Final Athens 24, Nelsonville-York 21

buckfan84
All Conference

Re: Final Athens 24, Nelsonville-York 21

Post by buckfan84 »

If you're referring to my post Logan buckeye just realize I wasn't blaming turnovers. I was blaming several issues as I felt it had been stated that one thing, a pat, was what made us lose. I also said Athens had played a great game.

Jelly
Waterboy

Post by Jelly »

all i know is nelsonville wouldnt had even been in the game without the glouster rutter austin north

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Jelly wrote:all i know is nelsonville wouldnt had even been in the game without the glouster rutter austin north
If you can't beat em, join em?

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Jelly wrote:all i know is nelsonville wouldnt had even been in the game without the glouster rutter austin north
All I know is, it seems that IF Glousters administration had some class they might just hang on to some players.

ny_buckeyes_07
Waterboy

Post by ny_buckeyes_07 »

Some of the post in this thread are ridiculous.

I say it's time to move on, we have a home playoff game to look forward to and more football to be played, the majority of teams in the state can't say that. I'm sure the boys have moved on and if they haven't Boston will help them come monday. What's done is done.

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

To N-Y posters that keep beating the drum about the officials, please stop. If you play FOUR quarters of ball instead of Two, the officials have little effect. That did'nt happen, so move on and celebrate that our kids, Athens and Trimble are moving on to week 11.

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

DILLIGAF wrote:
buckfan84 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:The real 'yea but' that should be brought up is ... 'Yea, but NY should have made the extra point that probably would have gave the Buckeyes the win.'

The soccer player for Athens wasn't the difference - it was the fact NY allowed the game to be tied 21-21 ... I don't think Athens scores again if the Buckeyes go up 22-21, the game could have been overwith right there. Also, putting the ball on the ground 3 times and losing all three - then throwing 4 INT's kind of had an impact as well. I understand frustration when a team losses a very tough ballgame, Ive been throug it numerous times (i.e. NY vs Athens in 2009 and 2010 ... Alex vs Athens in 2010) ... But I never blamed the refs or Alexander's soccer player (Yazdani) - I looked inward and had only the Bulldogs to blame for what happened throughout the game to allow them to be in a position to lose.
I'll just say this. I hope it makes you pleased to put this on the shoulders of a 17 yo kid. I realize there are some fans crying foul. I seem to remember Athens being upset with a FG or two in the past. I realize this winning consistently is new but learn to do it with some class just as some NY fans need to learn to lose with some. You've now posted this twice. I certainly hope you think twice before doing it again. It's just simply beneath you I would think.
lol ny fan telling someone to win with class thats great
Our N-Y KIDS and Coaches do win and lose with class. As for SOME of our fans and seopreps posters, they need to knock it the hell off and let it go. N-Y has week 11 at home, look forward to Friday.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

It appears to me that NY fans are handling it well considering the heart-wrenching loss.

They are passionate about their team and program and are only human. Look at how some other people act in similar circumstances.

For example, many Penn State fans think there is a Big Ten conspiracy from the top administrators that keeps them from dominating the conference. Many Michigan fans now try to claim that 2001-2010 against Ohio State was all a fraud, because somehow, the Buckeyes gained a competitive advantage on the field by trading memorabilia for tattoos.

That is how many football fans react. Compare it to the NY responses in this thread and NY people look pretty good.

I am impressed with both fan-bases - not a lot of pouting and conspiracy theories and not a lot of gloating from the winner.

Now both teams just need to figure out how to protect the football.

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

We lost, they won. In any football game, you can nit-pick any number of plays that impact the outcome of the game. I think one of the interceptions we had in the 2nd half hit the ground, so you could say if they called that differently, we never get to a tie. Bottom line is, both teams had tons of mistakes, and Athens overcame them. Hats off to them.

At this point, it doesn't matter. Both teams have tough home games, and I hope they both get to week 12!

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

I am only going to say this once. Everything surrounding and involved in the game lived up to the billing except the officials. Who ever is responsible for hiring that crew should be ashamed of himself. With a better crew the outcome would have been totally different. Oh well, now on to putting a whooping on R19.

P.S. The kicker thing is not a dead issue. A certain coach is communicating with the state about acclimation days, if you know what I mean. ;-)

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Amarranavajas wrote:P.S. The kicker thing is not a dead issue. A certain coach is communicating with the state about acclimation days, if you know what I mean. ;-)
I sure hope they're not wasting time on this, and instead are focused on the Senators....

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Amarranavajas wrote:I am only going to say this once. Everything surrounding and involved in the game lived up to the billing except the officials. Who ever is responsible for hiring that crew should be ashamed of himself. With a better crew the outcome would have been totally different. Oh well, now on to putting a whooping on R19.

