TVC-Ohio League Leaders

Who will win TVC-Ohio offensive player of the year?

Total votes: 0

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Re: TVC-Ohio League Leaders

Post by ucantcme »

In 40 years NY has won the league 20 times, 50% of the time. They have made the playoffs 13 times,32%. Of the 13 times they have made the playoffs they have gotten past round one 4 times 31% of the times. They have one state championship and a regional championship and 2 times have been regional runner up. I dont think that is falling on your face. If they never get past round one they are still in round one. Not bad considering they are coming from a football deprived league and area funny how winning the league still gives them enough points to make the playoffs seeing how the area is so deprived of quality football and the teams you compare them to are in no way close to the geographical numbers that NY or the rest of SEO deal with. I'm impressed with the fact that being up against the deprivation that is SEO football a little school seems to put out competitive football each year. I will cheer for SEO football because they are up against it. They have a nice competive league that suits their area and since they wont be moving any SEO town north we have what we have and make the best of it. Kudos to all the TVC teams and the other leagues in our area. Make the best of it and leave the haters behind. Far behind!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Pretty good observation ucantcme.

I totally appreciate what NY has been able to do over the years ... But even more so, is what the small community of Glouster has been able to muster up when it comes to the Tomcats ... I mean, they seriously are a 'one stop-light town' - yet continue to put a quality team out on the field year in and year out.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

NY couldn't stop Sharp last season but Athens stopped him for them. I remember sighing for relief when Sharp was replaced and not lining up in the Wildcat (Dog).

NY better be ready to shut that down or Sharp will likely be the POY and possibly a TVC Champion. I would think Athens will give them a steady dose of Sharp this time around, as they are not required to get someone else in the game.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

CHECKED OUT THAT TVC.COM SITE AND WAS KINDA IMPRESSED NICE SITE EXCEPT I THINK A MORE ACCURATE DESCRIPTION WOULD BE ATHENS COUNTY SPORTS.COM. THERE ARE NO STATS FOR 11 OF THE TEAMS. ONLY STATS LISTED ARE FOR THE ATHENS COUNTY TEAMS. THE ATHENS MESSENGER MUST BE THE ONLY SOURCE OF INFORMATION.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BIGHITSINC ... Your right about TEAM stats that are on the team pages - only the Athens Messenger puts complete box scores in its newspaper ... I would LOVE to do every team, but getting the correct information is next to impossible ... Like the Miller versus Eastern game - no news outlet covered the game at all ... How can I do team stats if nobody, including myself, has the information on some games throughout the season?

The TVC-Ohio stats (leaderboard) are for the ENTIRE TVC-Ohio ... Athens, NY, Alexander, Vinton County, Wellston & Meigs.

ABOUT ATHENS COUNTY SPORTS.COM: I try my best to cover ALL the teams and will keep improving on that matter ... But any news outlet usually gravitates toward the 'top stories' and right now, the Alexander vs Nelsonville-York vs Athens topic is about as hot as it gets. Just check back during hoops season and you probably see a lot of Vinton County stuff, a lot about Meigs, maybe Federal Hocking, etc...etc... see my point?

thx for your input though - I appreciate the honesty - its the only way I can improve the web site is if folks are honest about things and tell me what they don't like.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

JUST CHANGE THE NAME TO ATHENS COUNTY SPORTS AND YOU ARE GOLDEN :aaaaa59

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Alright BIGHITSINC ... I'll do that - but don't come back on here and make me change the name to MEIGS COUNTY SPORTS when the Tornados, Marauders & Eagles get a lot of coverage over the winter ... lol

BTW ... Check out the home page today ... seems to me WELLSTON (Jackson County) & SOUTH GALLIA (Gallia county) are front and center ...

I would actually LOVE it if someone would send me some Wahama stuff - I really need some photos from down there!!!

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

sorrreeeeey, just thought that with the name tvc.com all teams in the league would have equal coverage.
and don't know what the difference in the information pipeline between now and winter would be.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BIGHITSINC ... My comments were not meant to be harsh - no need to say sorrrrreeey what-so-ever ... Your observations are well taken and I have been striving for balanced coverage since day 1. But let me explain a little why the 'information pipeline' changes:

1) News outlets (newspapers/radio stations/etc...etc...) change their coverage to whatever news story is the most popular - I can't change that, its been going on forever ... So whatever teams' do well this winter - that's where the coverage will be - which feeds the TVC web site as well ... You will probably see the Galipolis paper covering Eastern more; the Marrietta paper covering Waterford more, the Athens Messenger might cover Federal Hocking more, etc....etc... (these are projections of course from what I am being told about those girls and boys basketball programs)

2) I have some folks that have been helping me a bit the last two years -when it comes to basketball season. (i.e.) A grandparent down in Reedsville sends me stuff on the Eastern girls during basketball season. A Mom down in Belpre does ths same. Those resources aren't available to me during the fall - hence, the 'pipeline changing' from one sport to the next.

* But really, I would welcome any help from any school/parent/fan in one form or another... I don't care where it comes from - just as long as I get it ... Photos, stats, whatever - if it gets sent to me I'll use it. The best thing I can do now is to splash whatever I got onto the web site - have another person see it from another school - and want their team page to look similar.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

WEEK 2 STATS OF THE TVC-OHIO SEASON ARE UPLOADED:

STATS ARE FOR TVC-OHIO GAMES ONLY:

TVC-OHIO LEADERBOARD: http://trivalleyconference.com/Leaderboards.html

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

All the talk about TVC-Ohio offensive player of the year is interesting - but defensive player of the year might just be as intriguing when its all said and done ... There seems to be an abundance of really good players all around the league ... Reigning P.O.Y Mitch Rider has been stellar for Athens, Dakota Hook for NY seems ot be all over the field when I watch the Buckeyes, Jaylan Prater had a great game versus Alex Friday, Chris Russel has been making plays for the Bulldogs all season ... Whom else am I missing? Ive seen a bunch of guys making plays throughout the year - just remembering their names has been a challenge ... Following 15 schools/teams - the names/players get a bit confusing.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Orestes wrote:NY couldn't stop Sharp last season but Athens stopped him for them. I remember sighing for relief when Sharp was replaced and not lining up in the Wildcat (Dog).

NY better be ready to shut that down or Sharp will likely be the POY and possibly a TVC Champion. I would think Athens will give them a steady dose of Sharp this time around, as they are not required to get someone else in the game.

I agree that NY had better be ready for a BIG dose of Sharp. I also agree that he went off on them out of the wild dog. Was some of that due to Dixon stretching the defense horizontally on the jet sweep? I think so, Dixon had as much to do with Athens success versus NY last year as Sharp did, having said all that it's gonna be another good one in week 10.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

91Buckeye ... Athens still runs the same play - but they use Skylar Schwarzel instead. They also use Josh Skinner (QB) as an option to run the ball, which keeps defenses from keying on Sharp all the time ... Skinner has already rushed the ball 34 times for 188 yards and 2 TD's ... Our QB last year (Harris) didn't really have that element in his game.

Watching both teams (NY) and (Athens) every week - thanks to Channel 15 - I see two teams that are so much alike its not even funny ... Both lines are smaller, but quicker than most teams they play ... Both teams have a dynamic tail-back ... Both teams have a tenacious defense and both teams are getting solid play out of the QB position ... If you put a gun to my head and forced me to predict a winner - I would say Nelsonville-York 28, Athens 28 - game would have to end in a tie after numerous overtimes .... lol

Return to “Football”