Ironton News - Ironton's Newest Athletic Director

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton News - Ironton's Newest Athletic Director

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

juke boxer wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:Mark Vass is no longer the AD at Ironton. From what I understand, Mike Burcham expressed interest in the job but was told that he couldn't apply as they desired to keep the job internal.
On what date was Mr. Vass officially terminated ? I have not seen anything in the Tribune about this.

AD Job posted 4/22/09 on the High School Web Site but so are all of the other Coaching positions, I guess until they are renewed. The AD job is listed under the Internal section while all of the Coaching positions fall under Supplemental.

http://www.tigertown.com/postings/index.htm

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

This is no surprise I heard about this during Christmas break. The AD was called in and told that his contract would not be renewed. Keep in mind this BOE did not hire this AD and was looking for a change of leadership at this position.

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

Just my 2 cents...There are plenty of candidates in the school system that would be great leaders at this position, such as: Mark Lutz, Mark Lafon, Tobey Schreck, Joe Rowe. The sad thing is that Mike Burcham is interested in the job and would be the best for the kids and the financial situation in the school system at this time. It would be a big mistake to not let the man who served Ironton as AD when it was not a full-time position now help us out of the mess we are in and train one of the aforementioned men to take over the reigns. Surely, our administration and school board will consider posting this externally and letting Mr. Burcham interview for the job, because to not do this would be reckless.

GO TIGERS!!!

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Internal Posting

The following teaching position, for the 2009-2010 school year, is currently open to employees of Ironton City
Schools:

IES/IMS Art Teacher (02/05/2009)
IES Physical Education Teacher (03/23/2009)
IHS Assistant Principal (04/30/2009)

So does this mean the IHS Assitant Principal got the job?

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Im sure whomever gets the job will have the kids best intrest in mind.
Mark Lutz,Joe Rowe,Toby Schreck and Mark Lafon would all be great candidates.As well as Mike Burcham if they decide to go that route.
I just hope whomever gets the job does the following.

1.Do whats right for the kids(not the adults)
2.Make coaches acountable for everything,wins,loses,fund raising etc.
3.Get the money flowing in,that will help with our kids being/playing/looking the best.

Im sure when it comes out someone will have wanted one of the others to have been selected,honestly I cant see where you can go wrong with any of these guys.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

ItownHosscat wrote:Im sure whomever gets the job will have the kids best intrest in mind.
Mark Lutz,Joe Rowe,Toby Schreck and Mark Lafon would all be great candidates.As well as Mike Burcham if they decide to go that route.
I just hope whomever gets the job does the following.

1.Do whats right for the kids(not the adults)
2.Make coaches acountable for everything,wins,loses,fund raising etc.
3.Get the money flowing in,that will help with our kids being/playing/looking the best.

Im sure when it comes out someone will have wanted one of the others to have been selected,honestly I cant see where you can go wrong with any of these guys.

What do you mean when it comes out? You know who got the job why not tell us. I agree any of those men would do a great job.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

This what I was told by two different people yesterday.

Lafon is the new AD and Amy Hughes was coming back to coach the girls and be the new assistant principal.

Take it for what it's worth.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I hope both those things are true. Not that Mike Burcham wouldn't come back and do a fantastic job. But good for Lafon and Ms. Hughes would be a good fit for the assistant principal job.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I hope that most of the Ironton fans, parents etc. are not surprised by what is happening. Even someone like myself had been hearing for a long time there needed to be change in how things are done in the school system. Most of the new BOE said that is the main reason they were running to bring about change.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

No changes in the Basketball coaches.

itownpaw1
Waterboy

Post by itownpaw1 »

In my opinion I don't see how they can bring Amy back and make her assistant principal when we have two principals without a job as of right now..... I don't know, just expressing a thought. This is nothing against Amy....

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

itownpaw1 wrote:In my opinion I don't see how they can bring Amy back and make her assistant principal when we have two principals without a job as of right now..... I don't know, just expressing a thought. This is nothing against Amy....

That is correct.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Also, i believe if a bargaing unit member is let go and a bargaing position is posted, the person let go could get that job if qualified.In this case the person let go is qualified.

I work for the Steelworkers union and it works that way there.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

itownpaw1 wrote:In my opinion I don't see how they can bring Amy back and make her assistant principal when we have two principals without a job as of right now..... I don't know, just expressing a thought. This is nothing against Amy....

Then why is a position posted?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dear old ironton high. :122248 :122248

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

Congratulations to Mark Lafon. Hopefully he is what is best for the Ironton Fighting Tiger kids. I think he is an outstanding coach, so hopefully that translates to AD.

Also, did I miss something with Doug Graham resigning? If he did, then I hope Amy Hughes is interested.

GO TIGERS!!!

itownpaw1
Waterboy

Post by itownpaw1 »

I wish anyone interested in the job the best of luck.
Last edited by itownpaw1 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

The Director of FB Operations at Ga Tech might be willing to come back, but I doubt if they can match his salary.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Principals and assistants aren't in the union. They can be let go at any time . They have no bargaining power . I may be wrong on that one but I know that is what it is where I am from.

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

Why is this posted under the Football Forum ?

Return to “Football”