Varsity

Re: WEEK 9: MINFORD @ WAVERLY

Post by ZacBrownBand »

I see the Falcons coming out on top at the end of this one

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

14-14 at the half against Wheelersburg I think you should come out after the half thinking you have a pretty good shot at winning the ballgame so I am going to say we could be 3-5 at this point. All that is over now and we are 1-7. It is time for the kids to step up and believe in themselves, play some consistent football one play at a time and try to get a win against Minford.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

Minford 35
Waverly 14
Minford will get up early and put it on cruise control, Waverly will score late.
Go Falcons!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I can see Waverly coming out on top of this one. After seeing both, Waverly needs to limit their mistakes and tackle a little better and they should win.

forward
Waterboy

Post by forward »

Waverly tough schedule pays off.......If they can stop the run they win.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

If Waverly comes out and plays this game very wellcould come down to who has the ball last.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Play. just saying what i saw against Minford, why would you have 2 corners when they only have 1 receiver? you bring in an extra lb which helps you stop the run, play 1 safety over the top why would you not do this is the real question? But dont do anything which makes sense. i always understood against an offense like minfords you put a nose tackle over the center try to drive him back and ruin the lane for the fakes and the handoff, unless they have an outstanding center who can block and snap at the same time which there arent very many of those in high school football, which you would need a 5 man front for that and then you put your monster "which if you wanted to be bigger could be another linebacker" as the outside contain for the back side in a 5-3 so that puts 9 guys in the box, but hey if you feel you should keep a small corner in for containment on the back side (when they dont even have a receiver over there) when they run a sweep at him have at it. minford will not beat you passing the football just saying. Have i upset you,you seem a little put back by my suggestion you seem hung up on a shoulda:)

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

Did it last week still gave up 200 yards rushing to Bricker alone. Not upset at you upset at the situation, 200 yards rushing to a team is bad, 200 yards rushing to one person is worse. Doesn't matter what you line up in just need to play your responsibility and then get to the football and when you get there have an attitude.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Well west is a whole other beast than Minford and you have to play west straight up they arent in a double wing and run counters and traps the whole game they are all about sweeps and power. And they have a decent line but not as strong as wests and everything is inside the tackles other than an occasional sweep. Waverly can beat Minford dont know if it will happen! wish we would have known before the game what we found out in the first half against them and instead of just doing this in the second half would have done it the whole game. Like I said minford will not beat you passing and if they do well you made them play the game you wanted them to. Good luck

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

smurray wrote:Opinions are like..... and everyone has one.
1-7 is terrible yes, would love to be 2-6 by beating Piketon but it didn't happen. Don't know who else people expect Waverly should have beaten. Does Waverly have talented athletes, yes! Should Waverly be getting blown out of games, no! But 2-6 is realistically the best they could be right now.

Having said that,
with everyone suited up and healthy the Tigers have a real good shot and finishing the season with back-to-back wins over Minford and Northwest, both at Raidager field.
Waverly has to get the offense moving and learn how to tackle people (they run with their legs not their shoulders). HIT THEM LOW AND WRAP. Don't think you can knock them down by hitting them hard.
Very good point on the tackling, alot of times last week they would try to shoulder tackle our ball carriers and it did not work out for them very well, we had alot of yards after the first contact, need to tackle low.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Form tackling is tough in high school football where generaly speaking the ball carriers are the best athletes on the team, corners and outside linebackers come up and want to hit them and all that happens is they get shrugged off isnt anything wrong with being an ankle biter.

Mr Basketball 14
Freshman Team

Post by Mr Basketball 14 »

smurray wrote:Opinions are like..... and everyone has one.
1-7 is terrible yes, would love to be 2-6 by beating Piketon but it didn't happen. Don't know who else people expect Waverly should have beaten. Does Waverly have talented athletes, yes! Should Waverly be getting blown out of games, no! But 2-6 is realistically the best they could be right now.

Having said that,
with everyone suited up and healthy the Tigers have a real good shot and finishing the season with back-to-back wins over Minford and Northwest, both at Raidager field.
Waverly has to get the offense moving and learn how to tackle people (they run with their legs not their shoulders). HIT THEM LOW AND WRAP. Don't think you can knock them down by hitting them hard.
Ha Murr this Waverly team reminds me of the 76-80 Tigers too tough of a schedule to compete.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Those were the days, lol.
SEOAL: Logan, Ironton, Gallipolis, Meigs, Jackson, Wellston, Athens and 3 non-league games one of which was usually Burg.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good luck to both teams on an injury free game.

Prediction:

Minford 28
Waverly 21

I think Waverly will have some success through the air, but wont be able to stop Minford's running game.

A turnover either way may decide this game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I have seen some crazy football games in my day but this one may beat them all. Waverly trailing 24-7 at halftime and 31-7 midway through the 3rd after a punt return for a touchdown by Minford, the Tigers score two late 3rd quarter TD's to make it 31-21 to start the fourth and totally dominated the 4th to win it 35-31.

The passion the Tigers displayed in the 4th quarter was unreal. Most teams would have folded after falling behind 31-7 in the 3rd but these guys kept clawing and fighting.

TAYLOR WARD IS A BEAST!

I have to catch my breath

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

WOW!!!

What a meltdown by the Mighty Falcons.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Yes indeed....you cannot coach heart. This is one of the biggest embarrassments in the history of Falcon football, yes indeed. Losing to a 1-7 team is bad enough but to blow a 24 point lead like this has the Falcon faithful dreading next week and the blowout that is going to happen. Every starter should be benched and play the JVers. At least they want to play....not sure there are any all staters on this Falcon team this year. some who thought they were all world got exposed this year. I feel for the coaches. you can only coach so much and you cant help it when the players quit. This feels like the nebraska-OSU game. Yes indeed

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Minford had 220 yards at half and finished with 220.

Waverly had 103 at the half and finished with 339.

:122246

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Minford Falcons

Rushing No Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg
--------------------------------------------
Tyler Gaines 12 67 8 59 1 33 4.9
Nathan Compton 8 33 1 32 0 8 4.0
Evan Howard 7 42 24 18 0 36 2.6
Nate Caudill 3 9 0 9 0 7 3.0
Totals... 30 151 33 118 1 36 3.9

Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Long Sack
Evan Howard 14-5-0 102 2 50 1
Totals... 14-5-0 102 2 50 1

Receiving No. Yds TD Long
-----------------------------------
Sean Berry 2 75 0 50
Kyle Snyder 2 26 2 17
Tyler Gaines 1 1 0 1
Totals... 5 102 2 50

Rushing No Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg
Taylor Ward 30 181 9 172 2 41 5.7
Trevon Bolin 14 48 34 14 0 21 1.0
Zach Corcoran 3 13 0 13 0 10 4.3
Totals... 47 242 43 199 2 41 4.2

Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Long Sack
Trevon Bolin 19-12-0 140 3 27 4
Totals... 19-12-0 140 3 27 4

Receiving No. Yds TD Long
-----------------------------------
Paul Underwood 7 73 2 19
Drake McCain 2 36 0 27
Zach Corcoran 2 11 0 9
Taylor Ward 1 20 1 20
Totals... 12 140 3 27

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I apologize to THE mighty muletown falcons. I picked you to win and gave you the kiss of death. congrats to waverly , shows a lot of character to be having a rough year and fight back from being down that far. MD

Return to “Football”