Week 8: Columbus St. Charles (2-5) at Jackson (7-0)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 8: Columbus St. Charles (2-5) at Jackson (7-0)

Post by Ironman92 »

I hope we win the toss, receive and come out with our best executed offensive plays of the year and bust a "7" on the board. Then get it back and do it again with another excellent 7-8 play TD drive....get this 2-5 team down early and let them believe it's just going to be like the other weeks, losing to a very good team. Stay even on the turnovers and we will win.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

Good luck to the ironmen! I guarantee that St Charles team speed is as good as any that jackson has seen this year. I think the ironmen will come in focused and take care of business. Jackson will be too physical for the St charles.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

I think this team will have a tougher defense than any team we've faced. It will take everything we've got offesively to put points on the board. The offense will be at least as good as the best we've faced all year which means they will score. We MUST NOT let big plays factor into this game. Jackson must come out offensively and defesively like they did against Ironton before the interception. If we can put points on the board via a sustained drive and stop St.Charles on their first few possessions then we could force them into situations that they may not be as comfortable in. We must make tackles on the kickoff to limit their field position.
I believe (not saying chilli and Gallia won't give us all we want) that if we beat St.Charles we will go at least two games if not more into the post season.
GO BIG RED!

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Sc sent blurry game film to the ironmen and when coach hall tried to get a different film he got a text that said see you Friday. that's a dirty move if you ask me. So let's go ironmen get out there a smack them in the mouth early and often!!!

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

St. Charles mostly has players that play either offense or defense, but there are a few who play both ways. I would guess that a couple Wr's and Rb's probably play D and they keep the lines fresh. Jackson pretty much does the same thing. St. Charles is definitely no walk over, but if the Ironmen play to their full potential I know they could win this game. Making no mistakes (turnovers, penalties, giving up no big plays) they should be in the drivers seat. If they don't come out ready, and mess around they will end their win streak.

With that being said I don't think Andy Hall will let these boys come out flat, their gameplan in every game this season has been nearly perfected. When they played Ironton with those Oregon type splits, Ironton didn't know what to do. Coach Hall knows how to beat them, as long as the boys come out and play they will win.

I also heard that this is already a little boiling match Friday lol St. Charles added some fuel to the fire by giving Jackson coaches a very bad game film (they traded films of each other) that seems to be miles away from the field. St. Charles coach then ignores the Jackson coaches when trying to find out why he gave them that tape and wanted to see if they could have a better visual of the game and he replied "no deal, see ya Friday"

Seems to be a little coaching ethic problem up north in SC, you don't disrespect a team, reply "see ya Friday" and then show up in their house welcomed. I'm sure that will have this Jackson team pumped up and going on all cylinders for this game.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

If you are good it shows you are bad it shows.
Jackson is a good team they play to their strengths and the will win period.
There is a reason why one is 7-0 and the other 2-5.
I think Jackson will win this if they stay to what they know.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

ironman02 wrote: No one is making them out to be something they're not. We're saying that the level of competition they have played has led to a deceiving record. Most teams in this area don't play a schedule like the one St. Charles has played. They're a D1 program that will have much more depth than Jackson, they dress almost twice as many kids as the Ironmen, and they've been competitive against several playoff caliber teams. Obviously they're not the cream of the crop in the Columbus area, but there's a reason why it's rare for a SE Ohio team to compete for state titles. Central Ohio football is very different from the football played in our part of the state, at least in most cases.
I'm very familiar with both SE Ohio football and Columbus area.
I've been up here for 7 years now, grew up in Gallia County, and have family that lives in Jackson and participates in the youth sports for Jackson. So I'm down there and follow what you have been doing from the 3rd grade level on up!

I think Jackson has done a fine job at building a nice team, and I look forward to heading down in the future to watch more of the HS FB, as my nephew is in 3rd grade and is coming along nicely and loves playing for the Jackson White 3/4 grade team. I'm excited to see him on the HS field in 6 years.

I understand the difference in scheduling, and that ST.C has played some tougher teams, and has depth.
But, speaking from a an outside perspective from a guy familiar with both teams, if you don't beat St. C by 3 touchdowns then I'd nearly consider it a failure.

Like I said, come out focused and play tough, you win easily.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

St. Charles sports a good football team once every 7-10 years. Jackson should win this easily but you never know what can happen when the rosary comes out.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
I understand the difference in scheduling, and that ST.C has played some tougher teams, and has depth.
But, speaking from a an outside perspective from a guy familiar with both teams, if you don't beat St. C by 3 touchdowns then I'd nearly consider it a failure.

