All-Star Meet

WrestlinFan11
Waterboy

All-Star Meet

Post by WrestlinFan11 »

These all star match-ups will be good

Athens 140- I think this match with Charlie Gerren will be pretty easy for him considering that he pinned him earlier in the season (Desales I think) unless this guy for Fairfeild has gotten alot better.

Athens 145- This will be a tough match for Steven McLaughlin, even though he placed 6th in state (good job), because the guy he is going against got 1st in sectionals, 2nd(i think) in districts, and 2nd in state, this will definatly be a good match.

Athens 171- The great Joey Young will difinately win (from wut i heard about this Wellston guy), he should have no problem because he pinned the Belpre dude (1st period) and Levi Ousley (3rd period at districts.)

Nelsonville-York 145- From what ive seen from this senior (Patrick Norway) wrestler he shouldnt have that much problem from Fanin, I say pin 1st period or at the beggining of the 2nd period.

subwrstlr155
Waterboy

Re: All-Star Meet

Post by subwrstlr155 »

if fraley tries then it wont be much of a match at all, no offense to the athens kid but he is on a completly different level

wrcoach02
Riding the Bench

Post by wrcoach02 »

wrestlinfan11 come and watch there should be some very good matches. even at the weight classes you listed

traffic8484
Freshman Team

Post by traffic8484 »

Lockard from Wellston pinned Young from Athens in the third place match at the Deno this year. 2:47

WrestlinFan11
Waterboy

Post by WrestlinFan11 »

idk about Joey he wasnt having a very good day after he lost earlier... but i think that he will pull through and win even if it isnt a pin and with mclaughlin and frayley i think this match will go all 3 periods. It will probably be a good match! I will definately be there and i have 3 new people to talk about.

Miami Trace 112- From what i have seen and heard about Cody Neff (1st in sectionals, 1st in districts i think, and 2nd in state) he is the definate favor to win this match against Alex Minnard of Fairfeild Union (If i am correct Neff and Minnard have already wrestled once at sectionals and Neff won), but maybe if Minnard put up a fist it will last to the 2nd period.

Nelsonville-York 125- Personal Opinion Zack Hook doesnt even deserve to be in this all star match! I know that he is pretty good and he received 1st at sectionals and made it to districts but what i have seen of him recently there are some other people that deserve to be in his position (Nash from Athens who pinned Hook at the Deno!)

Trimble 130- Cory Morgan the pride and joy of Trimble High School. No offense to him but he is going to get slaughtered bad by Severance of Sheridan. Cory is a great wrestler and might make it to the 3rd period, but Severance is a force to be reconde with. So all I have to say to Cory Morgan is "Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!"

ahugefan
Riding the Bench

Post by ahugefan »

wrestlinfan11, i do have to agree cory morgan is the pride of trimble!!!!!!But on the other HOOK subject i disagree with you he does deserve his spot in the all star!!!!he was having a bad day at the deno!!!!!I think that we all have bad days!!

ahugefan
Riding the Bench

Post by ahugefan »

wrestlinfan11,yes Cory Morgan does have a tuff match ,but im sure he will give it his all.. Thanks for reconizing that he is The Pride and Joy of Trimble High School!! Also he happens to be my Pride And Joy!!

Trimblemom
Freshman Team

Post by Trimblemom »

Wrestlinfan11 THANK YOU FOR SAYING CORY MORGAN 130 IS THE PRIDE AND JOY OF TRIMBLE WE NO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO NO ONE EVER SAID HE DIDNT HAVE A TUFF MATCH COMEING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE SEEN WHERE HE DOES .ALL I CAN SAY IS HE WILL DO HIS BEST. HE IS A GOOD KID . I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS BUT YOU NEED TO STOP SAYING STUFF ABOUT THESE KIDS ALSO ZACK HOOK DOES BELONG THERE HE HAD A BAD DAY AT THE DENO DOESNT EVERYONE SOMETIMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THESE KIDS GIVE THERE HEART AND SOUL SO WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ????????????????????????

Trimblemom
Freshman Team

Post by Trimblemom »

wrestlinfan11 AGAIN I ASK YOU WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH THESE KIDS WHAT HAVE THEY EVER DONE TO YOU??????????????????????????????????????? WHO TOLD YOU THAT MORGAN DIDNT HAVE A TUFF MATCH COMEING UP WE NEVER EVERY SAID IT ALSO . ZACK HOOK BELONGS THERE JUST AS MUCH AS JOEY YOUNG WHAT NOW JOEY YOUNG HAD A BAD DAY SO WHY CANT ZACK AND I HAVE YOU NO ZACK IS A VERY GOOD KID I HAVE WATCHED HIM THE LAST 2 YEARS AND DOES BELONG THERE

