Your schools best team(s) ever!

ravensfan09
JV Team

Re: Your schools best team(s) ever!

Post by ravensfan09 »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:48 pm meatswinger

If you are going to troll me and say stupid stuff at least get the years correct. You are thinking of the 1985 Soutwestern team that also went 8-2. Newerk Catholic probably would have defeated the 85 team fairly easily but SW did not get in. I will say this that both the 1980 and 1985 Southwestern teams were successful because of the players and not me!!!! I posted the team because I do feel the 1980 SW team is the best in school history and the members of that team deserve the credit: Scott Russell, Dale Newberry, Jay Burleson, Joe and Jerome Potter, Ron and Randy Hammond, Don and Ron Carr, Wayane Sizemore, Todd Baker, Beaver Stevens, Scott Lewis, Randy Kessinger, Randy Layton, Greg Terry, Steve Forgery, Mike Daines, Doug Evans, Steve Miller, Kevin Emery, Eugine Bates, Joe Gilbert-23 members.Two Assistant Coaches: Keith Downing and Roger Foster

Some may say that 1961 and 1985 were better.

I figure you will make something out of this post because you enjoy trolling me and making fun of me. Just to let you know I consider my head coaching career a failure. I hope you get some enjoyment out of this when you have a little extra time in class. Heck the truth is I probably know you.

I probably should make this my last post!

Jack James
Coach James is a class act! A tremendous person and mentor to young people. It's a shame that some on this site want to constantly bash coaches and players, but what else are you to do if you are a jerk. Coach James invested his life to young people as do a lot of coaches. He doesn't want your pat on the back, even though he deserves it, but all he asks is to be respected. He has earned that!

Btw....I did notice he signed his post with his name.

Much respect Coach!

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Rock Hill would either have to be 1995 or 2005.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

Ground Buck wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:10 pm
Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm I will be happy to get this party started. At eastern, we take great pride in the accomplishments of our teams from 1971 and 1981. The 71 team was lead by the greatest coach in eagle histroy, Roger "Buzz" Kirkhart! One of the top players on that team was John "chuck" Sheets. we would have won a state title that year with Kirkhart leading the way if we could have only been in the playoffs.

The 81 team was lead by the greatest coach ever at Eastern, ARCH ROSE! He basically willed the team to a perfect year. The team also got some leadership from Mike Bissell. This team woulda been Stae Champs if Ohio had only allowed us in the playoffs.
I would have loved for NY's 81 team to get a shot at that Eastern team you mentioned. Talk about an asz whipping. No Eastern team would have ever won the state, that's laughable. But if you want to see a state championship trophy come on up to Buchtel. We'll show. you what one looks like. :mrgreen:
The sad part is we will never know. We were told that coach Boston lobbies to keep us out of the playoffs because he didn’t want to play us

Rebel Yell
Riding the Bench

Post by Rebel Yell »

ravensfan09 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:45 pm

If you are going to troll me and say stupid stuff at least get the years correct. You are thinking of the 1985 Soutwestern team that also went 8-2. Newerk Catholic probably would have defeated the 85 team fairly easily but SW did not get in. I will say this that both the 1980 and 1985 Southwestern teams were successful because of the players and not me!!!! I posted the team because I do feel the 1980 SW team is the best in school history and the members of that team deserve the credit: Scott Russell, Dale Newberry, Jay Burleson, Joe and Jerome Potter, Ron and Randy Hammond, Don and Ron Carr, Wayane Sizemore, Todd Baker, Beaver Stevens, Scott Lewis, Randy Kessinger, Randy Layton, Greg Terry, Steve Forgery, Mike Daines, Doug Evans, Steve Miller, Kevin Emery, Eugine Bates, Joe Gilbert-23 members.Two Assistant Coaches: Keith Downing and Roger Foster

I figure you will make something out of this post because you enjoy trolling me and making fun of me. Just to let you know I consider my head coaching career a failure. I hope you get some enjoyment out of this when you have a little extra time in class. Heck the truth is I probably know you.

Jack James
Coach James is a class act! A tremendous person and mentor to young people. It's a shame that some on this site want to constantly bash coaches and players, but what else are you to do if you are a jerk. Coach James invested his life to young people as do a lot of coaches. He doesn't want your pat on the back, even though he deserves it, but all he asks is to be respected. He has earned that!

Much respect Coach!
Jack James for the Hall of Fame!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:25 pm
Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm I will be happy to get this party started. At eastern, we take great pride in the accomplishments of our teams from 1971 and 1981. The 71 team was lead by the greatest coach in eagle histroy, Roger "Buzz" Kirkhart! One of the top players on that team was John "chuck" Sheets. we would have won a state title that year with Kirkhart leading the way if we could have only been in the playoffs.

