Valley 9-0 (4-0) vs. Minford 4-5 (1-3)

coop
SEOPS

Re: Valley 9-0 (4-0) vs. Minford 4-5 (1-3)

Post by coop »

Crab's brother wrote:
SPAMONY wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:A couple of other quick "facts"...

It is no secret that Minford has beaten Valley every year since the Indians moved to the SOC division II. In this time Minford has made 4 of their 7 playoff appearances in school history. Thus, these are some of Minford's "better" teams. Valley has also had some of their "lesser" teams in this period. However Minford is only 2 games better (17-12 vs 15-14) in SOC II play than Valley. I think the Indians should target Burg as the team to try and strive to become, not Minford.

This post is the most accurate on this entire thread. Alot of BS on here as usual. Although I do think valley will struggle next year they will be far from bad.

I completely agree. It is very hard for a school that is a handful of boys from being DVI, to lose a group of seniors like this years' group and expect to be back at the top of the league and region. Even schools pouring in tradition such as the Burg, go through this.

Good posts guys, and great facts Mr. Crab's Brother...

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Teams with nothing to lose can be very dangerous to play at the end of a season. And guess what, Minford has nothing to lose! If they want to salvage some pride for the end of the season, they must play like there's no tomorrow, which conveniently for them there really won't be. Valley is loaded with talent. They don't want some below average (by that I mean record wise, sitting at .444 right now, which i would consider below average) team ruining their undefeated season. The heart-breaking call near the end of the game that the runner was short (whether it was the right call or not) will help light the fire for the Indians. They should come out mean and ready to fight with all they've got and I don't think Minford really has an answer for the 3 headed offensive monster Valley has. Indians have too much talent, and make the Falcons their 10th victim of the season.

I'm very excited to watch this on tomorrow night. This rivalry is traditionally hard fought and I don't think this game will disappoint!
As always, I hope for an injure free game for both sidelines!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

No doubt, I can assure you Valley will be ready. I'm also sure that some of the players and coaches read this, and just because chicken_coop says Valley will win, they are not taking a team trip to the movies. It IS business as usual for Valley, and they want there to be ONLY 1 GOLD FOOTBALL for the 2011 season.
Last edited by coop on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

chicken_coop wrote:First it was 10 years, now it's "about" 10 years, when actually two seperate years are not the same event.
LOL.... Like I said, you can nit pick the specifics all you want but you can't argue the premise.
This years winner is not likely to repeat next year..... barring some new recruits.

And Spamony... show me where I used the word "bad" in my post.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

chicken_coop wrote: I'm also sure that some of the players and coaches read this, and just because chicken_coop says Valley will win, they are taking a team trip to the movies.
What ??? :roll: :mrgreen:

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Crab's brother wrote:
It is very hard for a school that is a handful of boys from being DVI, to lose a group of seniors like this years' group and expect to be back at the top of the league and region.
And thank you, too. The more you folks talk, the more you continue to make my point very well for me.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Historically, the Pirates and the Senators are the teams to beat in the SOC II. All the other SOC II teams will ride the talent roller coaster, to include the Falcon's. SO WHAT AND WHO CARES!! IT IS WHAT IT IS!! Take advantage of the talent you're given. I'm not understanding the purpose of the conversation. I understand what is being said, but I'm not sure why it is being said, other than maybe stirring the pot.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

starbase_318 wrote:Historically, the Pirates and the Senators are the teams to beat in the SOC II. All the other SOC II teams will ride the talent roller coaster, to include the Falcon's. SO WHAT AND WHO CARES!! IT IS WHAT IT IS!! Take advantage of the talent you're given. I'm not understanding the purpose of the conversation. I understand what is being said, but I'm not sure why it is being said, other than maybe stirring the pot.
Thats basically it.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

wink wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:First it was 10 years, now it's "about" 10 years, when actually two seperate years are not the same event.
LOL.... Like I said, you can nit pick the specifics all you want but you can't argue the premise.
This years winner is not likely to repeat next year..... barring some new recruits.

Like Crab's Brother pointed out, Minford is only 2 games better than Valley since the Indians joined the SOC 2...where is this Minford POWERHOUSE coming from? What BIRD are we fearing?

It's funny because when you started all this crap it was the fact on how Minford could be compared to Ironton, and now its showed they you're 17-12 in SOC2 play, and we've moved on to another subject? Interesting.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Crab's brother wrote:
So many things to say here, but I just don't have the time or the energy. First off that good group at Notre Dame that beat the "lesser" SOC II team was the Minford Falcons and that 2000 team was Minford's first outright SOC Champ.

To say that Valley has to do this or that to be "on par" with Minford is a joke. I have respect for Minford and as most know my dad and uncles played there, but being relevant for a couple of years does not make them SOC royalty. The Falcons have been in the SOC since 1959 and have won 2 outright titles and shared another. Wow, what a program!! Valley has a ways to go to match West and an eternity to go to match Wheelersburg, but 3 titles in 50 years is not what the Indians are shooting for. We have been back in the SOC for 6 years and have one title. I'll take my chances we get at least another 2 in the next 44 years. Looks to me that Minford is the "blind hog". Facts are facts buddy. Minford is building something good out there, but they are not a program....
The more you talk, the more you make great points. :lol:

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Come on Minford you can pull this off, we can use the help. GO Falcons, anyway Valley doesn't need this win.......

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Alot of talk about the 19 seniors that will be graduating after this season for Valley and how tough it will be for Valley to compete next year . I think it will be considered a rebuilding year but there will still be some big lineman left on that field with Hettinger the 2 Miller brothers which are 6'4 as we speak and alot of skilled players are left also . If you look ahead at the schedule it does favor Valley with Burg Minford and Waverly all coming to Indian turf , West is an away game which will be a tough place to win. But JMO Coach C will put these players in the right positions and have a very competitive team .

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

SOCMAN05 wrote:Alot of talk about the 19 seniors that will be graduating after this season for Valley and how tough it will be for Valley to compete next year . I think it will be considered a rebuilding year but there will still be some big lineman left on that field with Hettinger the 2 Miller brothers which are 6'4 as we speak and alot of skilled players are left also . If you look ahead at the schedule it does favor Valley with Burg Minford and Waverly all coming to Indian turf , West is an away game which will be a tough place to win. But JMO Coach C will put these players in the right positions and have a very competitive team .
He ALWAYS does.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

wink wrote:

And wink show me where i said you did LOL

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Will anyone be posting updates on this game? I'm not going to be able to make it and I'd love to be able to keep up with what's happening.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jesco White wrote:Will anyone be posting updates on this game? I'm not going to be able to make it and I'd love to be able to keep up with what's happening.

If you need to, send me your cell # and I can text you updates at the end of each score/quarter

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

I may be doing updates depending on how good the service is there. These darn smart phones aren't worth much unless you've got 3G or wifi

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

About 12 minutes until kickoff, very cold night. Hope the rain doesn't come down!

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Minford's first drive is a 3 and out. Fumbling the snap back to the goal line, still gets the punt off. Ball on Minford 44
Last edited by ZacBrownBand on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Keller brings it in from a few yards out. 7-0

Return to “Football”