Trimblemom
Freshman Team

Post by Trimblemom »

wrestlinfan11 AGAIN I ASK YOU WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH THESE KIDS WHAT HAVE THEY EVER DONE TO YOU??????????????????????????????????????? WHO TOLD YOU THAT MORGAN DIDNT HAVE A TUFF MATCH COMEING UP WE NEVER EVERY SAID IT ALSO . ZACK HOOK BELONGS THERE JUST AS MUCH AS JOEY YOUNG WHAT NOW? DIDNT JOEY LOSE AT THE DENO AS WELL?????????? IF JOEY YOUNG HAD A BAD DAY AS YOU SAY WHY CANT ZACK??????????? AND I WANT YOU TO NO ZACK IS A VERY VERY GOOD KID I HAVE WATCHED HIM THE LAST 2 YEARS AND HE DOES BELONG THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WrestlinFan11
Waterboy

Post by WrestlinFan11 »

I didnt even mean to offend any1 if it makes you feel any better i have to say every1 has a badday and flaws... Like Joey Young when he is on his back he just cant fight off, Steven McLaughling he is a good wrestler but he gets cocky and loses to people he beat be4 and what I said about Cory Morgan "Trimbles pride and Joy" i was serious he is G-R-E-A-T i have seen him wrestle in person he is the best 130 i have ever seen! And as for Zack Hook i wasnt calling him bad and i didnt know he had a bad day i just though athens 125 was better because he pinned him. And i look forward to see him tommarow!

Trimblemom
Freshman Team

Post by Trimblemom »

wrestlinfan11 Sorry i took it wrong about Morgan .Thank you for what you said about him . He is a great kid and we are very proud of him . As for Zack yes he had a bad day at the deno. And for Steven 145 athens we are very proud of him
Last edited by Trimblemom on Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WrestlinFan11
Waterboy

Post by WrestlinFan11 »

im sorry im going to write a follow up report like i did for the first couple

WrestlinFan11
Waterboy

Post by WrestlinFan11 »

is that ok

NastyNate2010
Waterboy

Post by NastyNate2010 »

WrestlinFan11 wrote:Miami Trace 112- From what i have seen and heard about Cody Neff (1st in sectionals, 1st in districts i think, and 2nd in state) he is the definate favor to win this match against Alex Minnard of Fairfeild Union (If i am correct Neff and Minnard have already wrestled once at sectionals and Neff won), but maybe if Minnard put up a fist it will last to the 2nd period.

WrestlinFan11,

These two wrestlers have wrestled numerous times throughout their high school careers. Neff got 2nd at sectionals, losing to Minnard 4-3 otu in the championships. Then, at districts, Neff got 3rd and Minnard got 2nd, both of whom lost via technical fall to David Taylor of Graham High School. Then at states, Neff blasted clear into the semifinals where he faced Minnard, again. The match was very close, 2-2, I believe, until Neff managed to "somehow" pin Minnard at the 4:42 mark. Whether Neff was wrestling at the top of his game, or Minnard just wasn't wrestling, I am pretty confident such a result will not happen again. Neff went on to take second, losing again to David Taylor, and Minnard took 5th. These two are extremely talented wrestlers and there truly isn't a "favorite" here. And I am sure it will go the full six minutes, maybe even longer. . .

ahugefan
Riding the Bench

Post by ahugefan »

wrestlinfan11 steven is very good no one never said he wasnt. yes i agree he is very cocky but that is just steven i think we all get cocky from time to time.as of morgan he is good as well,and so is zach hook...these are all good boys

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Post by athenswreslingmom »

Just want to tell cocky Steven (Athens) GREAT job at state. We are so proud of you. Cory (Trimble) we are so proud of you. Your a great kid. You put the heart in wrestling. Zack (Nelsonville) I hope you have a good nite tomorrow (lol) just joking. You do belong there. Good luck to all you boys!!! And Good Luck to all the Athens boys tomorrow :-D :-D :-D

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

You know, there is nothing wrong with predictions, but when you start labeling and saying things like "they don't belong there", you have gone way too far.

WrestlinFan11...Did you ever wrestle??? Have you any idea what it's like for these kids???

Congrats to each and every one of these boys who made it to the All Star meet! I will be there tonight to watch some great wrestling, because you deserve the support of every TRUE wrestling fan, because you've worked hard for that support!!! :122245

ahugefan
Riding the Bench

Post by ahugefan »

well said nybucksmom!!! every kid that made that all star team deserves there spot. Zach Hook does belong there he is a great kid and a great wrestler. He did get beat at the deno but that doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve to be on the all star team.

Lil&BigBucksMom1
Riding the Bench

Post by Lil&BigBucksMom1 »

Please remember even though they are high school students they are still our babies. Would you like someone to say that about your baby?

BTW- Event cancelled for tonight!

Return to “Wrestling”