D III R12 Qtrs: #7 Jackson (10-0) at #2 Athens (10-0)

ironman02
SEOP

Re: D III R12 Qtrs: #7 Jackson (10-0) at #2 Athens (10-0)

Post by ironman02 »

Congratulations to the Jackson Ironmen! Win #11 ties a school record for most wins in a season.

The Jackson defense was just outstanding all night. I didn't get to hear the stats but I believe I did hear that Sharp had less than 40 yards rushing. That's simply amazing!

Jackson's offense took some time to get going tonight, but Drew Ervin put them on his back and took over in the second half. Outstanding performance from the senior RB/LB. He really punished the Athens defenders as the game wore on, and then showed his unbelievable speed to finish things off.

Great win for the community, the coaching staff, and most importantly, the Jackson Ironmen football team. Still perfect. Enjoy this one tonight and then get ready for the biggest game of your lives against Alder.

Finally, congrats to Athens on a fine season. You have a great football team that should be proud of all that they accomplished this season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats to the Ironmen!

11-0

Defense...that's how you have to play to win in the playoffs! Tremendous all-around effort....that must be repeated next week.

Drew Ervin....outstanding game. Jackson stuck to their gameplan and the coaches were patient and we wore them down.

I sure hope it is Logan (hello Pizza Crossing).....but will be happy wherever.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

trip4 wrote:Logan.. Canal.. Chilli.. Memphis..

PIONEERS WILL TRAVEL WELL..

IF AT LOGAN WE'LL FILL THOSE NICE HOME STANDS!!
By defeating the #2 seed, I believe Jackson is now the home team next week.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Paladin_II wrote:Well, picked this game correctly but the road for Jackson ends next week. Leaving SEO and going to play Alder will be a liberal education for a team that played no one and is unprepared to play a real playoff team. Athens , of course , was exposed tonite. Next , its Jackson's turn. The playoffs can be cruel.
That didn't take long. Don't you have anything better to do?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No he does not. He is Paladin....God of Crap

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

agree bluebomber, what is he thinking with a shotgun formation to gain 1 yard. so before the play even starts u lose 3 yards and try to run for four yards to get the first down. the suspect playcalling was exposed last week when the coaching staff decided a passing game was the way to burn clock while up 21 points. Great season Athens! Be safe Everyone.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I agree

Negative six - plus four - does not equal one ... :mrgreen:

(A shot-gun formation takes you back about 5 yards behind the center, plus one more yard to the ball)

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Good talking to you tonight, bulldog. Sorry that we didn't get to talk longer.

At least it didn't come down to a freshman kicker. :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ironman02 wrote:Good talking to you tonight, bulldog. Sorry that we didn't get to talk longer.

At least it didn't come down to a freshman kicker. :mrgreen:
Back at ya I02 ... I wish it would have came down to the kicker - that means it would have been a closer game ... lol

Can't complain much though ... 10-0, league champs, beat Nelsonville-York in dramatic fashion ... Plus, we got a pretty good hoops team this year - I'm alright with losing tonight, it means our boys can get in the gym quicker and start working on their game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

As predicted Jackson and the SEOAL all the way in this game. Enuff said. Now as for next week Jonathan Alder beat Logan Elm 35-21 but Alder was playing their 3rd best back because the No.'s 1 & 2 were hurt. I don't know if they were just sitting out or got hurt in the game but 610 am here in columbus just said this a little while ago on the scoreboard show. If they are injured Jackson might have a decent chance in this game. We'll see what happens later in the week.

trip4
Riding the Bench

Post by trip4 »

ironman02 wrote:

I think the HIGHER SEED becomes the HOME TEAM.. 7 beat a 2...

your still the 7 SEED..

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

^^^^^^wrong

Mr Basketball 14
Freshman Team

Post by Mr Basketball 14 »

Goodnight Athens we hardly knew you in the playoffs. But you had a great season. Good Luck in Basketball season.

trip4
Riding the Bench

Post by trip4 »

IRONMAN.. your pretty book smart .. that's a bummer..

per the lovely OHSAA.. your correct

http://ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftrglt.pdf
page 5..

WE JUST LOOK SO GOOOOOD IN BLACK!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Why does Gridiron Glory even display scores on the bottom of their show? They are NEVER right ... It shows Jackson 27, Athens 19 ... They also have the Wahama/Buffalo score wrong.

And yes, I92 is correct ... We've had to do that in baseball a few times ... Travel to a lower seed (because of that team knocking off the top seed.)

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Great Game tonight played by the Jackson Ironmen and hats off to a great program (Good Luck the rest of the way!)

Athens had way too many chances in the 1st half to make this a ball game and just could not finish off drives deep in the Ironmen territory...

This game had some very big hits on both sides and I was impressed that the officials allowed (for most part) the kids to play the game...Chris Russell laid one of the most powerful hits I witnessed all season...

The Jackson rushing attack was good for them tonight, and they capitalized on their 'Big Play' ability...

The Athens Defense did a helluva Job tonite of keeping the Bulldogs in this game for the most part (Jackson ran away late)...

Hey Paladin, go climb into a hole...Jackson just beat a very good Athens team that made too many mistakes tonight. You are a joke to think that Athens wasn't a Play-Off Team and that Jackson hasn't beat any quality teams...There is no reason that this Jackson team who tonight was better than Athens, cannot beat Alder. Jackson has some great Offensive Weapons and a solid Defense....

Congrats to the 2011 TVC-OHIO Champion Athens Bulldogs on their (10-Win) Season!
Congrats to the 2011 SEOAL Champion Jackson Ironmen on their (11-Win) Season & hopefully continued success!

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

ironman02 wrote:

Don't they play at neutral sites after the first round?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

mhs95_06 wrote:
ironman02 wrote:

Don't they play at neutral sites after the first round?
Yes, we're just talking about who will be considered the home team (gets to wear home colors, fans sit on home side).

Since Jackson defeated the #2 seed, they're now essentially considered the #2 seed in the region, which means they will be the "home" team at next week's neutral site.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Changing this from a "Sticky" back to a "Standard" topic since I just started next week's thread.

Sorry if anyone has trouble finding it to discuss the game, but the top of the forum is getting a little crowded.

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

Paladin_II wrote:
Well, picked this game correctly but the road for Jackson ends next week. Leaving SEO and going to play Alder will be a liberal education for a team that played no one and is unprepared to play a real playoff team. Athens , of course , was exposed tonite. Next , its Jackson's turn. The playoffs can be cruel.

does this guy like any team

Return to “Football”