D III R12 Qtrs: #7 Jackson (10-0) at #2 Athens (10-0)

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Re: D III R12 Qtrs: #7 Jackson (10-0) at #2 Athens (10-0)

Post by WitnessProtection »

93Bulldog wrote:
WitnessProtection wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Schwarzel: 33 receptions for 569 yds and 2 TD's
Stanley: 15 receptions for 301 yards and 4 TD's
Sharp: 11 receptions for 209 yards and 1 TD.

Athens TE's like to catch the ball as well.

Maxson: 6-122 (1 TD)
Mack: 3-35 (3 TD)
Good balance among the receivers.
Sharp has, what, about 1,300 yards rushing?
Sharp: 193 carries for 1,262 and 22 TD's
Thanks. I think I read on here that Sharp's carries have trailed off a bit late in the season. Any particular reason? Injuries? Fatigue? Saving him for the playoffs?
I hope the kids on both sides are all 100% fit for this one.

Texas 2
Freshman Team

Post by Texas 2 »

Do you have handicap parking near the gate?

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Jackson has been consistant most of the season. Athens has had a few ups and downs, but able to survive each game. If Athens plays like the first 1/2 last week, they could play with Jackson and possibly beat them, if they play like the 2nd ha.f, Jackson wins by 4 TDS. Im going to go down the middle and say Jackson wins 27-21.

saintsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by saintsfan »

The gates opened up at 4:30 last week for the big game vs Nelsonville. I am not sure about this week though. I assume they will open at 4:30 as well. There is handicapped parking by the gate as well.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

WitnessProtection wrote:
ACCBiggz wrote:Random: In cases like this I really wish Athens, Nelsonville and the OHSAA could have gotten together and figured out a way to move the games to Peden Stadium on Friday. Yes, I know it would never happen but with both local schools having a game at the same day/time, and both opposing schools have great traveling fans, I think having the double-header there makes a lot of sense for everyone. It can handle all of the crowd (parking as well) it's not a true neutral site as it's in Athens so there is still some of that home-field feel to it and it would be good for the county.

/twocents
Great idea! Massive gate!
First round games aren't neutral site anyway.
that easily could have happened, but do you really think that Athens and Nelsonville would have been willing to give up their concessions and the money they make off of these games to the University? NOT

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I don't think Athens has the overal team speed or fire power to stay with jackson I think it will be close for the first half then Jackson will prolly pull away but I could be wrong.
Jackson 42-14

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Hope your right but I don't see it. Gonna be a fast paced game. If the defense shuts them down 3 and out the first two possessions we might run away but those first few series are very important.
Gotta set the tone IRONMEN! :aaaaa26

sittin the pine
Waterboy

Post by sittin the pine »

Drew Pasteur's website has posted odds on DIII Region 12

Archbishop Alter (Kettering) 2:1
Jonathan Alder 2:1
Jackson 7:1
Shawnee (Springfield) 7:1
Thurgood Marshall (Dayton) 15:1
Logan Elm (Circleville) 60:1
Athens (The Plains) 80:1
Taft (Cincinnati) 500:1

Interesting Information

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

I agree Athens will not be able to keep up with the ironmens offense and will have trouble moving on the defense. NY gave Athens 7 turnovers and they only put up 24 points

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Meigs Connty would like to wish both seo teams good luck. As playing in the SEOAL many years ago It's hard to be just all TVC, So I'll put it like this may the best team win that night, and the winner make a deep run in the playoffs.

GOOD LUCK SEO..............................................

Jackson- 28
Athens- 16

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Goodluck to the Bulldogs!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Ironman88 wrote:I agree Athens will not be able to keep up with the ironmens offense and will have trouble moving on the defense. NY gave Athens 7 turnovers and they only put up 24 points
Mainly because we had five turnovers ourselves. The N-Y game wasn't a very good representation of what either Athens or N-Y are capable of. Tons of penalties and 12 combined turnovers, the pressure of the situation showed. IMO

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

sittin the pine wrote:Drew Pasteur's website has posted odds on DIII Region 12

Archbishop Alter (Kettering) 2:1
Jonathan Alder 2:1
Jackson 7:1
Shawnee (Springfield) 7:1
Thurgood Marshall (Dayton) 15:1
Logan Elm (Circleville) 60:1
Athens (The Plains) 80:1
Taft (Cincinnati) 500:1

Interesting Information
Man, where I can throw my dollar into the hat? I would gladly put a buck down on the Bulldogs or Taft to win $80 or $500.