So what you are saying is that Jackson is definitely better than everyone that St. Charles has played so far( since none have beaten them by 3 touchdowns this year, which you say Jackson must or you would "nearly consider it a failure."). You sure are disrespecting a lot of quality programs on their schedule. Programs who have played for state championships, nonetheless.

If Jackson plays well enough to WIN, then I will judge it as a success! I could care less by how much, or what it means, if we don't cover your spread... I bet no one else will view it in Jackson as nearly a failure either if they don't win "easily" by 3 touchdowns.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Very well said, pigskinguru. I don't care if Jackson wins by 1 or 21. A win is a win.

Jackson can definitely win this game. In fact, I believe they will. However, I highly doubt if it will be "easy". Our staff and team are preparing for a battle, and I wouldn't expect anything less.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'm not sure seodublin meant exactly what he said. Failure was an atrocious choice of words....I think he meant "I think Jackson will win much easier than most of you believe" or " I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson won by 3 TD"

These are high school kids who have likely worked very hard for several months and find themselves 2-5.....I have to imagine this game is one of the lowest priority win games for those players. Most of their games are right in Columbus....what is their longest roadtrip? Who is their rival game on the schedule? We are playing for the playoffs, no motivation there. What's their motivation? How long will they fight if they get down 2 scores?

I continue to think that 17 year old males traveling 85 miles away to God's country with a 2-5 record may factor in.

JHS08
Waterboy

Post by JHS08 »

I believe the whole time they are traveling down to Jackson, they are gonna be thinking we are just some small hick school in Southern Ohio. And then they will reach our hill and see Alumni Stadium and see what Ironmen football is really about. Go Red

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

JHS08 wrote:I believe the whole time they are traveling down to Jackson, they are gonna be thinking we are just some small hick school in Southern Ohio. And then they will reach our hill and see Alumni Stadium and see what Ironmen football is really about. Go Red
Haha we are just some small hick town but we take our sports very serious and when you send us bad film the be a smart a$$ when we ask for a better tape and say sorry about your luck see you Friday it tends to tick us off so I say Jackson comes out with a huge chip on there shoulders and light those big city boys up and tellem welcome to the jungle!!!

JHS08
Waterboy

Post by JHS08 »

Ironmannut07 wrote:
JHS08 wrote:I believe the whole time they are traveling down to Jackson, they are gonna be thinking we are just some small hick school in Southern Ohio. And then they will reach our hill and see Alumni Stadium and see what Ironmen football is really about. Go Red
Haha we are just some small hick town but we take our sports very serious and when you send us bad film the be a smart a$$ when we ask for a better tape and say sorry about your luck see you Friday it tends to tick us off so I say Jackson comes out with a huge chip on there shoulders and light those big city boys up and tellem welcome to the jungle!!!
Yeah I was talking about that with some buddies last night and we all agreed that if Jackson gets a big lead then they should just keep pouring it on. Run up the score. Treat us with no respect and we shall do the same ha

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

JHS08 wrote:
Ironmannut07 wrote:
Yeah I was talking about that with some buddies last night and we all agreed that if Jackson gets a big lead then they should just keep pouring it on. Run up the score. Treat us with no respect and we shall do the same ha
Exactly!!!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Ironman92 wrote:I'm not sure seodublin meant exactly what he said. Failure was an atrocious choice of words....I think he meant "I think Jackson will win much easier than most of you believe" ...
Basically, but I wouldn't change the way I phrased it.

pigskinguru, not taking away from any of ST C opponents, but look at it this way. Last year when Wellston beat Jackson, do you think Jackson's kids and coaching staff took Wellston seriously. (Not bashing Welston, like I said I've got family down there) It's much easier for a team like St.C to look good on paper, when they're the only team in the game taking it seriously and giving 100%!

What I'm saying is simple, Jackson is a real good team, and StC is Not!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Blurry video from a mile away eh?

Hello backfire!

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Jackson ended up getting what they should have in the first place and then some lol

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

JUST OVER 33 HOURS till the "SEE YA FRIDAY BOWL!!!!!" :oops: :122246
Lets go big DEFENSE and OFFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS> LETS SHOW"EM WHAT WE'RE ALL ABOUT! :aaaaa26 :aaaaa41

ironmen85
Riding the Bench

Post by ironmen85 »

GO RED

Return to “Football”