The 81 team was lead by the greatest coach ever at Eastern, ARCH ROSE! He basically willed the team to a perfect year. The team also got some leadership from Mike Bissell. This team woulda been Stae Champs if Ohio had only allowed us in the playoffs.
I would have loved for NY's 81 team to get a shot at that Eastern team you mentioned. Talk about an asz whipping. No Eastern team would have ever won the state, that's laughable. But if you want to see a state championship trophy come on up to Buchtel. We'll show. you what one looks like. :mrgreen:
The sad part is we will never know. We were told that coach Boston lobbies to keep us out of the playoffs because he didn’t want to play us
Last I checked, as it has always been, you have to earn your way into the playoffs. Another team can't keep you out of the playoffs unless they have more points accumulated.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

In 1980 and 1982 we was almost state champions twice. Them teams was led by Carl Wolfe as coach and was assisted by howie Caldwell
Some of the top players was dale teaford and Kent Wolfe
Those were the days

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Rebel Yell wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:34 pm
ravensfan09 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:45 pm

Jack James

Much respect Coach!
Jack James for the Hall of Fame!
Yes I agree, Jack James should be in the hall of fame.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

River Valley
7-4
Only playoff team in school history
QB Dayton Hardaway
RB Mark Wray
WR Kirk Morrow
DL Mike Williams

Coached by Merrill Triplett
Only won 4 games that year, but all 4 in a very tough SEOAL.
4-3 in SEOAL, only RV team with a SEOAL winning record

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

79Tiger wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:56 pm
Donnie Hagglethorpe wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Last I checked, as it has always been, you have to earn your way into the playoffs. Another team can't keep you out of the playoffs unless they have more points accumulated.
I know it was a troll post, but also, NY (IV) & Eastern (V) weren’t even in the same division.

Eastern finished 6th in their region that year, when only the top 2 teams made the playoffs.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Ironton St.Joe 1964
OVC CHAMPS

Slothman
Freshman Team

Post by Slothman »

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

portsmouth 2000 state semi jojo parker and 1984 portsmouth danny reid lead team

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

phstrojans1111 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:33 pm portsmouth 2000 state semi jojo parker and 1984 portsmouth danny reid lead team
That 2000 Portsmouth team gave Vinton County it’s worst loss in the history of the school. A 60-0 beatdown.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The people in VC argue about the 1991 and 1993 teams as to who was the best ever. I put together a formula and ranked the top ten teams in school history.

1991 was Vinton County’s only 10-0 season but we failed to qualify for the playoffs. The 1993 team finished 9-1 and lost in the regional finals to Ironton in overtime. Both were great teams.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dundas wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 pm The people in VC argue about the 1991 and 1993 teams as to who was the best ever. I put together a formula and ranked the top ten teams in school history.

1991 was Vinton County’s only 10-0 season but we failed to qualify for the playoffs. The 1993 team finished 9-1 and lost in the regional finals to Ironton in overtime. Both were great teams.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:28 pm
Dundas wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 pm The people in VC argue about the 1991 and 1993 teams as to who was the best ever. I put together a formula and ranked the top ten teams in school history.

We’re going to do a podcast where I give the top 10 sometime soon. You’ll have to listen in.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dundas wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:29 pm

We’re going to do a podcast where I give the top 10 sometime soon. You’ll have to listen in.
When is it , I’ll be a guest

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:32 pm
Dundas wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:29 pm

When is it , I’ll be a guest
Not sure yet. Over the spring probably. Would love to have you on!

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Dundas wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:16 pm
phstrojans1111 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:33 pm portsmouth 2000 state semi jojo parker and 1984 portsmouth danny reid lead team
That 2000 Portsmouth team gave Vinton County it’s worst loss in the history of the school. A 60-0 beatdown.
Beat us 30-6 that year in playoffs but our quarterback had a separated shoulder “on his throwing arm” and couldn’t throw but 15 yards! We shut them down second half after adjustments but couldn’t throw it like we should have! Had the best linemen I went against in high school had a center that was a biggin. We were 8-3

Wellston Logan Portsmouth gallia all had dream teams in 2000

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

allamericanironman wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:01 pm
Dundas wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:16 pm
Beat us 30-6 that year in playoffs but our quarterback had a separated shoulder “on his throwing arm” and couldn’t throw but 15 yards! We shut them down second half after adjustments but couldn’t throw it like we should have! Had the best linemen I went against in high school had a center that was a biggin. We were 8-3

Wellston Logan Portsmouth gallia all had dream teams in 2000
Logan lost to state champion upper Arlington in elite 8. Portsmouth made it to final 4
1999 was gallias best team

In 2000 Jackson beat VC 46-6

Return to “Tennis”