let time expire with 2 minutes left, on the Northwest 1/2 yard line at the end of the game.
BR

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

congrats on the huge win.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

M46 wrote:Northwest wins big. Minford is done

Really? Maybe that hole you crawled out of after your layoff from this site hasnt gotten completely cold and you can find your way back there.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Very nice win for the playoffs. Alomst everything they did worked well. Passing was as sharp as it's been all year. RB's were making cuts when they were needed and running downhill when it was there. Obviously Defense played very well since it was a shut out. NW didn't cross the 50 until a kick off return in the 2nd quarter and they lost yardage before they punted on that drive I think.

If the Falcons play with that effort, focus, and intensity they can beat Wheelersburg there's not a doubt in my mind.

As always Coach Daniels shows class by just kneeing out the game at the end deep in NW territory. 50-0 doesn't prove any more than 43-0.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

Congrats to Minford on the win. i was at the West- Valley game tonight but heard updates on this game. Keep it up Falcons and good luck!

Return to “Football”