P.S. The kicker thing is not a dead issue. A certain coach is communicating with the state about acclimation days, if you know what I mean. ;-)
Your name gives you away, Amarranavajis. You're only motivation here is to be a "$#!t-stirrer" for your own pleasure and amusement. It's already been said that Athens followed the appropriate procedures regarding acclimation days, so any time or energy focused on that would certainly be a waste, and I have a feeling the N-Y coaching staff is smarter than you are giving them credit for.

Your comment about the officials is a weak "what if" game that every loser plays when they are sour. Thankfully you do not represent N-Y, only your own personal agendas, because true N-Y folks (as well as true Athens folks), as someone said earlier have been reacting with nothing but class.

You are exposed, "_ _ _ _-stirrer," and a joke!

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

Tyler_Durden wrote:
Amarranavajas wrote:I am only going to say this once. Everything surrounding and involved in the game lived up to the billing except the officials. Who ever is responsible for hiring that crew should be ashamed of himself. With a better crew the outcome would have been totally different. Oh well, now on to putting a whooping on R19.

Your name gives you away, Amarranavajis. You're only motivation here is to be a "$#!t-stirrer" for your own pleasure and amusement. It's already been said that Athens followed the appropriate procedures regarding acclimation days, so any time or energy focused on that would certainly be a waste, and I have a feeling the N-Y coaching staff is smarter than you are giving them credit for.

Your comment about the officials is a weak "what if" game that every loser plays when they are sour. Thankfully you do not represent N-Y, only your own personal agendas, because true N-Y folks (as well as true Athens folks), as someone said earlier have been reacting with nothing but class.

You are exposed, "_ _ _ _-stirrer," and a joke!
Kicker joined team on Tuesday, then played on Friday. Is that enough acclimation days? I thought they needed more than three. But maybe I am wrong. Deny, deny, deny all you want. But I think most of us agree the officials were horrible. Also, did you not listen to the call in show after the game?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Get a life! and quit wasting your time of trivial issues! Game over!

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

I thought acclimation days only applied to requiring 5 days to get used to the heat for summer practice. I don't know the rules, but I don't think the heat would've been an issue on Friday. :)

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

buckman wrote:I thought acclimation days only applied to requiring 5 days to get used to the heat for summer practice. I don't know the rules, but I don't think the heat would've been an issue on Friday. :)
I THOUGHT this game was played last Friday. So why can't Amar leave it at that?

NYF
Freshman Team

Post by NYF »

The game is over. Athens won...Next year they will play again.
I don't care and I'm sure the NY Staff could care less if they brought all the soccer team, golf team and some of the cross country team to play. True NY fans are over it and are ready to move on to PW. The refs were bad to both teams, they didn't have any out come of the game. Athens won on the field, and that pretty much wraps it up. I'm sure NY will be ready for the siders.
Its now playoff time.

I wish all the TVC teams good luck this week. WE NEED WINS FROM ALL TVC TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Someone might want to send this info to the state.
http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/rglts/11-12FTreg.pdf
Look at 1.12. "Candidates reporting late must participate in five days of non-contact acclimatization.
This rule applies to all school teams grade 7-12."

From the athens news -- http://www.athensnews.com/ohio/article- ... ctory.html
Athens High enjoys historic victory

Seth Brooks, an Athens High School senior, kicked the winning field goal at Friday evening's blockbuster faceoff between Athens High and Nelsonville York High School.

The Bulldogs of AHS won the game in overtime, 24-21, on the strength of Brooks game-ending, 21-yard boot. Brooks serves as co-captain of the AHS varsity soccer team, and, along with another soccer player, was asked to kick for the football team only four days before the game.

Asked how he felt before making the winning kick, "It was similar to soccer. You just have to go out and do it. I wasn't nervous about making the kick; I was nervous about letting the team down, because I knew how much [this game] meant to them."

The Athens victory is the school's first outright Tri-Valley Conference championship since 1965 and their first 10-0 season possibly in history. A conference playoff game will be played at Athens High School for the first time in history this Friday.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I know for a fact that Athens contacted the OHSAA for further clarification of the rules and were assured that they were in compliance before allowing the players to play. Also even if the OHSAA were to rule in favor of N-Y on the issue what would it prove? That a trophy and paint on a wall is all you care about? I seem to remember many N-Y fans pointing out that their forfeit loss to Wellston a few years ago didn't really matter because "we all know who won on the field". We could change the official record book and you could have the trophy but everone around will still rememer what happened on the field. Again people move on, Portsmouth West doesn't care what happened in Athens last week and they are who you should be worrying about.

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

As A-Town Big Dog stated, feel free to send it to the state, but Athens contacted the OHSAA before the game and the state cleared the players. The Athens coaching staff met all of the requirements. The players not only had time with the football team in the week before the game, but don't forget, they participated on the soccer team... those days count toward climate acclimation.

Return to “Football”