nybucksmom thank you

Trimblemom
Freshman Team

nybucksmom thank you

Post by Trimblemom »

nybucksmom thank you for always surporting all the boys. You are a wonderful person. I sure missing seeing your son on the mat as i will miss my son on them take care and again thank you for surporting all the kids

Trimblemom
Freshman Team

Re: nybucksmom thank you

Post by Trimblemom »

I sure will miss our nelsonville family i no ever time my son was up if ny didnt have a kid up every ny fan would cheer for him ny has become his other family thank you to everyone for always being there for my son and all the cheering i will be back to watch all the kids next year not sure if it will be the same as my son on the floor but i will be there to surport them ny bucks good luck next year

Trimblemom
Freshman Team

Post by Trimblemom »

;-)

Trimblemom
Freshman Team

Post by Trimblemom »

Thank you 90buckeye for always being there and cheering my son also and thanks for always keeping us udated

ahugefan
Riding the Bench

Post by ahugefan »

NY BUCKS MOM YOU ARE TRULEY A GREAT PERSON!! ALL OF YOUR TIME AND DEDICATION IS SURE APPERICIATED BY ALOT OF PEOPLE!!ALSO THANKS FOR ALWAYS CHEERING MY NEPHEW ON..

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

Wow! Thanks! Made me cry! :-D

I really miss watching my own son wrestle. I remember how hard he worked over the years and how heartbreaking it can be to not reach a certain goal. Regardless, he was a State qualifier and accomplished a few records while wrestling for N-Y. Nothing to snoot at, and I love him anyway! ;-)

That's why I feel all these kids need all the support they can get from all of us. SE Ohio just doesn't get the recognition it should in sports. Beyond that, WRESTLING, does not get the recognition it should in the papers and local news. Nothing against the other sports (I mean that), but why can't our kids get their pictures and big write-ups in the papers? Why? Why? Why? A couple years ago we got a few, but nothing like basketball.

I work with Denton Guthrie at OU. He is a great guy and a great basketball coach for Alexander. Last year, his girls made it to State and the Athens Messenger did pages and pages (literally) of write-ups and pictures. Those girls deserved every one! However, Vinton County gets 2 boys out to State, after only having their program back for 4 years. What did they get? 2 write-ups, maybe 2 columns each, and no pictures. What the heck? Then this year...another 2 column article either Wed. or Thurs. about all the SE wrestlers (but they left Belpre's Mike Waderker out of it), and one column in last night's paper about Steven McLaughlin. Where's the love for Tyler Reed...isn't Waterford part of the TVC (and this remark is not meant to take anything away from Steven)?

I run the Southern Ohio Youth Wrestling League. The sports editor told me to email him information about our championship tournament. Since my job has been overwelming lately, I was a little late in getting it to him, so that's my fault. But, he didn't even respond to my email to even say he didn't have time to print it (I know he received it, too). He said they might send someone to the tournament (if available) to do coverage. That didn't happen either.

When I first called this guy, I even told him about the upcoming Grade School and Junior High States being held at the Convo, and what great youth wrestling events they are. He didn't even act like it was interesting news.

Why do we have to contact them to get coverage? Aren't they news reporters? Shouldn't they be working to get the news?

This is why I go crazy for all the kids. They deserve every bit of support they can get. I think we should all send letters to the Athens Messenger editors about this! What do you all say?

O.K. I'm off my soapbox now........ lol!

Return to “Wrestling”