Nelsonville vs. Jackson

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Nelsonville vs. Jackson

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

I think this would be a great game. What are your thoughts?

Orestes
S

Re: Nelsonville vs. Jackson

Post by Orestes »

Jackson sounds like a nice replacement for Berne Union on the NY schedule.

Playing Logan, Jackson, Bishop Ready, NC, and Trimble (or a similar schedule) does a lot for NY. Most importantly, it prepares them for the playoffs and for league play. Also, it assures that NY does not make the playoffs unless they are ready to compete once week 11 arrives.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

good point and plus i think it would bring a big gate which could help the schools. also, with both schools being playoff caliber it would gives teams more of a feel of how good they really need to be like you stated.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I said all along .NY should play jackson and gallia.jacksons good every year .NY gallia wood be a real good series.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I remember the '94 game like it was yesterday. It was the final week of the regular season and NY capped off an undefeated season. That was the last time NY and Jackson played each other.

Jackson and Gallia Academy are the old-school rivalries that have fallen by the wayside for NY. I would like to see a series with Jackson and Gallia Academy in the coming years.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

would love to see the Bucks play Jackson and Gallia Acadamy.......

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

i forgot about Gallia that would be a great one too. now if we could only get Ironton haha

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I remember the '94 game like it was yesterday. It was the final week of the regular season and NY capped off an undefeated season. That was the last time NY and Jackson played each other.

Jackson and Gallia Academy are the old-school rivalries that have fallen by the wayside for NY. I would like to see a series with Jackson and Gallia Academy in the coming years.
do you remember the 95 Jackson v. NY game? Probably not, because NY graduated their studs and back out of the 2nd game in that series.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Orange and Brown wrote:would love to see the Bucks play Jackson and Gallia Acadamy.......
--------------NO OFFENSE INTENDED , BUT I DON'T SEE NY AND GAHS BEING IN THE FUTURE. EVEN THOUGH GAHS IS BIGGER, THEY ARE TRADING IN WORTHY OPPONENTS , AND DOWNSIZING THE COMPETITION THEY PLAY IT SEEMS.IT WILL HAVE AN ADVERSE AFFECT ON THAT PROGRAM, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and look where ny's program is and they don't schedule creampuffs either. the mark of a great program.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

kudo's to ya'll at ny.

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

I would really like to see Jackson get put on NY's schedule it would be a great rivalry to renew and great competition great atmosphere and great facitlities. Hope this happens they could replace berne union.

GOOO BUCKS!!!!

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

I have been saying that this would be a great game. Both schools have proved that they are solid year in and year out. Even when both schools have a down year they still have winning records. This game would bring in money at the gates, playoff points to help the winning team, good competition to get ready for the playoffs and it's not a long drive for the fans. Maybe since vinton county has dropped they can work something out in the future to play NY.

Sometimes I wish that there weren't any leagues and all the top football schools in southern Ohio played eachother. This would possibly help our area get more credit and succeed in the playoffs a little more. I know that will never happen, but it would be neat to see schools like Gallia, Jackson, NY, Logan, Ironton, Burg, Athens etc... go at it every week. Our top teams in this area don't get as much credit because all of the weaker schools around that we play. I'm not putting those schools down but that why you see teams from other parts in Ohio succeed in the playoffs, they play tougher competition.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I believe it would be a good game between Jackson and NY but with wheelers burg on board right now don't see it happening.
Jackson can only afford to schedule so many div. 5 teams and 2 no matter how good may be to many.
Unless they drop a division.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I think Jackson would win this game this year but it would be one heck of a series in jacksons advantage of course

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Yeah. I'd travel and pay to see Jackson and N-Y. Especially if it was played this year.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Nelsonville probably has the best team they've had since the 90's. This would be a really good game this year between them and Jackson. I'm not sure who I would give the advantage to, but they are definitely the best two teams out of the immediate area conferences e.g. SEOAL, TVC, OVC, SOC, and SVC. If Nelsonville doesn't slip up against Athens I would think they are the only team in the area with a chance of getting out of the region. Jackson is obviously going to have a rougher way to go in division 3.

In reference to a series between Nelsonville and Gallia/Jackson I would like to see it happen. I think it would be a good competitive series between both. Gallia and Jackson are both dropping Ironton so why not. Nelsonville would get some wins. They would definitely smash Gallia this year for sure, but over a 10 year period I see Gallia and Jackson taking 6 or 7.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:would love to see the Bucks play Jackson and Gallia Acadamy.......
--------------NO OFFENSE INTENDED , BUT I DON'T SEE NY AND GAHS BEING IN THE FUTURE. EVEN THOUGH GAHS IS BIGGER, THEY ARE TRADING IN WORTHY OPPONENTS , AND DOWNSIZING THE COMPETITION THEY PLAY IT SEEMS.IT WILL HAVE AN ADVERSE AFFECT ON THAT PROGRAM, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.
Come on now Bait, you know why Gallia and Jackson aren't going to be playing Ironton in the future. I would like to see Ironton stay on both team's schedule. Ironton has been the best program in southeastern Ohio for years, and the last decade the only program better has been Logan. It will make both teams better by playing Ironton, but like I said in another thread; if they are dropping Ironton to prove a point then I am ok with it. Ironton is not a member of the SEOAL and currently plays 4 members. They said they didn't need the SEOAL to survive. It will be interesting to see what their future schedule looks like without the SEOAL minus Portsmouth of course. I personally don't care if Ironton is in or out of the conference anymore. I'm to the point where I almost want to see the SEOAL back to the six team conference it was before expansion. Tired of hearing rumors of teams leaving every other week.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

By playing both team I would give the edge to Nelsonville.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Daniel Larusso wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:
Come on now Bait, you know why Gallia and Jackson aren't going to be playing Ironton in the future. I would like to see Ironton stay on both team's schedule. Ironton has been the best program in southeastern Ohio for years, and the last decade the only program better has been Logan. It will make both teams better by playing Ironton, but like I said in another thread; if they are dropping Ironton to prove a point then I am ok with it. Ironton is not a member of the SEOAL and currently plays 4 members. They said they didn't need the SEOAL to survive. It will be interesting to see what their future schedule looks like without the SEOAL minus Portsmouth of course. I personally don't care if Ironton is in or out of the conference anymore. I'm to the point where I almost want to see the SEOAL back to the six team conference it was before expansion. Tired of hearing rumors of teams leaving every other week.
Gallia athletic directer said Ironton was dropped because Gallia was not competitive enough in the series with Ironton.
That is why the picked up Fairland to play instead.
As for why Jackson did I don't know don't care.
Ironton left the SEOAL for their reason's wish they could have stayed but never moot point to rehash.
Ironton plays Jackson tomorrow and we will see who the better of the teams are there.
Gallia seemed to be moving in the right direction with their program and Jackson does to hope the best for both of those programs and as far as the SEOAL it may be in it's last days Portsmouth is trying to get in the OVC and another program said Gallia is to for what it's worth.

Return to “Football”