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

Especially Taft, they have 2 boys in the ESPN top 150 recruits I believe.

This is going to be a long week, can't Friday just hurry up and get here!

Looking at Athens starting roster it doesn't seem like they have very much size. I know that doesn't ALWAYS win games...but most of the time it does. Jackson backs are bigger than nearly the entire Athens D, this could cause some trouble. Jackson isn't just big and strong, they are pretty fast now too. Slowest player on our starting D runs a 4.9, most of them run 4.6-4.7 and of course 2 or 3 run a 4.5 hopefully this will come to our advantage, but like I said that does not always matter. It depends if you show up ready to play Friday night. I'd like to see some new formations and packages for the Ironmen on offense, but my guess is they won't do anything different than all season if they don't have too. In that case, I'll take the T formation if it gets us the WIN!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

athens78 wrote:We'll see why Athens got out of the S.E.O.A.L. and moved to the much smaller and weaker T.V.C. Jackson by three touchdowns. Hard to imagine that Athens has only made the playoffs twice now. To here everyone in Athens they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.
A few things come to mind with this comment, IF Athens were still in the SEOAL they would have finished no worse than 2nd in the league this season (Gallia was second with three wins). Athens has three wins against the SEOAL and I don't think too many would argue that we wouldn't have beat Logan and Portsmouth this year so, I guess we'll find out if we would have been SEOAL champions this season or if we would have been runner up come Friday. Second are you arguing that the move to the TVC was a bad one? Because it was no doubt the best thing for the longterm health of our programs, does that mean that in the future it will still be the best option? No, but things like this can be evaluated and changes can be made if necessary(I don't see it anytime really soon though). And finally, this group of kids ARE the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to football in Athens, you said it yourself its only the second trip to the playoffs in school history and the first team ever to go 10-0 so what more do they need to do to impress you? Does this mean we'll beat Jackson? Nope, but I for one am impressed with this group of young men and they have had the greatest season in school history (against good competition mind you) and you should take that into consideration before you cut down their accomplishment.

tomcatsroll
Freshman Team

Post by tomcatsroll »

Good Luck from Tomcat lane!

strokn7
Riding the Bench

Post by strokn7 »

I do get a kick out of the Jackson fans making fun of the TVC. Yes, the TVC is BAD. Yes, the TVC is bad every single year. However, this particular year the SEOAL is pretty BAD as well.

Jackson 10-0- I don't care who you play, 10-0 is impressive. The win against Ironton was solid, but still, not a typical Ironton squad. Decent win against St. Charles, but you still gave up 35 points. Look at the good teams that St. Charles played, none of them gave up close to 35.
Gallia Academy 6-4- Not bad for the 2nd place team. Still, no good wins.
Warren 5-5- No good wins.
Chillicothe 3-7-No good wins.
Portsmouth 3-7- No good wins.
Logan 1-9- Who knows what happened to Logan.

Great season for Jackson. I don't want to take that away from them at all. However, the SEOAL is nowhere near as tough as when Athens was in it. I understand that Jackson doesn't choose for these teams to not be at the level they once were. But quit knocking on the TVC when the SEOAL pretty much stinks.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I guess I'd question the TVC being so far beneath the SEOAL this year. Good Luck Athens, Represent the TVC.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Athens78- please allow our community to enjoy the moment.
The kids have been awesome. Or at least change your name to AthensHater, or AthensAlumniNoItAll still living in the past.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Well I would have to question Tradition's reported speeds of Jackson's Defensive players :122245

Return to “Football”